Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

The Green Hell

This is a discussion on The Green Hell within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; cool, just checkin. lol well i went ahead and ordered some anyhow. only $100 for some extra security so i ...

Red
    98 Trans Am

cool, just checkin.

lol well i went ahead and ordered some anyhow. only $100 for some extra security so i figured why not.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

next topic while im waiting around lol
    Alright, fluids?
    So far DOT4 brakw fluids ive gathered. Does it matter which brand or just some store bought shoud be good?

Ive been running Royal Purple in my Tranny after a Fluid exchange last year before coming to germany. When i Do my TC and filter switch ill keep the royal purple in there.

For Engine oil, Mobil 10w30 when i race should be good right? I run mobil 5w30 regularly and a good filter with a filter mag on it.

Rear end has pretty fresh synthetic castrol fluid with posi additive.

WHat kind of power steering fluid should i run. Oh and a cooler i guess since i dont have one. probably a good idea to get one. Not that top radiator hose one though.

Is a engine oil cooler neccesary? ive seen those sandwich style ones that look easy enough. The ones that go between the block and the oil filter and runn a line out somewhere to a cooler and back.

anything else i forgot?

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    next topic while im waiting around lol
    Alright, fluids?
    So far DOT4 brakw fluids ive gathered. Does it matter which brand or just some store bought shoud be good?

Ive been running Royal Purple in my Tranny after a Fluid exchange last year before coming to germany. When i Do my TC and filter switch ill keep the royal purple in there.

For Engine oil, Mobil 10w30 when i race should be good right? I run mobil 5w30 regularly and a good filter with a filter mag on it.

Rear end has pretty fresh synthetic castrol fluid with posi additive.

WHat kind of power steering fluid should i run. Oh and a cooler i guess since i dont have one. probably a good idea to get one. Not that top radiator hose one though.

Is a engine oil cooler neccesary? ive seen those sandwich style ones that look easy enough. The ones that go between the block and the oil filter and runn a line out somewhere to a cooler and back.

anything else i forgot?
    IB4 Sarg trash talks royal purple!!

And how much longer before you actually go and run the green hell lol I have been waiting on seeing this forever!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    IB4 Sarg trash talks royal purple!!

And how much longer before you actually go and run the green hell lol I have been waiting on seeing this forever!!
    lol yeah, ive read Mostly on the Engine oil side of the house. Not sure of his take on the ATF but so far my tranny likes it. runs just fine.

April/may is when its on! July at the latest. Got alot of amry stuff comgin up in the middle the year.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

lol yeah, ive read Mostly on the Engine oil side of the house. Not sure of his take on the ATF but so far my tranny likes it. runs just fine.

April/may is when its on! July at the latest. Got alot of amry stuff comgin up in the middle the year.
    Yea I haven't heard anything about the tranny fluid either lol, and I have AT in May gotta goto Iowa, and next drill I am one of 5 people that volunteered to go test all the company's 249's at bragg. Can't wait till this contract is up next april it's either going active duty or getting out.

Do you know a major tielking he is stationed over their he was one of the major's I did PSD for!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

CAnt say i do. sorry. YEah the reserves/national G are ok for about a year, then you realize that its laced with old school crusty soldiers that havnt been anwhere since the civil war and are stuck in the old way and cant get anything done lol

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

CAnt say i do. sorry. YEah the reserves/national G are ok for about a year, then you realize that its laced with old school crusty soldiers that havnt been anwhere since the civil war and are stuck in the old way and cant get anything done lol
    I have been in for almost 5 years now, and just got back from a deployment to baghdad in 09. Most of them don't know how to do room clearing I had to teach a bunch of e-6 and up how to before we deployed I thought it was hilarious. But for the most part the guys I was with on my PSD team was very knowledgable most are swat/snipers, and our PS was a preacher who has one of the biggest gun collections I have ever heard of lol.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

When looking at brake fluid compare the wet boiling points. Since brake fluid is hydrophilic that will be your best bet to see which will handle the temps better. Also to do a complete flush you need to use a scanner that can open the abs while you do a flush. Old fluid will remain in the abs block otherwise.

A power steering cooler is a good idea, my pump whines after just a few minutes of standing on it. Can't recommend a fluid though I just got the a/c delco stuff.

Red
    98 Trans Am

oh yeah i forgot about the ABS thing. will any scanner that can test components do or is there a specific scanner that has to be used?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You would have to look at its features.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    You would have to look at its features.
    ok, will do when i redo the brake lines and fluids.

also did some research and i guess my Koni setup is a 4/4 then lol got mine for about 200 less almost new so i did alight then.

Red
    98 Trans Am

heres what ive been using for stuying
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mEirkQN8o[/ame]

No i wont be aiming for under 7.30 but a good 10-15min time should suffice for me

Red
    98 Trans Am

80mm throttle body is in. pretty easy install. took like an hour. Came with everything to including a new throttle cable bracket for you 2000+ cars. Was kinda scared are first but casue the car was fluctiating a bit i forgot the PCM needs to learn the new incoming air. AND JESUS! I now know why people get rid of the EGR/AIR stuff. That EGR tube id ALL in the way

Should give it alittle better throttle reponse. CAnt say yet, havnt had a chance to fully test it out yet. Been letting the PCM learn since the giant hole in the old throttle blade is non existant in the new TB.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Add an LS6 intake on the way now

ug.. and EGR/AIR blockoffs. Guess i got room for my oil catch can now lol
    go the ls6 coolant pipe and rear blocks too.

ANd since i hav eto remove it ANYWAY went ahead and got a cheap 145amp alternator to do the truck alternator mod. Power fluctuates so sinc ei gotta take it outta there when i do the Kmember and motor mounts, might as well.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-14-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Trans temp gauge adaptor and B&M Tranny cooler got in the mail today Waiting on 3 little ARP torque converter bolts and can do the Torque converter install. that and my UMI trans mount
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-15-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

C5 rotors, russel brake lines, Upper Balljoints, Poly motor mounts, hidden antenna, and FRONT KONI SHOCKS!!! came in the mail today

add a ls6 valley cover w/PCV vent on the way.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-16-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright so while im gonna be under there,
    for the LS6 intake swap;
    LS6 intake (duh)
    Ls6 Cooolant crossover tube and rear blocks
    EGR/AIR blockoff plates
    Ls6 valley cover

Anything else i need?

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Might as well do your knock sensors

Red
    98 Trans Am

SO do I need a new Knock sensor harness and sensors since i have a 98 or just sensors?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Going to take you less than half the time to get back in there if they ever go bad.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information