Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !!

This is a discussion on Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I hope your wife recovers, both physically and mentally, very sorry to see your baby looking like that, however I ...

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

I hope your wife recovers, both physically and mentally, very sorry to see your baby looking like that, however I do need to say thank you for posting the pics. My buddy bought a camero with the door panels gutted, so now we have a pic to use, while trying to put the window motors and tracks in properly.

I hope everything work out in your favor, and take that drunk SOB for all they're worth!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    I hope your wife recovers, both physically and mentally, very sorry to see your baby looking like that, however I do need to say thank you for posting the pics. My buddy bought a camero with the door panels gutted, so now we have a pic to use, while trying to put the window motors and tracks in properly.

I hope everything work out in your favor, and take that drunk SOB for all they're worth!
    Camaro

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about you losing your other 'baby'. I totalled my '98 back in '07, flipped it end over end twice, and rolled it 7 times. Broke my neck in 7 places, broken back, girlfriend at the time broke her back and collar bone-she's now my wife! I thought about parting mine out too, but didn't have the place to store it or the physical ability to do it as well. To this day, I wish I would have somehow kept it....the motor is worth a lot, the wheels and tires, 6 speed tranny, unless the rearend was aftermarket it's garbage. I do like your choice of a replacement vehicle though. What color are you going to order it in? I saw a black one with white racing stripes and it was sweet! Glad to hear the wife is doing well. This accident has lawsuit written all over it....be nice to have a free and clear house and that 2SS paid for wouldn't it????!!!!!
    Thanks, I may get another WS6 down the road as a pet project and believe me I am filled with a f@%&*^G rage that most would not comprehend when I think about what this irresponsible asshole almost took from me...my wife. People say you can't love a material thing... BS! I loved that car just like I love my dog, pistols, shotguns and rifles..... Different kind of love but love none the less. My only requirement when I ordered the car from my dealer was that it had to be black and a six speed manual. The dealer I went thru sells 2SS Camaros cheaper than most dealers in the Nashville area sell loaded V6 Camaros. It was almost a $7k difference in price in a comparably equipped 2SS in the Clarksville/Hopkinsville/Nashville area. Some dealers are definetley not extending a reach around to the f@#!$%g they are giving on the prices. I was told by a friend that works at GM that they are going to start a 3rd shift building Camaros to answer the demand. Probably won't drop MSRP by much if any at all.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Yeah, I think I would have to order black as well along with the black interior. It's ashame that you have to almost lose your beloved wife and the nice ride in order to get, in my opinion, a just as good, replacement vehicle. Independent rear, high horsepower, 6 speed is a combination I'd love to have. I can't wait to get a garage, so that I can start driving my wifes '98 Camaro, and start working on my WS6 doing little things here and there and not have to be concerned about having it put back together in order to go to the grocery store or church, just tear into it and work on it, then go do what we need to do, come back work on it some more, etc. Glad again to hear your wife is ok and sorry to hear you are having to say good-bye to the T/A. I'm sure the Camaro 2SS will fill the void in grand style!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

That ridesafely.com website is amazing!!!! I wouldn't mind driving around in a theft recovery or lightly damaged vehicle.... Some of the things on there are less than half blue book and in seemingly decent shape.... Is that site legit? I'm suddenly having visions of a new luxo barge in my life!!!

black
    02 ws6, samurai on 40's

GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!!!!! if she plays her cards right, she could do very well with the right lawyer... also, dont speak to the other insurance company, only your legal representive should. they will try to fuc u out of all they can!!!! car accidents pay
    big time if handled properly!

I read some bad things about ridesafely.com, like concerning deposits.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

yeah I was a bit overexcited about it till i started reading how it works. The "deposit" is just for them to go to the insurance auction for that car and bid that ammount on your behalf... no garuntee that you get the car you "won" on their site. You then get the option to have your deposit refunded or let them retain your deposit to apply to future bids.

To be honest I have no problem with ANY of that. What I DO have a problem with is what I've read about people's ability to get their deposits returned to them. Seems to be difficult.

The idea behind the service is ok. Normally you wouldn't have access to these auctions, they use their networks to obtain these vehicles for you. AWESOME! Poor business practices??? not so awesome... oh well.

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    yeah I was a bit overexcited about it till i started reading how it works. The "deposit" is just for them to go to the insurance auction for that car and bid that ammount on your behalf... no garuntee that you get the car you "won" on their site. You then get the option to have your deposit refunded or let them retain your deposit to apply to future bids.

To be honest I have no problem with ANY of that. What I DO have a problem with is what I've read about people's ability to get their deposits returned to them. Seems to be difficult.

The idea behind the service is ok. Normally you wouldn't have access to these auctions, they use their networks to obtain these vehicles for you. AWESOME! Poor business practices??? not so awesome... oh well.
    We've had lots of them. We have a friend in the salvage biz that buys them at auction. You have to be really careful or you'll wind up spending more than it would have cost to just buy one that wasn't wrecked. The cars are totaled out for a reason. Here are some recent examples that came out nice:

My GN. Recovered theft, totaled:

My Caddy. Flood total:

Dad's '99 SS:

To the OP: Hope your wife is doing well. You made the right decision not to hang onto the car.

Jim

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I'm glad your wife is okay, materialistic things can be replaced, once a friend, family member or a loved one is gone, there is no replacement, only the memories remain. I would show no mercy towards that idiot who hit you all. The car could be parted out...I can see a lot of potential parts but I dont know if you will make more than what you'll have to shell out to the insurance company by parting it out. How many miles did she have on her? And she was a M6...damn, the good die young.

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

That sux royally at least ur wife is okay. Sue that ass and make him pay

black
    02 Camaro SS 35th 20k mi

glad to see she's alright !! stick that boy it the garage and fix it in spring when its warm !! good luck

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Wow thanks for the link. I decided to not buy it back for a few reasons namely I didn't want my wife thinking about the accident everytime she sees the car. I did order a 2010 Camaro 2SS and hopefully I can pick it up in about 5 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratrod910 View Post
    glad to see she's alright !! stick that boy it the garage and fix it in spring when its warm !! good luck

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Wow thanks for the link. I decided to not buy it back for a few reasons namely I didn't want my wife thinking about the accident everytime she sees the car. I did order a 2010 Camaro 2SS and hopefully I can pick it up in about 5 weeks.
    i kinda stumbled upon it.i completely understand the reasoning behind not buying it back. i hope you can make some good memories in the 5th gen. camaro

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Click for full size
    good ol' Samuel L. Great actor!

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Click for full size
    Hey 35th, alot of people on here live in an instant world. They would not rather take the time and read, when the answer may very well be IN THE THREAD!!! But would rather post....it's just laziness, pure and simple, and to those of us who are patient and do things decently and in order, it gets aggravating to say the least. I bet if they were given an infraction for each time they wrote something that was already written on the thread, it might deter them from duplicating posts......

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by herculesrider1 View Post
    Hey 35th, alot of people on here live in an instant world. They would not rather take the time and read, when the answer may very well be IN THE THREAD!!! But would rather post....it's just laziness, pure and simple, and to those of us who are patient and do things decently and in order, it gets aggravating to say the least. I bet if they were given an infraction for each time they wrote something that was already written on the thread, it might deter them from duplicating posts......
    It happens all the time, and it is really fine with me. I don't mind it all too much. I had just been looking for an excuse to use that GIF file for a while and finally stumbled upon a newb to take advantage of

No harm no foul.

LPM - Light Pewter Met.
    2001 Camaro Z28

Sorry to hear dude

If your parting, id be interested in hood.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Tony180a,

Glad to hear wife is ok. Machines can be replaced. I can understand your feelings about certain material items. I too would be pissed should some drunk scumbag tbone any of my sleds, especially is wife is behind the wheel.

On a side note I go to Clarksville several times a year. My family lives all over Montgomery & Dickson Counties. I did my time at Ft Campbell back in 74 & 75. If you are a hunter we should hook up. I have access to several hundreds of acres to hunt in your area. My dad and brother live down there. Dad is on the family farm, been in the family since the 1800's, there alone is 250 acres along the Big Bartons Creek.

Take care, and enjoy the new sled!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information