Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !!

This is a discussion on Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; The car is mos def fixable and yeah...I can attest to these cars being safe in accidents as i had ...

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

The car is mos def fixable and yeah...I can attest to these cars being safe in accidents as i had a front-end accident in 11/08. In fact, it just came outta the shop this june and I love every bit of it It felt like a pillow with no airbag deployment. I really am glad that your wife is ok and pray that she suffers no long term injuries. I think with the ins co. they offer you the option of buying the car back before they cut you the check...at least, thats what happened when my 87 grand am got wrecked when a lady jumped a stop sign.

Pewter
    2000 A4 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Happy the wife is OK. When the @$$hole looks the judge in the eye and has to explain WHY, at 0930 hrs he was sh1tfaced, I hope the judge is MERCILESS. NO EXCUSE for being intoxicated at sunrise...NONE!
    +1 couldn't agree more.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    NO EXCUSE for being intoxicated at sunrise...NONE!
    This I have to disagree with...
    I have stayed up all night on benders before.

Regardless of time though, no reason you should be driving intoxicated.

Black
    00 NHRA Formula

Wow...good to know she is ok.

What a shame on the car...its hard to see one of these cars taken off the road...especially a black ws6 m6.

After being rearended by a dodge ram, i still look in my rearview CONSTANTLY. Being in an accident like that can stay with someone for a long time. I however do not think that it would in any way be related to the car.
    And going with the story you shared, I would think she would be ok with it seeing the joy and contentment it probably brings you.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.

Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.

That was my exact same thought, lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

That'll buff right out!!!

Seriously, I can see that there is some damage to the frame at the point where the car was hit. You never know the magic a good body shop can work. If the car means that much to you then by all means fix it. Personally I believe that the car may indeed be repairable.

As for your wife seeing the car? Back in 2008 I was rear ended while stopped in traffic. I continued to drive that car for 7 months before I killed the motor (overheated) I shed a tear at the final death of that car. It had been my dream car when I bought it and through 6 years had proven comfortable safe and reliable. The only lingering after effect of that accident was my rear view mirror paranoia. At the time of the accident I had caught a momentary glimpse of the car behind me about to hit me. I had no place to go sitting in traffic and thankfully my car didn't move, as far as I could tell, and I had enough room in front of me anyway..... but to this day when I see a car approaching me in my rear view mirror I tense up a bit. It's part of the human experience and it is completely independent of the car I happen to be in. For your wife I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the same feeling when watching cross traffic. It eventually gets a bit better, it was horrific at first, but it never really goes away as that thought lingers in the mind.

I'd say be happy she is alive pray she heals well! If they recommend therapy DO IT! My injuries felt so much better thanks to those doctors and their help.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    That'll buff right out!!!

Took a little longer than I expected, but someone always comes through...

I don't think the wife will want to drive that car again or to even see it around. I hope you can get a good settlement for it and that someone repairs it, since it seems to be fixable. Yeah, the cars can withstand a lot, but they get into a lot of accidents (including being hit easily, if they're black) and have no side airbags I hope your wife recovers fully.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

People will heal, car's can't w/out money-i'm sorry to see that it got hit! But it looks to be repairable?!?!

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

I feel ya man, i had a girl run a stop sign and hit me. Parted it out and havent got another one yet.

Last edited by NorthwoodDavid; 11-04-2009 at 03:24 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Glad the wife is ok, what intersection that happen at? (me = retired 101st Vet)

If you do get car back, pm me, looking for parts...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Are the taillights in good condition?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

damn you people are like vultures.

one thing id like to mention though. I do not condone driving drunk....but you gotta remember, that means over .08. driving intoxicated is anything over .00. You can get labeled as driving drunk after 1 beer.

But if this was at 9 am, he was prob out all night, or possible woke up still drunk, ive seen a timeline of dwi arrests, there is an increase between 8 and 10am from people waking up, still drunk

www.kristilane.net
    '10 SS & '05 Ram SRT-10

omgosh! That is horrible!! Makes me so sad... Im so sorry..and glad your wife is ok

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

look what i found...http://ridesafely.com/inventory.asp?...D%26yearmax%3D

buy it back dude!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Just read the entire thread. Glad your wife is OK and hopefully she has fully recovered by now, if not, at least getting better.

And for the post above me, that's pretty cool that you found it! However, I'm guessing it's being auctioned because the OP didn't want to buy it back to begin with. Unless, of course, there were other reasons at the time.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    look what i found...http://ridesafely.com/inventory.asp?...D%26yearmax%3D

buy it back dude!
    Wow thanks for the link. I decided to not buy it back for a few reasons namely I didn't want my wife thinking about the accident everytime she sees the car. I did order a 2010 Camaro 2SS and hopefully I can pick it up in about 5 weeks.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Just read the entire thread. Glad your wife is OK and hopefully she has fully recovered by now, if not, at least getting better.

And for the post above me, that's pretty cool that you found it! However, I'm guessing it's being auctioned because the OP didn't want to buy it back to begin with. Unless, of course, there were other reasons at the time.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Wow thanks for the link. I decided to not buy it back for a few reasons namely I didn't want my wife thinking about the accident everytime she sees the car. I did order a 2010 Camaro 2SS and hopefully I can pick it up in about 5 weeks.

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Sorry to hear about you losing your other 'baby'. I totalled my '98 back in '07, flipped it end over end twice, and rolled it 7 times. Broke my neck in 7 places, broken back, girlfriend at the time broke her back and collar bone-she's now my wife! I thought about parting mine out too, but didn't have the place to store it or the physical ability to do it as well. To this day, I wish I would have somehow kept it....the motor is worth a lot, the wheels and tires, 6 speed tranny, unless the rearend was aftermarket it's garbage. I do like your choice of a replacement vehicle though. What color are you going to order it in? I saw a black one with white racing stripes and it was sweet! Glad to hear the wife is doing well. This accident has lawsuit written all over it....be nice to have a free and clear house and that 2SS paid for wouldn't it????!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information