Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79

Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !!

This is a discussion on Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers !! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Glad to hear your wife is OK, I hope you can get your car fixed....

  1. #21
    Member qwk93ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fairfield, Ohio
    Age
    54
    Posts
    944

    Black
    00 WS6

    Glad to hear your wife is OK, I hope you can get your car fixed.

  2. #22
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Glad to hear the wife is ok, who cares about the car, its replaceable.

  3. #23
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.


    Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.

  4. #24
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.
    Way to be optimistic lol

  5. #25
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.


    Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.
    The glass is half full,

  6. #26
    James Bond Spikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,546

    2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

    Quote Originally Posted by muteki View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but that looks repairable to me. Nice ride!
    more than likely the frame bent

  7. #27
    Member vette0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    117

    Black
    2003 Z06 Corvette

    Goodbye WS6 I hate drunk drivers

    Man'O Man Life has some suckky moments and this is one of them,

    Sorry for your loss, That car is too pretty to not get it repaired

    Not only that they're kinda not making em anymore

    Thus I hope the car gets some new life breathed into it

    So. Cal Bon

  8. #28
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Dibs on the hood.

  9. #29
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Philly+Glenmoore, Pa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,704

    Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

    Wow I would be sooo pissed!!!

    Really glad to hear that your wife is ok though.

    How mad are you at this asshole??

  10. #30
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    Condolences. Hope the wife is ok and good luck with any insurance issues. Hate to see someone's pride and joy bunged up by an idiot.

  11. #31
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Condolences. Hope the wife is ok and good luck with any insurance issues. Hate to see someone's pride and joy bunged up by an idiot.
    Ditto!

  12. #32
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Sucks. Hope your wife is alright and does not have any lasting injuries.

  13. #33
    Member Tony180a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Clarksville, Tn
    Posts
    108

    Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.


    Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.
    Man I am LMAO Luos ! Thanks I needed that because I had replaced that window motor less than a month ago and I must agree that it is a lot more accessible. I'm not sure if Tn will allow me to buy back a car that has been totalled by the insurance company but I'll find out early this week.

    You guys understand... and you guys get it. When I was a kid there was a guy in my small town in south Louisiana that had a black and gold TA and I thought that car was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.I promised myself that car when I was an adult! I came back from Doha, Qatar in summer 1998 and tried to order a 1999 WS6 only to discover that there was a GM strike going on and none were available. I had to leave to go back to the middle east and left a $5K deposit on good will with Beamon Pontiac in Nashville to order the first available Black 6spd, WS6 with every available option. I returned to the states in Dec 1998 and happily found a postcard from Beamon that my car had been ordered and would be available for pickup by mid Dec. I went to pick my car up Dec 26, 1998... only to find that it was not on the lot. The sales manager took me to the railyard on I-65 where 90% of the new cars come into Nashville only to find my car had been mistakenly loaded on a car hauler about to depart for a dealership in Atlanta. Got to give it to the sales manager he raised hell and got my car off the front of the 18 wheeler.

    I'll never forget the sound or the look of my car when they drove it to me in the railyard. It still had sheets of plastic over the fenders and no mats. There was 2 miles on the odometer. I drove it back to the dealership and an hour later all paperwork and dealer service was completed. Driving home was something I'll never forget. I know its just a car.. but to me it was more than that.

    My other dilema is if I get the car stripped down and rebuilt what effect will it have on my wife. Everytime she sees that car will she think about the horrendous wreck.

  14. #34
    Senior Member justinmc978's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    college station, tx
    Posts
    2,564

    sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    Man I am LMAO Luos ! Thanks I needed that because I had replaced that window motor less than a month ago and I must agree that it is a lot more accessible. I'm not sure if Tn will allow me to buy back a car that has been totalled by the insurance company but I'll find out early this week.

    You guys understand... and you guys get it. When I was a kid there was a guy in my small town in south Louisiana that had a black and gold TA and I thought that car was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.I promised myself that car when I was an adult! I came back from Doha, Qatar in summer 1998 and tried to order a 1999 WS6 only to discover that there was a GM strike going on and none were available. I had to leave to go back to the middle east and left a $5K deposit on good will with Beamon Pontiac in Nashville to order the first available Black 6spd, WS6 with every available option. I returned to the states in Dec 1998 and happily found a postcard from Beamon that my car had been ordered and would be available for pickup by mid Dec. I went to pick my car up Dec 26, 1998... only to find that it was not on the lot. The sales manager took me to the railyard on I-65 where 90% of the new cars come into Nashville only to find my car had been mistakenly loaded on a car hauler about to depart for a dealership in Atlanta. Got to give it to the sales manager he raised hell and got my car off the front of the 18 wheeler.

    I'll never forget the sound or the look of my car when they drove it to me in the railyard. It still had sheets of plastic over the fenders and no mats. There was 2 miles on the odometer. I drove it back to the dealership and an hour later all paperwork and dealer service was completed. Driving home was something I'll never forget. I know its just a car.. but to me it was more than that.

    My other dilema is if I get the car stripped down and rebuilt what effect will it have on my wife. Everytime she sees that car will she think about the horrendous wreck.
    its YOUR car, you can get it back, and you should,

    the wreck just makes for a scar in its life, gives it a story, like the charger in fastand furious hahaha

    anyways call the ins co. find where they sent it get it towed back, i have aaa and got it towed 75miles for free,

  15. #35
    autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montgomery,Ala
    Posts
    2,436

    2007 Corvette
    Ebony

    i'm glad to hear that your wife is ok. i would definately call a attorney and sue the person responsible for all they are worth,no excuse for drunk driving,especially a 9:30 in the a.m. i'm hoping the police arrested the guy at the scene of the accident.good luck with the t/a.

  16. #36
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Age
    34
    Posts
    97

    Black
    2000 T/A WS6

    Most important thing get momma fixed up first....then worry about the car. She will never let you live it down if you pay more attention to the car than her. Good luck man.

  17. #37
    Super Moderator
    pajeff02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mansfield, PA
    Posts
    21,576

    Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

    OP - Great story about the history of your car.

    To all that read this thread, here's a little insurance lesson:

    We all know that comp and collision take car of damages to your vehicle in the event of an accident. In addition, we all should have liability insurance in the event we injure another individual in an accident. Likewise, it is hoped that if someone injures us that they carry liability insurance.

    Unfortunately, the minimum coverage which is often mandated by state law is really an insignificant amount. For example, in PA a driver must carry $15,000/$30,000 per. This means they have coverage of $15,000 for every individual they injure, up to a maximum of $30,000 total. For anyone who has ever been to a doctor, its easy to see how quickly this coverage can go up in smoke in a hurry.

    Granted, if you have private health care insurance your treatment would be covered. However, it is subject to deductibles, co-pays and often results in significant out of pocket expense in the case of protracted treatment. Furthermore, it pays absolutely nothing for pain and suffering, or even wage loss. Note that most policies only provide minimal wage loss coverage too.

    Therefore, one thing to consider -- if offered in your state -- is underinsured and uninsured coverages. These are the coverages that protect YOU in the event a person with minimal or no insurance coverage takes you out in an accident. Here we can match our underinsurance and uninsurance coverage with our liability. I carry $100,000/$300,000 on all of our vehicles with matching UM/UIM limits.

    Also, depending upon your state law -- it's not a bad idea to "stack" your coverages. Right now, I have 5 vehicles on the road with stacked coverages. because I pay a premium for each vehicle, in the event I suffer an accident and am injured by someone without insurance, I have available up to $500,000 in coverage for myself.

    The lesson -- don't skimp on insurance. Use it to protect yourself in the event of an unfortunate incident. There are way too many asshats out there with minimum coverage, texting and talking on cell phones, and driving like idiots.

  18. #38
    formally 01 T/A 0verkill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Diego ca
    Posts
    2,253

    "Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

    glad to see the wife is good i hope she makes a full recov. hope you can get you car fixed back up and your wife is cool with it.
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

    treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

    keep your foot in it,till you see god

  19. #39
    Member 01 LS1 Formula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    aurora colorado
    Age
    27
    Posts
    211

    Pewter
    2001 formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Glad your wife is okay!!
    Sorry about the car.


    Although now you can replace a troublesome window motor pretty easily.
    bahaha those are a pain in the ass had to do mine a couple of weeks ago

    sorry bout your car good thing your wife is ok and that car looks repairable to me

  20. #40
    Yeah baby! Yeah! silverWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    okc
    Posts
    2,571

    Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

    Sorry about the ws6 man but it looks fixable to me! Glad to hear your wife is okay!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drunk Drivers :mad:
    By innerchi89 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 09:07 PM
  2. Effin Drunk Drivers
    By iggz in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 02:33 PM
  3. Drunk texts, the new drunk dial
    By NE98LS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 04:36 PM
  4. I hate banks. Hate them.
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. Yay! Another way that drunk drivers can back on the streets!
    By Warbird in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 11:44 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •