Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: GTO vs. WS6

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

GTO vs. WS6

Okk guys so I'm about to get a new car in a month and it's between a 2004 gto m6 and a ws6 preferably 02 I am lost cuz I love the look of the ws6's but love the interior of a gto but don't really feel the outside much. I currently have a 98 trans am and love her to death. So all my true ls1 family members help me out and show me the pros and cons of a gto vs ws6 and help me decide!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_lS1 View Post
    Okk guys so I'm about to get a new car in a month and it's between a 2004 gto m6 and a ws6 preferably 02 I am lost cuz I love the look of the ws6's but love the interior of a gto but don't really feel the outside much. I currently have a 98 trans am and love her to death. So all my true ls1 family members help me out and show me the pros and cons of a gto vs ws6 and help me decide!!!!!!
    Just keep your 98 trans am.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Naaw man I got a 188,000 miles and it's still BEAUITIFUL but its auto =( and my DD so no stroker engine for me! Haha

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

but its auto =(
    I don't see the problem.

BLACK
    1998 BIRD T/A CONVERT

well you love how the TA looks and only like the interior of the gto... i say go with the WS6
    maybe trow some GTO seats in the WS6 and your dreams come true LOL

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Well I guess the only thing is I'm 18 it was my first car and I'm having that bug for an m6!!! =O

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Well take it from an old man.

Stay outta debt if at all possible.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

I'd say go with the cheaper car and use the extra cash for mods

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I own both, 2000 WS-6 and 2006 GTO, and love them equally so I am not sure what to tell you.

Scott

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    I'd say go with the cheaper car and use the extra cash for mods
    around here, the gto's are goin for less money than a ws6.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I miss my 06 GTO every day. Less rattles, creaks, better ride quality, Just a nicer car all around. I love my WS6, but I should have sold it instead of the GTO.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    I miss my 06 GTO every day. Less rattles, creaks, better ride quality, Just a nicer car all around. I love my WS6, but I should have sold it instead of the GTO.
    blasphemy!!! haha just kiddin man...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Both great cars. Hard to say. Take them both for rides and then bite the bullet and decide. Love the ws6s myself, but it's gonna be your car. Like already posted, put the GTO seats in the ws6 if thats all your really like about GTOs. Let us know what you do.
    It's not how fast you can go. It's how fast you can get there.

Follow us at www.facebook.com/RGCustoms

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Since you already have a 98 T/A, I'd go with the GTO and keep the T/A. You will then have both and can drive both. I have a 98' T/A myself, I was stuck on looking at Firehawks or WS6's. I took the stock T/A because the Firehawk deal I was working on fell through and I had a couple of members her educated me on WS6 vs Stock vs Modding. Because I had planned on heavy modding the T/A it was a wiser investment to get a bone stock one because I was replacing most of everything that makes a WS6 a WS6.

I'm thinking of getting a GTO for my son so I can play with it too . My wife thinks the GTO is the same as every other car on the road (V6 ) meaning it doesn't have much balls. But I also haven't corrected her, because I want to have a shot at getting my son a cool car, otherwise if "Mom" finds out before I get it she'll nix it because she doesn't want him to have something as powerful as my T/A. So for now I'll let her keep thinking it's a V6 - sorry makes me chuckle typing that. But on the perverse side of things "Mom" say's it's ok for me to get him a 2nd Gen Camaro? At least she's down with him getting something that's cool.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 03-01-2010 at 07:41 AM.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

Haha no seats in the gto. But yes I will give em both a drive. The biggest thing I really love about the gto's is the engine bay!!! I could do a heade job in like a day!!! I put lt's on my trans am I got right now and it's a pain in the ass!! Haha and then I'm also worried about the ride quality of a ws6 vs gto cuz my trans am squeaks and just isn't the smoothest ride I'd like to obtain..... Keep hittin me with the input guys!!!!!!!! =D

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Haha no seats in the gto. But yes I will give em both a drive. The biggest thing I really love about the gto's is the engine bay!!! I could do a heade job in like a day!!! I put lt's on my trans am I got right now and it's a pain in the ass!! Haha and then I'm also worried about the ride quality of a ws6 vs gto cuz my trans am squeaks and just isn't the smoothest ride I'd like to obtain..... Keep hittin me with the input guys!!!!!!!! =D
    I just installed UMI SFC's and TSB and it has eliminated a lot of the noise and has helped tighten up the suspension.

Yellow
    02 CETA#732

I really like the idea from SMWS6TA of keeping the '98 and adding a GTO, seems like a win-win idea.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Both great cars. Hard to say. Take them both for rides and then bite the bullet and decide. Love the ws6s myself, but it's gonna be your car. Like already posted, put the GTO seats in the ws6 if thats all your really like about GTOs. Let us know what you do.
    Its not just the seats that make the GTO a better car quality wise. Materials, interior styling, assembly, IRS for smooth ride. The interior is better in everyway and doesnt have the cheap looking, rattletastic qualities of the f-body. For DD the GTO is better, looks are personal preference.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's really your decision and I would probably base it off of what you want the car for. I love my f-body and it's a fun car to drive but if I were picking only one and it was going to be a DD then it would be the GTO. Just more comfortable and much nicer on the inside. It also has functioning back seats. If it's more of a play car or just something to have fun in then it would be the f-body.

T/A=LOTS of Vagina =X

Dark Blue
    98 Trans Am =]

I really think the gto will look bad ass once I put the 05-06 hood on it cuz it looks plain on the outside but in person is a nice car..so what's the difference build wise in a gto and a ws6?? Suspension rear end etc??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information