Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

had anyone done the h4 conversion for their headlights?

This is a discussion on had anyone done the h4 conversion for their headlights? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ive been looking at all these universal 4x6 h4 conversion kits for the headlights and i know id have to ...

  1. #1
    sell out Mustang Killa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tempe AZ
    Age
    32
    Posts
    432

    Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

    had anyone done the h4 conversion for their headlights?

    ive been looking at all these universal 4x6 h4 conversion kits for the headlights and i know id have to buy the h4 female harness and do some wiring myself but i think the only obstacle that would be an issue is the bulb its self...its a hi/low bulb...so this detail has stumped me i would love to be able to buy bulbs and quit buying the H4703 housing, and i dont really wanna do an HID kit...input anyone?


  2. #2
    Even Bandit Is Jealous mpunklil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Juan Capistrano, CA
    Posts
    237

    Black
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V

    hmmmm...tell me more, maybe some pix? im interested in the HID kit as well...anything different from what there is right now, stock lights suckkk

  3. #3
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    the 'kit' he's talking about is merely an empty plastic housing that uses the replacement bulb inserts rather than the entire sealed beam glass unit. As far as low/high beam goes, personally i'd wire those babies up so BOTH lights on each side run their low filament on lowbeam, and both run their highbeam filament on high, that would make for a heck of a lot better lighting at night.

  4. #4
    sell out Mustang Killa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tempe AZ
    Age
    32
    Posts
    432

    Black
    2010 Black Camaro 2SS

    yea thats actually a good idea, ULTRA f'n bright...especially with some after mkt bulbs in em

  5. #5
    Member blackls1ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    kittanning,pa
    Age
    41
    Posts
    516

    black
    2000 ws.6 m6

    eurolights.com

  6. #6
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
    yea thats actually a good idea, ULTRA f'n bright...especially with some after mkt bulbs in em
    Heck yea man. There's a company out there that sells a relay/wiring kit to do that to just about any vehicle out there with stock lighting. They originally only did it for GM Trucks that had separate glass bulbs for high/low lighting. Buy their kit and when you're on low beam, only the lows are lit, but hit highbeam and both high/low are lit. Makes a hell of a difference after dark. And now they make the kit for just about anything, even my ranger truck. Runs like one or two hundred bucks (of course with some simple wiring it'd be easy as heck to do) but either way, it's out there.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Kalepsis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    65

    Silver
    98 A4 TA

    If you can find some lens housings that will accept an aftermarket bulb, there's an ebay store that sells the bulb/ballast/wiring conversion kit for 140 shipped or less, in any size, any color temperature. You'll need 2 kits for all 4 lights, and if you get one hi and one low-beam, it'll cost less than 150 (in H4 bulb size). And they've got a 1-year warranty on all the parts. I've been using a 10,000K H3 bulb kit in my low beams that I got from them for $90 shipped, and it's been good for a long time.

    http://search.stores.ebay.com/justpl...iQ2floQQsofpZ0

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    238

    Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    the 'kit' he's talking about is merely an empty plastic housing that uses the replacement bulb inserts rather than the entire sealed beam glass unit. As far as low/high beam goes, personally i'd wire those babies up so BOTH lights on each side run their low filament on lowbeam, and both run their highbeam filament on high, that would make for a heck of a lot better lighting at night.
    how could i do this? is their a sealed beam unit that would fit our cars that has both High and low filaments inside?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    238

    Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalepsis View Post
    If you can find some lens housings that will accept an aftermarket bulb, there's an ebay store that sells the bulb/ballast/wiring conversion kit for 140 shipped or less, in any size, any color temperature. You'll need 2 kits for all 4 lights, and if you get one hi and one low-beam, it'll cost less than 150 (in H4 bulb size). And they've got a 1-year warranty on all the parts. I've been using a 10,000K H3 bulb kit in my low beams that I got from them for $90 shipped, and it's been good for a long time.

    http://search.stores.ebay.com/justpl...iQ2floQQsofpZ0
    do you know exactly what kit i would need? all i see are hi/lo bulbs and nothing else

  10. #10
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by '00T/A View Post
    how could i do this? is their a sealed beam unit that would fit our cars that has both High and low filaments inside?
    The kit he's talking about replaces your stock glass sealed beam lights with new, empty plastic housings that have the opening in the back where you provide the headlight bulbs. Just buy bulbs with both high and low beam filaments, and the necessary wiring.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    238

    Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    The kit he's talking about replaces your stock glass sealed beam lights with new, empty plastic housings that have the opening in the back where you provide the headlight bulbs. Just buy bulbs with both high and low beam filaments, and the necessary wiring.
    where can i find these housings? do you know of the company?

  12. #12
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Here's one that doesn't fit the LS1 cars, but it'll give you an idea about what I'm talking about.

    Projector Style

    Halo Style

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    238

    Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Here's one that doesn't fit the LS1 cars, but it'll give you an idea about what I'm talking about.

    Projector Style

    Halo Style
    cool, do you know of any that will fit the ls1? or are these lights intended to be adapted to our setup?

  14. #14
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    All they are is an empty housing for a twist-in bulb. You'd have to come up with wiring on your own I think. Its not any kind of bolt in kit, just a universal (standard 4x6 or 6x7 etc) size housing and a raw plug for whichever brand of H4 Bulb you want to use. I believe the wiring may even already be plug-n-play, I honestly have no clue. Either way, splicing into the wires wouldn't be all that difficult.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    238

    Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    what about sylvania silverstars? would you say thier worth buying? untill i figure this thing out?

  16. #16
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by '00T/A View Post
    what about sylvania silverstars? would you say thier worth buying? untill i figure this thing out?

    I have them in my car and my truck. My mom runs them in her car, and as soon as my work van or my dads truck blow a bulb, they'll be going in them too. I've had them in nearly every vehicle I've owned. I also read on here other peoples opinions confirming mine, they are about the best drop-in replacement out there.

  17. #17
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Silverstars are great
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

  18. #18
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    what size is our housing? 4 by 6 ?20 bucks + 99 for the harness is pretty cheap !

  19. #19
    Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Millerton, PA
    Posts
    5,144

    2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

    Quote Originally Posted by eddielb View Post
    what size is our housing? 4 by 6 ?20 bucks + 99 for the harness is pretty cheap !

    well, 20$ x 4, and then this 99$ harness you speak of, and then you need to buy bulbs and if you're going to do that you might as well go for best of the best and get silverstar ultras, so theres another 40-50 bucks per PAIR so you're lookin at roughly 300 bucks probably by the time its all said and done. Pretty expensive mod when it boils right down to it.

  20. #20
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san diego
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,632

    black
    01 ws6

    no the harness conversion is 99 w/ HID bulbs of whatever color you want and you dont need to do the high beams, i rarely use them anyways
    so 20$ + 99 = 120 for whatever color HID u want

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: 94 camaro headlights conversion.
    By snakejcz28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 11:04 AM
  2. Don't Flash Headlights At Any Car With No Headlights On!!
    By Danger731 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
  3. FS: T56 conversion for LS1
    By 1badchicken in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 02:30 PM
  4. Conversion to Ram Air
    By 2001bird in forum External Engine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2006, 09:58 PM
  5. conversion headlights?
    By joker in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 06:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •