Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

The Green Hell

This is a discussion on The Green Hell within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; holy hell i wish i had the resources to do ALL this to my car. It must handle like heaven ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

holy hell i wish i had the resources to do ALL this to my car. It must handle like heaven on 4 wheels.

I'm all kinds of jelly right now.

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol thanks
    I didnt just do all of it at once but alot of it happend over this past year but this install has been a slow process starting from about 2008 after i got back from Korea then when i bought my car in 2006 then got sent to Korea right after i got it lol. But yes the car now handles beautifully

Red
    98 Trans Am

heres the new swaybars installed
    BMR 35mm front , 25mm rear

Red
    98 Trans Am

Guess who installed a Torque converter today!? and let me tell you... it was a painful experience. Im not even sure i want to write a how to on it now. Those two top trans bolts... yeah they have new names and they arnt nice ones either.
    AND so, got the 3200 Stall in, trans sensor (still got to wire it in), ARP TC bolts, Trans mount, B&M Trans Cooler, and fresh fluids topping it off
    I was moving too fast new the end and forgot to install the DS loop lol it wasnt a take off and replace item so in the wake of completion it got forgotten. Oh well, im getting really good at taking of my DS and TA lol
    I did not however install the new flexplate since the old one was still good and the fact that the 98-99s had better ones form what ive heard. Pics will follow. It took me a good day to get that thing out. If i ever had to do it again, id wait to do a intake manifold or Head/cam combo at the same time. those two bolts... PITA
    The ride home from the shop felt good. Wierd but good. Not used to feeling like im driving a stick in an auto lol Doesnt rev too much more, but i can definatly tell it revs higher then before. Take maybe just a touch more gar to get going. Gonna let it break in first before any WOT ok maybe just one lol The tune defintaly appreciated the looser stall lol no more slam shifting into gear anymore from Park or neutral.
    THe cooler was the easiest out of almost all the mods to do lol minus the mounting part, but that didnt take too long.
    The birdy is about set. just needs to break in the current pieces and i need a panhard adjustment braket.
    Now its piecing together a CTS-V brake system and getting a rear mount setup together.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Heres pics of the install for the TC

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Are all of your parts custom painted red to match your car or do they just happen to come that way when you order them?

Red
    98 Trans Am

lol THe UMI and BMR sways . THe stall was just by chance lol and I thnk ARP only does black and silver lol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Are all of your parts custom painted red to match your car or do they just happen to come that way when you order them?
    Prolly done as corrosion prevention..
    I painted the inside of one of my transaxle bell housings for that purpose..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    98 Trans Am

UMI powdercoats anyway. IT does wear off eventually though.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Alright. Its been an adventure and everything is about together. Waiting for 2 tires, a DS loop (forgot to put it on while i was installing the TA and DS), wire in trans gauge, iron out drivability with new tune and stall, and little cometict stuff.... LIKE MY STUPID DASH PAD!!!! trying to buy one now. Im also looking at getting a 6LE rear valance but it wont be in for 4 months so its not gonna be anytime soon.

Alight, anything else i should look into? any kind of little things?

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    Alright. Its been an adventure and everything is about together. Waiting for 2 tires, a DS loop (forgot to put it on while i was installing the TA and DS), wire in trans gauge, iron out drivability with new tune and stall, and little cometict stuff.... LIKE MY STUPID DASH PAD!!!! trying to buy one now. Im also looking at getting a 6LE rear valance but it wont be in for 4 months so its not gonna be anytime soon.

Alight, anything else i should look into? any kind of little things?
    That 6LE Rear Valance should look really nice. You should also look at getting some sort of roll bar and a 5 point harness.

Red
    98 Trans Am

REALLY like the rear vanlance thing, i really DONT like the 4 month wait time, plus shipping. THaqt be almost 5 months before io see anything im waiting on responce from them to see how long exactly it would take. I just dont want to shell out that kind of money for that long of a wait on a piece of fiberglass... Im still debating on getting it though. That would set off the whole exterior of the car. Im even thinking of painting the hood red so that the black stands out more as accents instead of more of the main color.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83 View Post
    REALLY like the rear vanlance thing, i really DONT like the 4 month wait time, plus shipping. THaqt be almost 5 months before io see anything im waiting on responce from them to see how long exactly it would take. I just dont want to shell out that kind of money for that long of a wait on a piece of fiberglass... Im still debating on getting it though. That would set off the whole exterior of the car. Im even thinking of painting the hood red so that the black stands out more as accents instead of more of the main color.
    Definitely paint the hood to match the car. Then you could paint the valance flat black to contrast. You could also get flat black stripes and emblems to tie it all together.l That would look pretty sick.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I would also look into a divider to help keep that nose close to the ground @ high speeds..

Just my.02

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I would also look into a divider to help keep that nose close to the ground @ high speeds..

Just my.02
    I was looking into some kind of splitter or chin spoiler. I dont want to get the fornt too low though. The car sits just low enough now.
    At 120mph (thats what i got it today. Not pushing it past that until i get properly rated tires) the cars very stable. very responsive to bumps and what not to the road. I can feel the inperfections now that are on the autobahn, like different grades of asphalt or concrete. Its really wierd having that much input now from the steering and suspention. I couldnt imagine having the watts link lol that would be a religious experious im betting

Red
    98 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    Definitely paint the hood to match the car. Then you could paint the valance flat black to contrast. You could also get flat black stripes and emblems to tie it all together.l That would look pretty sick.
    I was thinking something along those lines myself Ime either thinking some kind of strips on the hood, or the bulge parts black with the rest red. im trying to bring my car to the realm of exotic with american flare. No lambo doors, no matter how easy it would make it gettting in and out of tight german parking lots lol but ive always loved the rear diffusers on lambos and farraris. Give you something sexy to look at while your getting pasted lol... somthing that happens ALOT here in germany lol Just the day before yesterday some kind of Farari passed me, didnt get a good look at it but it was bad as. And it was red it was sexy Gotta get my car up to the 500hp range to keep up with those boys.
    Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 04-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Still trying to iron out the new tune issue but cars doing ok.
    Installed the jegsters panhard relocation braket. with the lowering of the car and panhard relocation support bar, this was needed. the panhard and supposrt bar were contacting each other on anything other then flat road.
    It looks good. It can be installed really easy with just some simple tools.
    Before

After

Geometery corrected

Red
    98 Trans Am

So the wide tires are on. ready to tear something
    295s are amazingly big At least for me lol

Red
    98 Trans Am

6LE Rear Valance with Diffuser on order Hopfully it doesnt take 4 months to get here lol ive been told otherwise but im not gonna hold my breathe lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

looking good!!! i can't wait to hopefully see video adn read about the outcome!!!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information