Results 1 to 9 of 9

Happy dyno day to me

This is a discussion on Happy dyno day to me within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey guys, I just came back from my baseline dyno run yesterday and I have such good news I have ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326

    Happy dyno day to me

    Hey guys, I just came back from my baseline dyno run yesterday and I have such good news I have to share.

    All stock, 91 octane gas, Dirty air filter, and ORIGINAL stock (8 year old) spark plug wires and shitty factory plugs I pulled 304.3HP and 324.3ft/lbs torque. (On a Dynojet)

    Maybe not the highest ever, but my baby is no dog!

  2. #2
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    what car?

  3. #3
    Junior Member Fox Body's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    1st place
    Age
    30
    Posts
    64

    primer grey
    1990 fox mustang gt

    6 speed?

  4. #4
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Not bad for stock man! What year and what trans?

    I had a dyno day this weekend too! Got it tuned.

    Major mods are Lid, Long Tubes with ORY, electronic cuout and GMMG clone chambered mufflers.

    Bottom is untuned, top is cutout closed and middle is final with it open.




  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326
    Its an 02 WS6 Trans Am with an automatic trans....I can't wait to see what she pulls with mods.
    I think I'd have picked up a decent gain just from having good plugs and wires, those stock platinum plugs are surely toast by now and the guy running the dyno said I NEED new wires. lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    Its an 02 WS6 Trans Am with an automatic trans....I can't wait to see what she pulls with mods.
    I think I'd have picked up a decent gain just from having good plugs and wires, those stock platinum plugs are surely toast by now and the guy running the dyno said I NEED new wires. lol
    Nice, my 6 speed 2000 stock pulled 317whp(dynojet), sounds like the engine is as stout as mine but that a4 stole a little more

  7. #7
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    Its an 02 WS6 Trans Am with an automatic trans....I can't wait to see what she pulls with mods.
    I think I'd have picked up a decent gain just from having good plugs and wires, those stock platinum plugs are surely toast by now and the guy running the dyno said I NEED new wires. lol
    I hear ya. Change them when you do long tubes. Thats pretty much the best time to do it and its a lot easier to change them after the LTs too.

    I went with NGK TR-55 plugs and MSD wires. You can find them as a combo deal from a few different places.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I went with NGK TR-55 plugs and MSD wires. You can find them as a combo deal from a few different places.
    We must have been thinking alike on that one. I already picked up some 8.5mm MSD wires and those same plugs. The factory gaps measured out at about 0.058 if I remember right, which I was told is a little much.
    But I've got the gaps set at roughly 0.054 - 0.056 now. My gap tool doesn't inspire 100% confidence, but they're in the range.

  9. #9
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepidman View Post
    We must have been thinking alike on that one. I already picked up some 8.5mm MSD wires and those same plugs. The factory gaps measured out at about 0.058 if I remember right, which I was told is a little much.
    But I've got the gaps set at roughly 0.054 - 0.056 now. My gap tool doesn't inspire 100% confidence, but they're in the range.
    I checked the gap on them but left them. Havnt had any issues with them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Chassis-Dyno Tuning - Dyno-Mite!
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum GTO
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 03:30 PM
  2. Dyno Comparison Gtech, Mustange Dyno & Iphone
    By karpetcm in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 11:44 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 02:31 PM
  4. Dynojet dyno,Mustang dyno??
    By speedydog in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 05:57 AM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 09:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •