Thread: Headers

white
    98 TA WS6

Headers

Hey, i'm thinking on doing headers on my car and i'm not sure what i need right now i have only hookers cat back and i want to het headers and y-pipe and if i get the pacesetters headers and that quick trip headers y-pipe do i still need catalytic converters or not and if now does the y-pipe fits right into rest of my stock exhaust?and also i got 3.73 gears for my rear end and do i need anything for the installation besides the gears?

It has a big wing!

Pacesetter headers ( I would get ceramic coated).As to the emissions hook ups or not, that will be determined by emissions laws in your area.

You will need a Y pipe to go with them.As to wether you get catalytic converters on your Y pipe probably depends on emissions testing in your area.So thats up to you I guess.

Get a new set of GM gaskets..

Some re-use the stock header bolts..

You should get O2 sensor extensions.

O2 simulators if you get a catless Y pipe or you can have them rear O2s tuned out.

Everything should bolt up to your catback exhaust you have on now.

That should get you going man... Good luck!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Baluchitherium View Post
    Pacesetter headers ( I would get ceramic coated).As to the emissions hook ups or not, that will be determined by emissions laws in your area.

You will need a Y pipe to go with them.As to wether you get catalytic converters on your Y pipe probably depends on emissions testing in your area.So thats up to you I guess.

Get a new set of GM gaskets..

Some re-use the stock header bolts..

You should get O2 sensor extensions.

O2 simulators if you get a catless Y pipe or you can have them rear O2s tuned out.

Everything should bolt up to your catback exhaust you have on now.

That should get you going man... Good luck!
    I agree. I would get the rear O2's tuned out since your installing header and 3.73 you'll need the computer settings changed for the new gears if you want a accurate spedometer and if you have a A4 you definately have to get it done or you car will hit the revlimter before it shifts and have th tranny retuned for firmer,faster shifting.
    I have 3.73's in my A4 and I got the ratech deluxe install kit from
    ws6store.com. Like having a new 10 bolt. Also you need 2 qaurts of gear oil any brand you like redline, royal purple, ect... and some GM diff additive
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

white
    98 TA WS6

k so ill go with catless and for the gears do i need any bushings or anything? what other small mods would you also recommend cuz i already ordered pulleys and new belts and intake manifold

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by dzikusnj View Post
    k so ill go with catless and for the gears do i need any bushings or anything? what other small mods would you also recommend cuz i already ordered pulleys and new belts and intake manifold
    It always depends on what your long term goals are for the car... So, if you have the time.... read read read my friend! Tons of good info on the site!

white
    98 TA WS6

yeah i know and yes this car will be staying with me for a long time, but i just don't have that much time to read on forums and that's why i'm lacking the knowledge on this car

White
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by dzikusnj View Post
    If you buy that ratech deluxe kit it comes with everything you need to install the gears and rebuilt the rear end. Good to have incase you find some work parts. I just replaced everything with the parts in the kit so it was like new inside.
    Also for headers you can buy the 02 extensions but in my opinion it's a waste. Just go to auto zone or any other parts store and get a set of Bosh 02's for a ls1 vette and they 're. Longer so you don't need those useless extesion and always better to have some new 02's since your doing a new exhaust.

It has a big wing!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    If you buy that ratech deluxe kit it comes with everything you need to install the gears and rebuilt the rear end. Good to have incase you find some work parts. I just replaced everything with the parts in the kit so it was like new inside.
    Also for headers you can buy the 02 extensions but in my opinion it's a waste. Just go to auto zone or any other parts store and get a set of Bosh 02's for a ls1 vette and they 're. Longer so you don't need those useless extesion and always better to have some new 02's since your doing a new exhaust.
    That's right! Forgot about those...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    avoid autozone, they are over priced compared to some of the sponsers here, also go for denso instead of bosch

rockauto .com if nothing else, but i'd save that for last
    Last edited by justinmc978; 04-01-2010 at 07:26 AM.

White
    1998 Trans Am

I mentioned local auto parts stores since it's
    simpler if you don't want to wait. If you can wait a few days to have them shipped. I know a few places to het them cheaper online. I bought all my parts online. Pretty much everything on my car is from ws6store.com. He matches ebay prices or anyone elses and usually throws in free shipping on anything I order.

white
    98 TA WS6

thanx guys, and that ws6store.com is awesome already ordered haders with catless y-pipe and 02 simulators 160 termostat and i'm thinking what to put in next since i'm swaping the engine in my car i want to do as many things as possible

White
    1998 Trans Am

Ya I just call Mike there and he always gets me the parts I need for great prices and everything I order comes in the 3 to 4 days. Any problems I have he usually tries to help you out. I got my ASP underdrive pulley from them and it started separating so I had to get it replaced. He actually helped me find out that their shop is 20 min from my Apt in Houston so I went by there buy the LS1 pulleys were on Backorder so it took 2 weeks but they gave me a new one. Mike at WS6 told me they were waiting on a shipment and had none otherwise he would have shipped me one and just had ASP ship my replacment to them. I've always got great customer service and if you order several parts like my headers and Ypipe were coming direct from QTP but I got the headers with no ypipe. I called WS6 store and thy were on the road to a show but had checked their messages and he called me Sat to tell me it was late because they were making more ypipes so it would be 3 extra days.

Thread Information