Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314 LastLast

The Green Hell

This is a discussion on The Green Hell within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Have you looked into doing anything like a procharger or magnacharger or something like that?...

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Have you looked into doing anything like a procharger or magnacharger or something like that?

Red
    98 Trans Am

I did, but im going with a custom rear mount turbo setup. Making my own. Ive got an intercooler to start with lol. trying to find the right Turbo right now. It wont happen anytime soon, but hopfully, by the end of the year or beginning of next year ill get it going. I thought about a maggy, but just cant fond one for a desent price. Prochargers are pretty cool too. I just really like the sound of the turbo, especialy in rear mount form.

Right now the car is pretty much completed minus a few twiks here or there.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alrigth since i have to work around work and family ive had to push the dates alittle but hard dates now and im gonna book my tickets for the 4day weekend of the memorial Day weekend the 28th of May. Ill pay initialy for 4 laps for 89euro. I might run a few more if i feel up to it. Im gonna hang out there for the weekend. The the time line that i think im gonna go with. ANyone ready for that let me know. I figure thats a good time to go for most of us americans since most of us will be off anyhow. For you german and other country folk, hope you guys can make it.
    ANybody in, give me a ring so i can start getting a list together. I got some Mustang guys interested to go too so it might be interesting. THeres a Mighty Mustang forum that a few guys are apart of. OH! which reminds me. How do i go about getting LS1.com Stickers? I dont usually do stickers but for the forum that ive learned lots from, it would be one of the few stickers id advertise from. THat and a Nurburgring sticker
    So for a recap.

Operation: RING RUN
    Memorial Day weekend
    Nurburgring
    Friday May 27 travel day/possible cruise Bamberg to Nurburg
    Saturday May 28 1730-1900
    Sunday May 29 0800-1900
    Tourist Rides Nordschleife
    24 euro a lap

EMERGENCY NUMBER: 0800 0302 112 (international #)
    Please store the emergency number for the Nordschleife in your cell phone:
    The Nordschleife can be immediately blocked at any time owing to unforeseeable circumstances (eg. accident, weather, road surface, etc.). This will allow the move of the opening hours, if necessary, or it may be a wait.

PM me for the link to order tickets online if you cant find it yourself. You can call to order or showup there and buy the day you get there too.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    I did, but im going with a custom rear mount turbo setup. Making my own. Ive got an intercooler to start with lol. trying to find the right Turbo right now. It wont happen anytime soon, but hopfully, by the end of the year or beginning of next year ill get it going. I thought about a maggy, but just cant fond one for a desent price. Prochargers are pretty cool too. I just really like the sound of the turbo, especialy in rear mount form.

Right now the car is pretty much completed minus a few twiks here or there.
    Rear mount turbo? I'm not sure how well that would go. I mean, with how much the car would be bouncing around, the last place I would want to have a crucial part of my engine setup would be the closest to the road. Especially if you're getting an STS turbo. I've heard some of the worst reviews about those things. I would stay away from a rear mount turbo setup. That's just my opinion though. And turbos sound cool and all, but I think the maggie just sounds so much better. Here's a good vid of one in a T/A.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IibWsQfr1cI&feature=related[/ame]

Alrigth since i have to work around work and family ive had to push the dates alittle but hard dates now and im gonna book my tickets for the 4day weekend of the memorial Day weekend the 28th of May. Ill pay initialy for 4 laps for 89euro. I might run a few more if i feel up to it. Im gonna hang out there for the weekend. The the time line that i think im gonna go with. ANyone ready for that let me know. I figure thats a good time to go for most of us americans since most of us will be off anyhow. For you german and other country folk, hope you guys can make it.
    ANybody in, give me a ring so i can start getting a list together. I got some Mustang guys interested to go too so it might be interesting. THeres a Mighty Mustang forum that a few guys are apart of. OH! which reminds me. How do i go about getting LS1.com Stickers? I dont usually do stickers but for the forum that ive learned lots from, it would be one of the few stickers id advertise from. THat and a Nurburgring sticker
    So for a recap.

Operation: RING RUN
    Memorial Day weekend
    Nurburgring
    Friday May 27 travel day/possible cruise Bamberg to Nurburg
    Saturday May 28 1730-1900
    Sunday May 29 0800-1900
    Tourist Rides Nordschleife
    24 euro a lap

EMERGENCY NUMBER: 0800 0302 112 (international #)
    Please store the emergency number for the Nordschleife in your cell phone:
    The Nordschleife can be immediately blocked at any time owing to unforeseeable circumstances (eg. accident, weather, road surface, etc.). This will allow the move of the opening hours, if necessary, or it may be a wait.

PM me for the link to order tickets online if you cant find it yourself. You can call to order or showup there and buy the day you get there too.
    Damn man. I wish I could join you. But I would hate to see how much money it would cost to not only take a trip over there and back, but to ship my car over and back. Maybe if I won the lottery...............

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol yeah, im mostly refering to people that are either servicemembers stationed in germany, american civilians, or our non american forum friends. But if u have the money to come out here and do that by all means all are welcome.
    As for rear turbo, some have had really good succsess with them. Just got to do the homework and planning. I would love the maggy but i dont like or have the up fromt maggy cash lol. A turbo build i can piece together without digging myself in a finacial hole.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Come on end of May my car is really starting to wake up with all the new parts. THe stall really woke up the car. THe suspention is so much tighter now, its just awsome.
    Definatly need to get my cosmetic stuff straighten out now lol stupid hood lol
    Hope we get a few members out there to run the ring.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Well its not installed lol but it will eventually be used at the track one day. I figure i get a base line with my current setup and then install this thing in there afterwards.
    heres the new shiney for the house
    T70 with .84 AR twin scroll.

Red
    98 Trans Am

ALright, so while i wait, other then what im already working on (turbo system) any other little things i can do to the car to help it better perform? I was talking to one guy abuot fuel cooling but I thought that might be a little over kill but sounds like an intersting idea as well.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Methanol injection?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Forgive me if I have repeated myself
    brake cooling ducts
    oil cooler

Red
    98 Trans Am

good call. I was looking into that bfore but side tracked with other things. Brake ducts that dont look out of place.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i'm jealous!!!

Red
    98 Trans Am

freakin mother nature needs to make up its mind lol
    well so far looks like im may not be making this comign up weekend either since my babys due date has come and gone and now looks like it may be due this coming weekend. SOO i still gotta wait. So much crap going on at home and work and everytime i make plans it goes staight to hell lol oh well.
    So far looks like somtime in june or July. Still going to racewars though in july too. at least thats the plan lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

freakin mother nature needs to make up its mind lol
    well so far looks like im may not be making this comign up weekend either since my babys due date has come and gone and now looks like it may be due this coming weekend. SOO i still gotta wait. So much crap going on at home and work and everytime i make plans it goes staight to hell lol oh well.
    So far looks like somtime in june or July. Still going to racewars though in july too. at least thats the plan lol
    nice... did you get a cideo camera for the race???

Red
    98 Trans Am

WEll finally getting some normal routine back to life after the new baby
    Baby girl finally came 25 may. Been busy helping mama get back to her feet and all, so the birdys been put on DD status but still looking to go to the ring some time here soon. Looking at about the same time July race wars is. Take a trip there and then go to the ring as well. Since its out in the middle of no where anyway lol

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Congrats on the new baby girl!!

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

I was stationed in germany for 3 years, (Hohenfels) and I went to the ring once, its not to expensive but if you want to race your car on it I recommend taking one of the high speed taxi's first to get a feel for it. Its a tough track and will be tougher considering that parts for your car are going to be few and far between, considering you would have to make the 3 hour or so drive back to bamburg. The track being on the other side of frankfurt (not to be mistaken with the city of nurnburg which your closer to).

Its always open to the public, but on a rare occasion they shut it down for manufacturer testing.

Hope this helps!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I don't know how common this is but after hard driving my abs goes inop, I have to wait and shut the car off to enable the abs again. Going through turns balls out and suddenly locking the tires is an enlightening experience. Just something else to keep in the back of your mind

Red
    98 Trans Am

SPeaking of the ABS light, i noticed mine came on after i got my car off the dyno. I went out after alittle while. I was parked most of the day after words so i didnt really need it anyway.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Probably because the rear wheels were spinning and the fronts weren't on the dyno. The ABS computer freaked out and didn't know what was up. But once you started driving on the road again, the computer figured out everything was ok.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314 LastLast

Thread Information