Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Going up against a Evo 9?

This is a discussion on Going up against a Evo 9? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; friend of mine in tampa fl had a 97 eclipse gst...was completly stock minus an intake he put in....car was ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

friend of mine in tampa fl had a 97 eclipse gst...was completly stock minus an intake he put in....car was in the shop constantly..he ended up getting rid of it around 80k miles because of this..my parents also had a 97 eclipse gs....same thing..got rid of it for reliablity issues...another friend of mine had a 2000 eclipse ( diff model i know) he tried putting a turbo in it ( haha) NEVER stopped having problems with the car ..just one thing after another..now im not talking about evos cuz i have no personal experience with there reliablity but as far as dsm's ....they have probs for sure

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

rice=asian cars and motorcycles, it isnt a bad term really

now ricer is a term or state of mind brought on by watching to many fast and the furious movies, it is a bad term. Ricer can be anybody with any kind of car. Their are a lot of Domestic ricers who care more about the looks of their car than the performance. "YO DAWG LOOK AT MY NEW UNDERGLOW"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    rice=asian cars and motorcycles, it isnt a bad term really

now ricer is a term or state of mind brought on by watching to many fast and the furious movies, it is a bad term. Ricer can be anybody with any kind of car. Their are a lot of Domestic ricers who care more about the looks of their car than the performance. "YO DAWG LOOK AT MY NEW UNDERGLOW"

green
    1998 eclipse gst

okay guys i can admit on one part... i do not believe the evo or sti should have EVER been made a 4 door... lol.. dont know why they came out with that. also, i had a question.. why is it that motorcycles are rice?? i didnt know there was anything wrong with them?? i mean.. the closest thing american ever got to a sportbike was the buells... and next to that, a harley POS! i will say, my buell was fun to ride yes i owned a 1200cc buell. but it was waaaaay under par technology, handling, power delivery, and lookswise to any japanese bike out there. i am not tryin to spark an argument, i just would like to know how something of such high quality and craftsmanship could be called rice?? lol.. i mean come on guys be reasonable... is it cuz of the sound?? or the fact they are jap bikes? or is it the four banger part...i am just wondering?

let's get back to the real topic here please.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

my girlfriend has a 96, maybe 98 eclipse (i dont remember the exact year) and its got about 200,000 miles on it and the worst problem she has ever had was an annoying screetching sound coming from her belts. her dad took like 4 tries at fixing it and it was fine. shes also been in 2 accidents in it, and it drives perfect. nothing wrong with it.

im not takin sides with rice, just pointing out that there are good and bad apples to every batch of cars.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah so HOW ABOUT THAT EVO 9!! Did you win or what?

green
    1998 eclipse gst

i wanna know who won too! and to see a video!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

End of thread, too far gone from original topic.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information