Results 1 to 8 of 8

Got the money now need the help.

This is a discussion on Got the money now need the help. within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I already have the performance 3.42 axle in my trans am and am thinking of going 3.73. It is my ...

  1. #1
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Got the money now need the help.

    I already have the performance 3.42 axle in my trans am and am thinking of going 3.73. It is my daily driver would you recommend the 3.73 gears or 3.90 gears? And what brand would you suggest? Motive , Richmond, or something else?

  2. #2
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I already have the performance 3.42 axle in my trans am and am thinking of going 3.73. It is my daily driver would you recommend the 3.73 gears or 3.90 gears? And what brand would you suggest? Motive , Richmond, or something else?
    I don't think your gonna pick up much with the 3.73's. You might notice it with the 3.90's. Go for Motives if your completely hooked on doing this.

  3. #3
    Member transam98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Herrin, IL
    Age
    32
    Posts
    417

    White
    2003 Ram 2500

    I dont think you can get 3.90's for the 10 bolt.

  4. #4
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    If i were you i would stick with 3.42s for the auto, you got the same gears as a stock m6 and your not giving up too much top end or gas mileage.

  5. #5
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    If i were you i would stick with 3.42s for the auto, you got the same gears as a stock m6 and your not giving up too much top end or gas mileage.
    I actually made a mistake in the first post i have "3.23" stock gears not "3.42". any suggestion on what gears to get now?

  6. #6
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I would go with 3.42s or 3.73s, its really up to you. Weigh out what you want, 3.73 more off the line less freeway raceing worse gas mileage, or 3.42s. I have heard alot of people say they love 3.73s in there auto. I have also heard people say they hated them and downgraded to the 3.42s or even 3.23s. Me personally i love to drag race and i had 3.73s in my auto and loved the performance gain, however i was goin from 2.73s to 3.73 a much bigger jump.

  7. #7
    Double Tap Heartbreak1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Castle Rock, CO
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,616

    Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I would go with 3.42s or 3.73s, its really up to you. Weigh out what you want, 3.73 more off the line less freeway raceing worse gas mileage, or 3.42s. I have heard alot of people say they love 3.73s in there auto. I have also heard people say they hated them and downgraded to the 3.42s or even 3.23s. Me personally i love to drag race and i had 3.73s in my auto and loved the performance gain, however i was goin from 2.73s to 3.73 a much bigger jump.
    I won't do this until I get my torque converter or even a new rear. Its not worth it to throw in gears on a stock 10 bolt if you already have the 3.23's. IMO

  8. #8
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    I won't do this until I get my torque converter or even a new rear. Its not worth it to throw in gears on a stock 10 bolt if you already have the 3.23's. IMO
    My rear end is on the last leg so the converter is out of the question. It is leaking a lot more then usual so while i get the seals re done then i might as get gears while i am in there. and a new cover.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. oh if i had the money....
    By LSCyaL8R in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 02:48 PM
  2. where da money
    By c5z28 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:19 AM
  3. How much money have you put into your car?
    By BOOSTD in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 374
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 01:18 AM
  4. tax money :)
    By Yellow_Bird in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
  5. The Most for my money!!
    By Double D in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •