Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Has everyone forgotten!?!?!?

I know that almost everyone on here including myself are ls1 or trans am enthusiasts!!!!! But what about the public's eye!!! When I sit home watching car shows and documentry's on cars. I can never seem to find anyone of them talking about Trans Am's!!! I know that when i'm cruisin' in my Trans am, that i am always, always turning heads!!! Does anyone know of any dvd's that i can purchase talking about these great machines? And any other comments about this subject would help!!! Thanks, Clg82............

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

no one has to talk anything about our cars. I think the word "LS1" speaks for itself.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

I am an German car enthusiast as well as a lover of American muscle. I post a lot on Audiworld.com forums and when I told them all that my A4 was going to be my winter beater because I finally bought one of my dream cars for summer crusin' I nearly got flamed off the face of the planet, lol. A lot of people, especially people outside the U.S have no love for our type of cars. I hear complaints about build quailty, complaints about how the interior is cheap and ugly, complaints about the handling. But in the end it's hard to beat the $$$/fun ratio of an F-body.

As far as a good documentary about Trans Am, I can't say I know of any

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

kinda like the punk in the M3 i wasted the other day. He thought he was hot shit, with his girl in the car and started picking on me. So once we cleared out of traffic i let him have it. Although he didnt seem to bother me anymore after that, and just drew back into traffic.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

and you never see them in games either. I get mad every time I buy one claiming to have 'muscle cars' and then never have one.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    and you never see them in games either. I get mad every time I buy one claiming to have 'muscle cars' and then never have one.
    +1,000 for that, it pisses me off too

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

understated elegance, brothers.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

man, I was so mad when the new need for speed carbon came out claiming classic and new muscle, then it has some monarco (I think that's right). I damn sure never bought one in the game. but there were neither a classic like a '76, or a last model. I could have definitely seen a 02 collectors addition in that game competing with the concept challenger or that 02 Z06 Vette! but NEVER is the T/A represented in a game...because it blows all the cars away in the price range.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Yep exactly. All they ever have is the camaro if anything. Not saying they are bad cars or anything but I'd just like to play the game with MY car. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope they put one in forza 2.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sirenformula350 View Post
    Yep exactly. All they ever have is the camaro if anything. Not saying they are bad cars or anything but I'd just like to play the game with MY car. I guess I'll just have to wait and hope they put one in forza 2.
    Every list I've seen for Forza 2 has the SS camaro, but no Trans Am

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by AaBryan View Post
    Every list I've seen for Forza 2 has the SS camaro, but no Trans Am
    why am I not surprised

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah Forza 2 has the 02 SS....I was dissapointed too but at least we have a F-body to work with.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Grand Turismo 4 has LS1 Trans am and SS

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

There was a Firebird video (VHS) available through High Performance Pontiac Magazine a few years ago. And the American Musclecar series on Speed has done a Trans Am show, My Classic car has done a show from the T/A Nat's in the past also. Obviously we would all like there to be a little more emphassis towards Pontiacs and Firebirds in general. But being a loyal Pontiac Firebird Enthusiast I'm used to being short changed.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Im going to make a video about the Trans ams right now at work!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '02 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    kinda like the punk in the M3 i wasted the other day. He thought he was hot shit, with his girl in the car and started picking on me. So once we cleared out of traffic i let him have it. Although he didnt seem to bother me anymore after that, and just drew back into traffic.
    Thats the best races right there. I got a couple #'s and a ton of stares from girls whose Boyfriends got eaten alive by me lol.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Screw it im not doing it lol, i suck at it.

Black
    1998 WS6

Maybe if the TA wins "Bullrun" it will help bring the car back into the public eye a little.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I get kids all the time with cars that arent even worth racing thinking they can take me. Im like why do you want to race me, they all say cause the T/A is overrated, then i rape them and say still think so. None of them belive my car is near stock when i beat them hard. I beat some kid in a supra by 3 cars he said nice supercharger he claimed he heard a whine. I have jsut headers and exhaust maybe my car is breaking if people are hearing whines lol.

I even had this kid with a evo telling me how he can smoke me i took him by 1 to 2 car lengths, funny thing is he kept telling me that his little 2.4liter turbo could take me i was like your car has a 2.0 liter. So he popped the hood i was right lol he doesnt even know his engine.

Silver
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I get kids all the time with cars that arent even worth racing thinking they can take me. Im like why do you want to race me, they all say cause the T/A is overrated, then i rape them and say still think so. None of them belive my car is near stock when i beat them hard. I beat some kid in a supra by 3 cars he said nice supercharger he claimed he heard a whine. I have jsut headers and exhaust maybe my car is breaking if people are hearing whines lol.

I even had this kid with a evo telling me how he can smoke me i took him by 1 to 2 car lengths, funny thing is he kept telling me that his little 2.4liter turbo could take me i was like your car has a 2.0 liter. So he popped the hood i was right lol he doesnt even know his engine.
    everyone thinks they are overrated until they get in and are like HOLY S**T!!! Thats the best part

Thread Information