Got my windows tinted what do you guys think?

This is a discussion on Got my windows tinted what do you guys think? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ...

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

Got my windows tinted what do you guys think?

Yesterday I got my windows tinted at Eternal Trendz in Waldorf MD and was pretty unsatisfied. I drove my car that sees less than two thousand miles a year 40 miles one way to get to their shop. I talked to the manager and they said they had done plenty of firebirds, I mentioned that I had heard of people putting a sheet of vinyl at the top of the rear window but he assured me it would be fine without it. When I came back to pick up my car (which was spotless when I dropped it off) I found that they had gotten the solution they used to put on the tint all down the side of my car and had not even bothered to wipe it off, and it had dried on. I went straight to the rear window and guess what the top of the rear window had air bubbles. When I said something to the manager about the bubbles he sent out a guy to look at it and he said “That’s in the dot matrix there’s nothing we can do about it as it dries it will look better “I go back on Thursday for a final look over and if it’s not perfect I plan to raise hell till it is. I know my cars not a Benz BMW or Bentley like they claim they regularly see but I paid my hard earned cash just like them and I expected more than this very unsatisfied and I will not be going back to Eternal Trendz for any custom work and I suggest if you’re in the MD are you do the same.

Im thinking about useing this one for a cotm
    My camara dosent show the spots but rest assured they are on the top of rear window

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

honestly any of these three pics look good. You have no close ups of the bubbles. I agree you paid for professional install, they need to provide it.

NBM
    1999 Formula ws6

I took some but my camara dosent really show em

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Without the vinyl underlay, it will start to come off over time.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks good! I really wish we could tint here in Pennsylvania. Through the years, I have seen countless citations for aftermarket tint on cars.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Looks good man.
    Tint shops sux. I been taking many cars to those shops. Pisses me off they don't even take 2 mins to wipe it down.
    After they charge alot
    On the tint. That's true that's to that design on the rear window. It will always look like that. Mine looks the same way. I hate it.

Hey jeff. How is that. You guys can't have tint on cars?

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

These are the laws that we have on the books related to tint:

Pennsylvania Statute:

(e) Sun screening and other materials prohibited.--

(1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle through the windshield, side wing or side window of the vehicle.

(2) This subsection does not apply to:

(i) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows of the type and specification that were installed by the manufacturer of the vehicle or to any hearse, ambulance, government vehicle or any other vehicle for which a currently valid certificate of exemption has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.

(ii) A vehicle which is equipped with tinted windows, sun screening devices or other materials which comply with all applicable Federal regulations and for which a currently valid certificate of exemption for medical reasons has been issued in accordance with regulations adopted by the department.

Pennsylvania Code:

§ 175.263. Sun screening location.
    (a) Windshields, side windows and side wings. A person may not operate, on a highway, a motor vehicle with a front windshield, side window or side wing that has been equipped with a sun screening device or other material which does not permit a person to see or view the inside of the vehicle. This subchapter does not prohibit the use of products or materials along the top edge of the windshield if the products or materials are transparent and do not encroach upon the AS-1 portion of the windshield as provided by FMVSS No. 205 and if the devices or materials are not more than 3 inches from the top of the windshield.

(b) Rear window. The rear window on a motor vehicle may be treated by the vehicle owner with a sun screening device or other material. If the rear window is treated with a sun screening device or other material, the vehicle shall comply with § 175.264 (relating to mirrors). See Table X for specific requirements for vehicles subject to this subchapter.

(c) Louvered materials. Louvered materials may not reduce the area of driver visibility below 50% as measured on a horizontal plane.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Looks good, I can't stand non-tinted windows...my wife's Corolla gets REALLY hot, even with the A/C on. It also makes cars look better, imo.

Also, bouigha123, check out a local car club...you should try and make it out.

Mid Atlantic Domestics Car Club (VA/MD/PA/DE/NJ)

Thread Information