pewter
    2000 trans am

Question head light problems

I have a problem with my head lights,sometimes the passenger side door pops up and sometimes it does not.When it does pop up the head light motor sounds fine and it only seems to be the one on the passenger side.What gives,is there a relay thats bad or head light switch ????? any help would be great...thanks

SOM
    2002 Formula Firehawk

I had the same issue, not sure if this is your problem or not but, intermittently the passenger side would not open, I cleaned and lubricated (used Tri-flow silicone based lub) all the hinge points for the mechanism and it has not failed to date. Give it a try see what happens.

pewter
    2000 trans am

thanks I'll give it a shot

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

i have a problem with when i hit my lock or unlock buttons on my remote my headlights will pop up then go back down and then make a winding sound does anyone know why it could be doing this is it a short somewhere?

SOM
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by kris6273 View Post
    i have a problem with when i hit my lock or unlock buttons on my remote my headlights will pop up then go back down and then make a winding sound does anyone know why it could be doing this is it a short somewhere?
    I think you may be seeing two problems the headlight control module is going out which is causing the the lamps to pop up/down and possible the nylon gear in the headlight motor is stripped (make a winding sound) and need to be up-grade to a brass gear or flip it around. Try here: http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

Larry Dingleberry Racing

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Would the headlight control module going out cause my headlight motors to get stripped out because they never made the noise until they started flipping up and down like they are? Thanks for the help

SOM
    2002 Formula Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by kris6273 View Post
    Would the headlight control module going out cause my headlight motors to get stripped out because they never made the noise until they started flipping up and down like they are? Thanks for the help
    Possibly so, I know that the nylon gear is the week point and just normal use will eventually wear it out. Good luck!

get the hole head light asembly out of your car. take the moter off then open it up, find the p o s gear pick it up and rotate it 180 degrees, your gears are stripped. and the moter only uses half of the gear to open and close the headlights.once you have done this put it back to gether and it will work fine, shuld take about 30 to 45 min

Black
    2001Ws6 TransAm

bfranker.badz28, thanks for the info on the head lights. Mine are going up and down when I click my remote to open or close the door. I will be getting in touch with you soon to purchase the gears and your help with the removal and installation.
    2001WS6 T/A slp lid, smooth bellows, Taylor Thundervolt wires, Bosch+4, Vig 3200 stall, BM trans cooler, SLP 3" Y-pipe, 3" corsa catback, preditor custom tune by RWTD, 275/17BFG'S. 1976T/A 455-4spd-3:42

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Good info guys. Probably just a matter of time before I'll be changing out the headlight gears in our car.

Just a reminder to all: We have a headlight sticky with the posted information -- including the "bfranker" link: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67554 A lot of the more common problems are dealt with in great detail in the stickies.

Thread Information