Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Happy Effin Birthday to me...

This is a discussion on Happy Effin Birthday to me... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; seems to be an unusual amount of t/a loss goin around recently.....i ran my vette up on a curb this ...

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

seems to be an unusual amount of t/a loss goin around recently.....i ran my vette up on a curb this morning don 40mph....hydroplaned....damn this rain.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Irish car bomb

Back in my FDNY days we would line em up and knock em down all night. the car bomb was a department favorite.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

So the insurance called today asked some questions, i told them how it happened and looks like they are going to fix it and they're gonna go check it out on monday. Hopefully it all goes good wish me luck guys!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Good luck man. Seriously sorry to hear about that, birthday or not... it sucks when you hurt the car. Hope it all works out for you.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Thanks Hi-po

So would it be better if they totaled it and gave me money for it and i bought it back and fixed myself or if they fix it for me?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If they consider it totaled, you can buy it back pretty inexpensively. If you have the know-how to fix it yourself, or know someone who does work like that I would highly suggest doing it yourself.

2011 Prius

How did you manage that? Texting?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    How did you manage that? Texting?
    Nope, I wasnt txting, I wasnt speeding. I was just dozed off idk wtf i was thinking I remember seeing the truck in front of me brake and then i just dozed off and when i came back to reality, FUCK! and it was too late. The crash happened at about 30mph i was barely shifting to third.

The body shop dude told me he would probably fight the insurance to total it and pay me for it cause it would be better and i would get money so i wanted to see if that was true i mean either way she's getting fixed.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Nope, I wasnt txting, I wasnt speeding. I was just dozed off idk wtf i was thinking I remember seeing the truck in front of me brake and then i just dozed off and when i came back to reality, FUCK! and it was too late. The crash happened at about 30mph i was barely shifting to third.

The body shop dude told me he would probably fight the insurance to total it and pay me for it cause it would be better and i would get money so i wanted to see if that was true i mean either way she's getting fixed.
    Insurance company will consider the car totaled if the total damage amount exceeds a certain % of what the total value of the car is estimated at.

If they consider it totaled, you will get what the car is valued at (by them) and then they will offer to sell it back to you for a really low price. Not sure how they calculate their selling but probably a %.

That's how State Farm used to do it. Pretty sure most ins. companies do it the same way.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Insurance company will consider the car totaled if the total damage amount exceeds a certain % of what the total value of the car is estimated at.

If they consider it totaled, you will get what the car is valued at (by them) and then they will offer to sell it back to you for a really low price. Not sure how they calculate their selling but probably a %.

That's how State Farm used to do it. Pretty sure most ins. companies do it the same way.
    Hey my insurance is State Farm! So that's great info, thanks!

Black
    1999 Trans Am

speaking from exp. it just happened to me a few weeks ago. i got it totaled and got a ls1 for cheap. then again mine was just the v6 firebird with i think 82k miles but here u should find alot of the info u need to know

Keep extra eye on ur firebirds pics inside =(

BTW:Also had State Farm

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

UPDATE!!

So the insurance finally called and as predicted they totalled my car. They gave me these two options.

1. They valued my car at $13,500 and minus the $500 deductible. I would get $13,000.

2. I keep my car and buy it back from them for about $1,100 and i get to keep $11,970

So im gonna keep my baby!! The body shop told me they could fix it and it would be for about 4-5k so i get to keep about 6k and i could just give 3k to my loan for the car and spend 3k in mods

And if the body shop cant fix it then i still have a ls1 with a m6 with 71k miles that i could swap into my 98 along with seats and all the interior and i still have 11k to do something with maybe find another one?

I've tried looking for other low miles ws.6's but they just dont come up here

So what do you guys think?

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

UPDATE!!

So the insurance finally called and as predicted they totalled my car. They gave me these two options.

1. They valued my car at $13,500 and minus the $500 deductible. I would get $13,000.

2. I keep my car and buy it back from them for about $1,100 and i get to keep $11,970

So im gonna keep my baby!! The body shop told me they could fix it and it would be for about 4-5k so i get to keep about 6k and i could just give 3k to my loan for the car and spend 3k in mods

And if the body shop cant fix it then i still have a ls1 with a m6 with 71k miles that i could swap into my 98 along with seats and all the interior and i still have 11k to do something with maybe find another one?

I've tried looking for other low miles ws.6's but they just dont come up here

So what do you guys think?

get it fixed. nothin' wrong with a rebuilt car

sunset orange/ black
    two 2001 ws6 m6

sorry brother that sucks,but happy friggin birthday anyway

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Just out of curiosity how much are you going to spend to have it fixed?
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 12-16-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much are you going to spend to have it fixed?
    About $5,000 said the body shop. Going a little high and repainting all of my car.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

About $5,000 said the body shop. Going a little high and repainting all of my car.
    Ouch...personally I think after spending all of that and then selling the car again your going to make a minimal profit. I would have parted the car out myself, but hey your car your choice. Post some before and after pics!

black
    1999 pontiac trans am

Sucks dude. Good body shop can get all that straightened out though. Glad you weren't hurt. Happy Birthday.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Ouch...personally I think after spending all of that and then selling the car again your going to make a minimal profit. I would have parted the car out myself, but hey your car your choice. Post some before and after pics!
    I'm not going to sell the car, I'm keeping it. The car needed to get fixed anyways in that same corner cause it was hit before there by the previous owner and i got the car for $8k with 57k miles so its like the insrunace is painting it for me and giving me $12k to do it myself.... so profit or no?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Progress pics... Kinda scared me a bit when i saw it like this

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information