Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    T/A 2001

Got my first trans am

I just bought my first trans am it is a 2000 maple red metallic with ebony interior. Automatic, cutout, and a us extotics hood. An 47,800 miles. Tell me what you guys think... btw pics taken by phone once i give her a bath and shine her up i will post some more pics

Stock beside the cutout. (Im pretty sure it is a stock exhaust too.)

Can't wait to get it on the road and break her in.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by T/A 2001 View Post
    I just bought my first trans am it is a 2000 maple red metallic with ebony interior. Automatic, cutout, and a us extotics hood. An 47,800 miles. Tell me what you guys think... btw pics taken by phone once i give her a bath and shine her up i will post some more pics

Click for full size
    Stock beside the cutout. (Im pretty sure it is a stock exhaust too.)
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    Can't wait to get it on the road and break her in.
    Looks great man congratulations..........

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Nice!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

ebay right? or was it cars.com? i remember seeing this one for sale! wasn't the one for me since i am pretty bent on getting a WS6 6spd. Glad to see it has gone to a nice home. Congrats and enjoy!

T/A 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    ebay right? or was it cars.com? i remember seeing this one for sale! wasn't the one for me since i am pretty bent on getting a WS6 6spd. Glad to see it has gone to a nice home. Congrats and enjoy!
    Nah i got it off of a member here.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Looking good, do you plan on painting the hood to match the car?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

bah.... i'm looking in so many places right now i can never keep it straight where i saw which car. Right now the question i'm asking myself is.... can i live with a convertible as a DD. In fact i think i'll go make a thread on that right now. I love the color on your car. If I found a 6spd WS6 like that i'd be very tempted to spend way more than i could reasonably afford since i intend on paying 100% cash for whatever i buy. Again congrats on the purchase! Summer is too close to being over so get out there and have some fun! Stay SAFE!!!!

T/A 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Looking good, do you plan on painting the hood to match the car?
    Yeah, I Plan going and getting quotes next week. I also have the original hood too. It acually doesnt look that bad the way it is but i dont like the whole rice burner look

T/A 2001
    bah.... i'm looking in so many places right now i can never keep it straight where i saw which car. Right now the question i'm asking myself is.... can i live with a convertible as a DD. In fact i think i'll go make a thread on that right now. I love the color on your car. If I found a 6spd WS6 like that i'd be very tempted to spend way more than i could reasonably afford since i intend on paying 100% cash for whatever i buy. Again congrats on the purchase! Summer is too close to being over so get out there and have some fun! Stay SAFE!!!!
    Yea its kinda funny the first Trans am that i look at a year ago was this color ws6 6 speed.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Congrats man!! Youll love every second of driving it!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

if you don't mind my asking why did you change your mind on looking at WS6 6spd cars? someone tried selling me an A4 claiming that she spent a long time trying to find a good 6spd but they are all beaten up and = more maintenance. of course you try to make your car sound worth its price when selling but did you find there to be truth in that statement?

arctic white
    97 firebird

nice t/a get some better pictures outside when its washed/waxed

T/A 2001
    if you don't mind my asking why did you change your mind on looking at WS6 6spd cars? someone tried selling me an A4 claiming that she spent a long time trying to find a good 6spd but they are all beaten up and = more maintenance. of course you try to make your car sound worth its price when selling but did you find there to be truth in that statement?
    When I was looking at the ws6 it was last year and didnt have any money. Plus they wanted $16,000 for that with some mods and 60xxx miles on it. I got this for $9000 with 47xxx miles on it with only the cutout.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

wow... i'd jump on 9k for that mileage..... if it were a WS6... why must i be so particular lol. when i see nice low milage WS6's with 6spds everyone seems to think they can get 20k when private party book value for a 20k mile 2002 WS6 6spd in good condition is 14k. given the economy as it stands now I'd say even 14k is wishful thinking for all but the MOST pristine examples, something you might see on pebble beach for example. Although credit where it is due, the car i'm looking at now is looking for a price very close to book and would prob take a bit less. so there must be a shred of reason out there afterall!

I'll get off that soapbox now

being that you are in jersey we should get together with Aetos when i finally get myself a WS6 and do a lil cruise!

White
    1999 Transam WS6

wow... i'd jump on 9k for that mileage..... if it were a WS6... why must i be so particular lol. when i see nice low milage WS6's with 6spds everyone seems to think they can get 20k when private party book value for a 20k mile 2002 WS6 6spd in good condition is 14k. given the economy as it stands now I'd say even 14k is wishful thinking for all but the MOST pristine examples, something you might see on pebble beach for example. Although credit where it is due, the car i'm looking at now is looking for a price very close to book and would prob take a bit less. so there must be a shred of reason out there afterall!

being that you are in jersey we should get together with Aetos when i finally get myself a WS6 and do a lil cruise!

I know your plight man, it tooks me awhile to get this WS6. Ended up driving to NJ for it and payed 16k after taxes and bullshit, 45k miles, 1999 year. Missed a nice one in long island by a couple of days, 98, 50k miles for like 13k. NY area fbodys are hard to find at a decent price, more so firebirds. If you find a good deal that you like, jump on it.

T/A 2001

that sound cool we should definetly do it

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Many congrats. I bought my first T/A in April 07 and it was totally stock. Keep pluggin away at it and keep reading the forums. You'll learn a lot and make it really stand out but, everyone notices a T/A when its' on the prowl.

Wiggle the keys at me if you need to be pointed in the right direction or just use the search function on the forums to look at past threads of interest

Take care and congrats,

GUNS

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Cool man, I love that color, rubs me the right way. You really need to paint that hood though, hopefully they can paint match that really well for you.

Go to a good paint shop, dont skimp on the paint matching.

Congrats on the car, im sure your loving it!

White
    2000 Trans AM

looks great man!
    Just got those bikes away from it...

T/A 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Many congrats. I bought my first T/A in April 07 and it was totally stock. Keep pluggin away at it and keep reading the forums. You'll learn a lot and make it really stand out but, everyone notices a T/A when its' on the prowl.

Wiggle the keys at me if you need to be pointed in the right direction or just use the search function on the forums to look at past threads of interest

Take care and congrats,

GUNS
    Hey thanks a lot

Thread Information