Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

GTO vs. WS6

This is a discussion on GTO vs. WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Well all I can say is as far as cornering, all it takes is a "few" suspension peices and these ...

2001 T/A Firehawk

Well all I can say is as far as cornering, all it takes is a "few" suspension peices and these fbodys can handle really nice for road racing etc. Also, with very few mods (like the goat) they can be turned in to outright beast, plain and simple. The WS6 looks about as bad ass as you can get, and it's soon to be quite a hot item due to lack of availability and also due to great potential. They are getting older now and after so many being wrote off and/ or garage queens, people are starting to snatch up Trans Ams whenever they can. Not as easy to find already, and it's not going to get any easier. If you have one, build on it or replace it with one that will last you awhile. I suspect GTOs will still be hot items too, but nothing like a WS6. Seems eveyone wants a WS6, even though a normal T/A would suffice. No one can argue the fact that a GTO, WS6, or any c5 or newer vette is going to get a lot of attention, provide great potential, and hold it's value pretty good compared to other cars ex. must*cough*tang lol. Really depends on what you want, but for me I would go WS6, then LS2 goat, then C5. That's just me and my needs of course. You'll be happy either way though man. Good luck with your search.

Ray Charles blue

If the toughest choice is to decide between an LS1 GTO or an LS1 T/A the op has it pretty good....lol

It must be terrible to decide between these cars.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I say WS6. I looked at the GTO and i wasnt in the showroom five minutes. Looks like a Honda with too small of wheels. I get sooo many compliments on the WS6, i couldnt imagine getting that many with anything less than a monster truck. And my cheap, old WS6 will run neck and neck w a LS2 GTO all day. Or a 2010 Camaro for that matter. If I could buy another car, I would get a Charger SRT8. Family car.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    I say WS6. I looked at the GTO and i wasnt in the showroom five minutes. Looks like a Honda with too small of wheels. I get sooo many compliments on the WS6, i couldnt imagine getting that many with anything less than a monster truck. And my cheap, old WS6 will run neck and neck w a LS2 GTO all day. Or a 2010 Camaro for that matter. If I could buy another car, I would get a Charger SRT8. Family car.
    I got 10x the compliments in my stock gto than I do my heads/cam f-body. Most people have never seen a GTO so they ask questions about it. Mine was also yellow so it really stuck out in a crowd. I had people roll their windows down at stop lights and stuff like that to ask me about the car.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I got 10x the compliments in my stock gto than I do my heads/cam f-body. Most people have never seen a GTO so they ask questions about it. Mine was also yellow so it really stuck out in a crowd. I had people roll their windows down at stop lights and stuff like that to ask me about the car.
    Really? Good for you. Seriously. Nothing like being proud of what you drive. Well, maybe except for being proud of what you got waiting in your bed.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    Really? Good for you. Seriously. Nothing like being proud of what you drive. Well, maybe except for being proud of what you got waiting in your bed.
    that being said.....I sold it last week but kept the firebird. Seriously though, it was a great car that I'm going to miss a lot.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

WS6 WS6 WS6 WS6 WS6 WS6 WS6 WS6. Oh, i thought someone asked what forum this was. OP, think WS6.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that being said.....I sold it last week but kept the firebird. Seriously though, it was a great car that I'm going to miss a lot.
    I miss my 06 every time I run over a bump or have to drive more than two hours straight. It was an awesome car after some looks upgrades made it unique.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Yea guys it's really tuff trying to figure this out the gtos feel so much more solid but the looks of the ws6 kills!!!!!
    Has any of u guys either boughten or heard reviews of this place
    called camaro king LA??? I'm bout to pick up a ws6 there if I hear good things about them and their cars

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

like you i love the interior of a GTO..but..i also LOVE my TA if the choice was between an 04 GTO and a 98+ TA i would choose the TA no flame on 04's just like the sound of an ls2 with headers and xpipe:P

just my .02
    dont buy something just for a manual...i dont think that should be a deal breaker

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

I recommend the GTO. My reasoning would be part availability, car reliability, comfort and insurance cost. JMO

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    like you i love the interior of a GTO..but..i also LOVE my TA if the choice was between an 04 GTO and a 98+ TA i would choose the TA no flame on 04's just like the sound of an ls2 with headers and xpipe:P

just my .02
    dont buy something just for a manual...i dont think that should be a deal breaker
    Automatic IS a deal breaker to me and a lot of other people. The reason being is because some people like to shift and it makes me feel more in tune with the car. I dont think its bad to have an automatic if thats what you want but when you WANT an manual it is a deal breaker NOT to have one. I wouldnt buy a few corvettes, GTO's, Camaro's, and Firebirds because they were automatics. To me a spots/muscle car should be a manual. A full blow 1/4 mile car or just a cruiser is fine if an auto....

Yellow
    2004 GTO

Well I have both of them and i have to say WS6 sometime faster but the GTO drive and rides alot better me i like the GTO alot better but the WS6 you can put alot bigger tires on it

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Gtos feel a lot stronger and their engine bays are 10x bigger then the ws6s! Do gtos have stronger trannies then ws6's?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    Do gtos have stronger trannies then ws6's?
    no not really

Yellow
    2004 GTO

the 4L60E are the same 0n the 04s but the 05s and 06s have the 4L65E whichs is a better trans the most important up grade to the trans is to install a trans cooler even if you dont mod the trans you can get one for about $100 and do it your self, tap off the upper cooler line and you can get connetors so you don't cut the shock lines

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

why 2004? go for an 05 or 06 and get the 6.0

red
    1999 trans am ws6

ws6

man, id get another ws6! they're getting hard to find! in my opinion a gto is just a v8 cavalier.. thats bout all i view them as. my 1st car was a ws6 and im glad i got it.. there just a unique look on the road. look alot better than a cavalier!!

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would say go for the WS6. The GTO does have better seat for long rides, but I have no problem in my TA going a couple hours. I like the TA look better to me the GTO always looked to much like a Grand Prix. Also have to get the rear fenders rolle yo get a decent size tire on the car.
    If you do go for the GTO definatly get the 6.0 the hood scoops and exhaust look much better.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by sloner2 View Post
    man, id get another ws6! they're getting hard to find! in my opinion a gto is just a v8 cavalier.. thats bout all i view them as. my 1st car was a ws6 and im glad i got it.. there just a unique look on the road. look alot better than a cavalier!!
    A V8 Cavalier? Are you for real? lol Not ONE single part from a GTO is the same as a Cavalier or a Grand Prix. Well, I take that back there are a few but if I am not mistake they are engine parts only. If there are others I stand corrected.

If you want to compare GM vehicles take a look at some years tail lights from the Sunfire. They are VERY close to the WS6. Does that mean they look like one another and that you should compare them? In one word the answer is no. A V6 Mustang being mistaken for a GT version is understandable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information