Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: good price?

black
    2002 transam ws6

good price?

I'm in the process of buying a 2002 ws6 manual, t-tops w/ 25k miles for $19,500 is this a descent price? would appreciate the feed back...its completely stock at the moment besides amp/cd player/polk speakers

another thing i forgot to mention the owner is a engine engineer and has a nice ass house and pretty damn sure its been well taken care of.... and i called him and talked to him for about 10 minutes or so. he mentioned that he is selling it b/c he has 3 daughters...the oldest is 11yrs old....so figured he i a little older and has never raced it or ran the piss out of it. i will work on posting some pics of it asap

http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/..._A.565x377.jpg
    Last edited by DMIKEY; 04-26-2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: added pics

White
    1998 Trans Am

Seems a little high to me. Your talking low mileage but still with the way thing are now I just had a friend sell a mint 01 Z28 loaded with leather and all the toys plus a few bolt ons and he was only asking 12k. I see C5 vettes selling for under $20k with almost the same mileage. The guy who sold the Z28 had replaced it with a 02 I think it was Z06 vette with 40k miles. Now if it was a blackbird or firehawk o could see paying a little more but even a few firehawks I have seen with similar miles were only 14 to $16k. Of you like the car it's more of one of those decisions.
    Is it at a dealer? If so are you financing it there so you can get GAP coverage because if something happens and it gets totaled or stolen the INS. Company isn't going to pay out anywhere near that. That's the 1st thing I think about when buying a car is am I going to get my cash back if something happens because they way people drive now adaus it's not if just when the accident is coming. My buddy just got rearended in his GF's Silverado quad cab by a chevy 3500 dually towing a trailer at 40+ mph at inpack, the Reich is totaled now. Wrong place at the wrong time.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

ya a little high...GTOs are priced lower with only 10-15k more mileage depends on where you live

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

You could get a c5z06 for 21k all day

silver
    98 firebird formula

ya dude you could get a sick c5z06 for that much

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I paid less for my 02 WS6 2 and half yrs ago with 16k on it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I payed a lot less for our all stock 71,000 mile 2002 WS6 in late 2008.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

13k is the absolute max for that car and I still think thats high.

black
    2002 transam ws6

yea i looked into what u said and your right but I'm only 23 and im sure insurance would be through the roof....but i was thinking i could get insurance put in my mother's name and have her "primary driver" and me as "secondary driver" even though she wouldnt be even driving it.....think that would work out and be cheaper that way?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Did you see the one for sale here on LS1? Says it's just over 50k miles, 6 speed, black. Lives in OH. Wants ~12k.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by DMIKEY View Post
    yea i looked into what u said and your right but I'm only 23 and im sure insurance would be through the roof....but i was thinking i could get insurance put in my mother's name and have her "primary driver" and me as "secondary driver" even though she wouldnt be even driving it.....think that would work out and be cheaper that way?
    Of course, that's insurance fraud and in order to do that you would both have to be members of the same household. I know on our play cars the State Farm Policy we have states "No drivers under 25". It'll probably cost more to have you on the policy no matter how it is listed.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

thats what i do, my mom's insurance agent 'friend' helped us set it up that way.

black
    2002 transam ws6

best performance mods to start with?

im going to get hold of my insurance co. and get a quote....yea I've done alot of looking around and this car is the cheapest for the amount of miles and isnt to far away from where my mother lives.....any ways I was thinking for the first mods I would go with SLP CAI w/K and N airfilter, SLP headers, SLP X or Y exhaust w/ high flow cats....not sure which is the best.... or should I go with Borla? also wondering if I should go with a diablo programmer...was also curious about ....performance chip....not really sure what i should do after, heard around that a MAF should be left alone then others say to change also wondering if it whats the best TB and if I should get it ported/polished.... everyone's input would be nice cuz all I know is what i've looked up recently...thanks

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Seriously... I would look into Kooks or ARH for the headers and Y. If price is an issue there are lots of other good headers out there. Skip the handheld as it is a waste of money for the most part. A mail order tune from Frost (site sponsor) is the way to go. Also, rather than a K&N you should consider Amsoil's air filter. Lots of info posted on that issue all over the Board.

Thats high. 16 would be fair for that car. Like others have said you could get a vette for 20.

Red
    2001 ws6

ok....before you do anything dont make the same mistake i made......19500 is a little high, 3 years ago i paid 18500 for my 2001 with 18k miles on it (now has 20k)......if your going to pay that much for a trans am its because its STOCK WITH LOW MILES......once u put some mods on that car you wont get more than 16k back for it. if you want to mod a trans am spend less money for a car with more miles on it and have more money to mod it........finding a STOCK trans am is hard enough, never mind finding a stock trans am with only 25k miles

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

good price?
    nope.

black
    2002 transam ws6

yea but my only issue w/ that is I dont want a car thats had the dog piss ran out of it...i totally see what your saying though....think i should shop around more till I find one a little better priced? if u come across a 02 w/ low miles and black t-tops, m6 let me know...thanks

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^refer to post 10 of this thread....

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

.any ways I was thinking for the first mods I would go with SLP CAI w/K and N airfilter, SLP headers, SLP X or Y exhaust w/ high flow cats....
    Don't buy any of that junk.
    or should I go with Borla?
    Borla catbacks are nice! They don't sound the greatest with long tube headers and off road y pipe though.
    also wondering if I should go with a diablo programmer...was also curious about ....performance chip...
    Don't buy any of that junk either When you get to the point where you need to retune your computer, get a hold of Tuned by Frost and have him work his magic.
    .not really sure what i should do after, heard around that a MAF should be left alone then others say to change
    Absolutely, positively leave the MAF alone.
    also wondering if it whats the best TB and if I should get it ported/polished.... everyone's input would be nice cuz all I know is what i've looked up recently...thanks
    A ported and polished stock TB is very good idea.

Thread Information