Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Got my first trans am

This is a discussion on Got my first trans am within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just bought my first trans am it is a 2000 maple red metallic with ebony interior. Automatic, cutout, and ...

  1. #1
    T/A 2001
    Guest

    Got my first trans am

    I just bought my first trans am it is a 2000 maple red metallic with ebony interior. Automatic, cutout, and a us extotics hood. An 47,800 miles. Tell me what you guys think... btw pics taken by phone once i give her a bath and shine her up i will post some more pics


    Stock beside the cutout. (Im pretty sure it is a stock exhaust too.)



    Can't wait to get it on the road and break her in.

  2. #2
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by T/A 2001 View Post
    I just bought my first trans am it is a 2000 maple red metallic with ebony interior. Automatic, cutout, and a us extotics hood. An 47,800 miles. Tell me what you guys think... btw pics taken by phone once i give her a bath and shine her up i will post some more pics

    Click for full size
    Stock beside the cutout. (Im pretty sure it is a stock exhaust too.)
    Click for full size

    Click for full size
    Can't wait to get it on the road and break her in.
    Looks great man congratulations..........

  3. #3
    Member Fearls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Verdigris, OK
    Age
    35
    Posts
    289

    MRM
    2002 T/A M6

    Nice!!!

  4. #4
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    ebay right? or was it cars.com? i remember seeing this one for sale! wasn't the one for me since i am pretty bent on getting a WS6 6spd. Glad to see it has gone to a nice home. Congrats and enjoy!

  5. #5
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    ebay right? or was it cars.com? i remember seeing this one for sale! wasn't the one for me since i am pretty bent on getting a WS6 6spd. Glad to see it has gone to a nice home. Congrats and enjoy!
    Nah i got it off of a member here.

  6. #6
    Member SAGGIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    994

    RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

    Looking good, do you plan on painting the hood to match the car?

  7. #7
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    bah.... i'm looking in so many places right now i can never keep it straight where i saw which car. Right now the question i'm asking myself is.... can i live with a convertible as a DD. In fact i think i'll go make a thread on that right now. I love the color on your car. If I found a 6spd WS6 like that i'd be very tempted to spend way more than i could reasonably afford since i intend on paying 100% cash for whatever i buy. Again congrats on the purchase! Summer is too close to being over so get out there and have some fun! Stay SAFE!!!!

  8. #8
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Looking good, do you plan on painting the hood to match the car?
    Yeah, I Plan going and getting quotes next week. I also have the original hood too. It acually doesnt look that bad the way it is but i dont like the whole rice burner look

  9. #9
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    bah.... i'm looking in so many places right now i can never keep it straight where i saw which car. Right now the question i'm asking myself is.... can i live with a convertible as a DD. In fact i think i'll go make a thread on that right now. I love the color on your car. If I found a 6spd WS6 like that i'd be very tempted to spend way more than i could reasonably afford since i intend on paying 100% cash for whatever i buy. Again congrats on the purchase! Summer is too close to being over so get out there and have some fun! Stay SAFE!!!!
    Yea its kinda funny the first Trans am that i look at a year ago was this color ws6 6 speed.

  10. #10
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Congrats man!! Youll love every second of driving it!

  11. #11
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    if you don't mind my asking why did you change your mind on looking at WS6 6spd cars? someone tried selling me an A4 claiming that she spent a long time trying to find a good 6spd but they are all beaten up and = more maintenance. of course you try to make your car sound worth its price when selling but did you find there to be truth in that statement?

  12. #12
    Member jd1666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX cedar park
    Posts
    635

    arctic white
    97 firebird

    nice t/a get some better pictures outside when its washed/waxed

  13. #13
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    if you don't mind my asking why did you change your mind on looking at WS6 6spd cars? someone tried selling me an A4 claiming that she spent a long time trying to find a good 6spd but they are all beaten up and = more maintenance. of course you try to make your car sound worth its price when selling but did you find there to be truth in that statement?
    When I was looking at the ws6 it was last year and didnt have any money. Plus they wanted $16,000 for that with some mods and 60xxx miles on it. I got this for $9000 with 47xxx miles on it with only the cutout.

  14. #14
    Chief of his tribe! LSCyaL8R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,460

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

    wow... i'd jump on 9k for that mileage..... if it were a WS6... why must i be so particular lol. when i see nice low milage WS6's with 6spds everyone seems to think they can get 20k when private party book value for a 20k mile 2002 WS6 6spd in good condition is 14k. given the economy as it stands now I'd say even 14k is wishful thinking for all but the MOST pristine examples, something you might see on pebble beach for example. Although credit where it is due, the car i'm looking at now is looking for a price very close to book and would prob take a bit less. so there must be a shred of reason out there afterall!

    I'll get off that soapbox now

    being that you are in jersey we should get together with Aetos when i finally get myself a WS6 and do a lil cruise!

  15. #15
    Member Aetos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Formerly NYC. Strong Island now!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    641

    White
    1999 Transam WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    wow... i'd jump on 9k for that mileage..... if it were a WS6... why must i be so particular lol. when i see nice low milage WS6's with 6spds everyone seems to think they can get 20k when private party book value for a 20k mile 2002 WS6 6spd in good condition is 14k. given the economy as it stands now I'd say even 14k is wishful thinking for all but the MOST pristine examples, something you might see on pebble beach for example. Although credit where it is due, the car i'm looking at now is looking for a price very close to book and would prob take a bit less. so there must be a shred of reason out there afterall!

    I'll get off that soapbox now

    being that you are in jersey we should get together with Aetos when i finally get myself a WS6 and do a lil cruise!

    I know your plight man, it tooks me awhile to get this WS6. Ended up driving to NJ for it and payed 16k after taxes and bullshit, 45k miles, 1999 year. Missed a nice one in long island by a couple of days, 98, 50k miles for like 13k. NY area fbodys are hard to find at a decent price, more so firebirds. If you find a good deal that you like, jump on it.

  16. #16
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    wow... i'd jump on 9k for that mileage..... if it were a WS6... why must i be so particular lol. when i see nice low milage WS6's with 6spds everyone seems to think they can get 20k when private party book value for a 20k mile 2002 WS6 6spd in good condition is 14k. given the economy as it stands now I'd say even 14k is wishful thinking for all but the MOST pristine examples, something you might see on pebble beach for example. Although credit where it is due, the car i'm looking at now is looking for a price very close to book and would prob take a bit less. so there must be a shred of reason out there afterall!

    I'll get off that soapbox now

    being that you are in jersey we should get together with Aetos when i finally get myself a WS6 and do a lil cruise!
    that sound cool we should definetly do it

  17. #17
    War Machine BIG GUNS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    St. Louis MO.
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,100

    Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

    Many congrats. I bought my first T/A in April 07 and it was totally stock. Keep pluggin away at it and keep reading the forums. You'll learn a lot and make it really stand out but, everyone notices a T/A when its' on the prowl.

    Wiggle the keys at me if you need to be pointed in the right direction or just use the search function on the forums to look at past threads of interest

    Take care and congrats,

    GUNS

  18. #18
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Cool man, I love that color, rubs me the right way. You really need to paint that hood though, hopefully they can paint match that really well for you.

    Go to a good paint shop, dont skimp on the paint matching.

    Congrats on the car, im sure your loving it!

  19. #19
    Member jamessr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    266

    White
    2000 Trans AM

    looks great man!
    Just got those bikes away from it...

  20. #20
    T/A 2001
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    Many congrats. I bought my first T/A in April 07 and it was totally stock. Keep pluggin away at it and keep reading the forums. You'll learn a lot and make it really stand out but, everyone notices a T/A when its' on the prowl.

    Wiggle the keys at me if you need to be pointed in the right direction or just use the search function on the forums to look at past threads of interest

    Take care and congrats,

    GUNS
    Hey thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - A Trans Am Owner Transfuses His
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM
  2. 2000 Pontiac Firebird Firehawk Trans Am, T-Tops, Auto Trans
    By Handyman401 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. For Sale: mt et street radials/b&m trans cooler/tci deep trans pan
    By senicalj4579 in forum Parts For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 07:50 AM
  5. 1999 Pontiac Trans Am SLP Performance Parts Test - Trans Slam
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •