Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !!

This is a discussion on Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Glad to hear your wife is OK, I hope you can get your car fixed....

Black
    00 WS6

Glad to hear your wife is OK, I hope you can get your car fixed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Glad to hear the wife is ok, who cares about the car, its replaceable.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.

Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Way to be optimistic lol

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.

The glass is half full,

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by muteki View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but that looks repairable to me. Nice ride!
    more than likely the frame bent

Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers

Man'O Man Life has some suckky moments and this is one of them,

Sorry for your loss, That car is too pretty to not get it repaired

Not only that they're kinda not making em anymore

Thus I hope the car gets some new life breathed into it

So. Cal Bon

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Dibs on the hood.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Wow I would be sooo pissed!!!

Really glad to hear that your wife is ok though.

How mad are you at this asshole??

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Condolences. Hope the wife is ok and good luck with any insurance issues. Hate to see someone's pride and joy bunged up by an idiot.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Condolences. Hope the wife is ok and good luck with any insurance issues. Hate to see someone's pride and joy bunged up by an idiot.
    Ditto!

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Sucks. Hope your wife is alright and does not have any lasting injuries.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.

Man I am LMAO Luos ! Thanks I needed that because I had replaced that window motor less than a month ago and I must agree that it is a lot more accessible. I'm not sure if Tn will allow me to buy back a car that has been totalled by the insurance company but I'll find out early this week.

You guys understand... and you guys get it. When I was a kid there was a guy in my small town in south Louisiana that had a black and gold TA and I thought that car was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.I promised myself that car when I was an adult! I came back from Doha, Qatar in summer 1998 and tried to order a 1999 WS6 only to discover that there was a GM strike going on and none were available. I had to leave to go back to the middle east and left a $5K deposit on good will with Beamon Pontiac in Nashville to order the first available Black 6spd, WS6 with every available option. I returned to the states in Dec 1998 and happily found a postcard from Beamon that my car had been ordered and would be available for pickup by mid Dec. I went to pick my car up Dec 26, 1998... only to find that it was not on the lot. The sales manager took me to the railyard on I-65 where 90% of the new cars come into Nashville only to find my car had been mistakenly loaded on a car hauler about to depart for a dealership in Atlanta. Got to give it to the sales manager he raised hell and got my car off the front of the 18 wheeler.

I'll never forget the sound or the look of my car when they drove it to me in the railyard. It still had sheets of plastic over the fenders and no mats. There was 2 miles on the odometer. I drove it back to the dealership and an hour later all paperwork and dealer service was completed. Driving home was something I'll never forget. I know its just a car.. but to me it was more than that.

My other dilema is if I get the car stripped down and rebuilt what effect will it have on my wife. Everytime she sees that car will she think about the horrendous wreck.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Man I am LMAO Luos ! Thanks I needed that because I had replaced that window motor less than a month ago and I must agree that it is a lot more accessible. I'm not sure if Tn will allow me to buy back a car that has been totalled by the insurance company but I'll find out early this week.

You guys understand... and you guys get it. When I was a kid there was a guy in my small town in south Louisiana that had a black and gold TA and I thought that car was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.I promised myself that car when I was an adult! I came back from Doha, Qatar in summer 1998 and tried to order a 1999 WS6 only to discover that there was a GM strike going on and none were available. I had to leave to go back to the middle east and left a $5K deposit on good will with Beamon Pontiac in Nashville to order the first available Black 6spd, WS6 with every available option. I returned to the states in Dec 1998 and happily found a postcard from Beamon that my car had been ordered and would be available for pickup by mid Dec. I went to pick my car up Dec 26, 1998... only to find that it was not on the lot. The sales manager took me to the railyard on I-65 where 90% of the new cars come into Nashville only to find my car had been mistakenly loaded on a car hauler about to depart for a dealership in Atlanta. Got to give it to the sales manager he raised hell and got my car off the front of the 18 wheeler.

I'll never forget the sound or the look of my car when they drove it to me in the railyard. It still had sheets of plastic over the fenders and no mats. There was 2 miles on the odometer. I drove it back to the dealership and an hour later all paperwork and dealer service was completed. Driving home was something I'll never forget. I know its just a car.. but to me it was more than that.

My other dilema is if I get the car stripped down and rebuilt what effect will it have on my wife. Everytime she sees that car will she think about the horrendous wreck.
    its YOUR car, you can get it back, and you should,

the wreck just makes for a scar in its life, gives it a story, like the charger in fastand furious hahaha

anyways call the ins co. find where they sent it get it towed back, i have aaa and got it towed 75miles for free,

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i'm glad to hear that your wife is ok. i would definately call a attorney and sue the person responsible for all they are worth,no excuse for drunk driving,especially a 9:30 in the a.m. i'm hoping the police arrested the guy at the scene of the accident.good luck with the t/a.

Black
    2000 T/A WS6

Most important thing get momma fixed up first....then worry about the car. She will never let you live it down if you pay more attention to the car than her. Good luck man.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

OP - Great story about the history of your car.

To all that read this thread, here's a little insurance lesson:

We all know that comp and collision take car of damages to your vehicle in the event of an accident. In addition, we all should have liability insurance in the event we injure another individual in an accident. Likewise, it is hoped that if someone injures us that they carry liability insurance.

Unfortunately, the minimum coverage which is often mandated by state law is really an insignificant amount. For example, in PA a driver must carry $15,000/$30,000 per. This means they have coverage of $15,000 for every individual they injure, up to a maximum of $30,000 total. For anyone who has ever been to a doctor, its easy to see how quickly this coverage can go up in smoke in a hurry.

Granted, if you have private health care insurance your treatment would be covered. However, it is subject to deductibles, co-pays and often results in significant out of pocket expense in the case of protracted treatment. Furthermore, it pays absolutely nothing for pain and suffering, or even wage loss. Note that most policies only provide minimal wage loss coverage too.

Therefore, one thing to consider -- if offered in your state -- is underinsured and uninsured coverages. These are the coverages that protect YOU in the event a person with minimal or no insurance coverage takes you out in an accident. Here we can match our underinsurance and uninsurance coverage with our liability. I carry $100,000/$300,000 on all of our vehicles with matching UM/UIM limits.

Also, depending upon your state law -- it's not a bad idea to "stack" your coverages. Right now, I have 5 vehicles on the road with stacked coverages. because I pay a premium for each vehicle, in the event I suffer an accident and am injured by someone without insurance, I have available up to $500,000 in coverage for myself.

The lesson -- don't skimp on insurance. Use it to protect yourself in the event of an unfortunate incident. There are way too many asshats out there with minimum coverage, texting and talking on cell phones, and driving like idiots.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

glad to see the wife is good i hope she makes a full recov. hope you can get you car fixed back up and your wife is cool with it.
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

keep your foot in it,till you see god

Pewter
    2001 formula

Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.

bahaha those are a pain in the ass had to do mine a couple of weeks ago

sorry bout your car good thing your wife is ok and that car looks repairable to me

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Sorry about the ws6 man but it looks fixable to me! Glad to hear your wife is okay!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information