Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

head/cam question

This is a discussion on head/cam question within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 0rion also, what mods do you currently have and is the car a stick or auto? and ...

Red
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    also, what mods do you currently have and is the car a stick or auto?
    and this.. and will be able to help you alot more.. OR call and get a custom cam ordered up.

red
    2000 trans am

im getting ready to install my tsp 233 239. so we could probably meet up and i'd let ya drive it and you could hear what it sounds like. alot of people think thats its pretty big for street driving as well but i think i will love it with 4.10's. also a friend of mine has their torquer v2 and love it pulls hard through entire band.

red
    2002 ws6

ive got an 02 m6 with full exhaust with long tubes and a lid. i will mostly be streeting it, with a few passes at the strip. not worried about driveability only drive it 1,500 a year. just want it to sound mean like the trex cams but not sure how to read durations. what it means.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by lsmaxxed View Post
    ive got an 02 m6 with full exhaust with long tubes and a lid. i will mostly be streeting it, with a few passes at the strip. not worried about driveability only drive it 1,500 a year. just want it to sound mean like the trex cams but not sure how to read durations. what it means.
    Everything you would ever want to know about cams: Camshaft Guide - Information / Write up

red
    2000 trans am

never pick a cam just for the way it sounds its your car man just saying a t rex cam is huge and the power band that cam has is not very good on the street imo. if you plan on being in the 5k range and up 90% of the time then you will like the cam if not go another route. you will need a very good tuner as well that will spend time on driveabilty because it will surge/buck/stall at lower rpms. you could probably get it away with it if your only driving the car 1500 a year but im just saying be prepared its a nasty mofo.

red
    2000 trans am

by the way you can get a smaller cam that will sound nasty like a big cam without all the hassle. custom grind from a sponsor.

Red
    99 Z28

if you want choppy idle you wanna do an lsa of 110-112 and more smooth idle would be 114-116.. NA engines are more the 110-112 and if you spray or boost the 114-116 are usually alot better.

red
    2002 ws6

looking for something like this :
    anyone no what kind of duration this is

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

A torquer v2 on a 112' lsa run thru a cutout should sound every bit as nasty as that.

red
    2000 trans am

looking for something like this :
    anyone no what kind of duration this is
    thats a "megadeath" cam from mti racing. not sure on specs

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Here's a vid of my Torquer V3, which is on a 111lsa. This is before I had it tuned and right after I finished the install so it's running a little rough. I also have LT's with GMMG.

red
    2000 trans am

sounds sick! let us know what you think of the cam once its tuned. make good power all the way across?

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

It's been tuned since (vid was taken in July) but my clutch was sticking on the dyno so I couldn't get a full pull in. It made 423hp 389tq with the bad clutch.....I'm guessing I would have been somewhere close to 440rwhp with my PRC 2.5 LS6 heads. It made 341hp 355tq before the H/C. I could daily drive this cam but my tuner had to spend two days with it to dial it in. I've changed the clutch but haven't broken it in yet and the car is in storage till May. Sadly I haven't been able to really get on the car.

I've since added ported/port matched FAST 92/92, 90mm MAF, FTP lid, TDP clutch and Kooks TD's. Don't really know what to expect....possibly 470rwhp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information