Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 149

Going up against a Evo 9?

This is a discussion on Going up against a Evo 9? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Thanks. I dont have my heart set on anything at the moment. I mean, there are 9-10 sec DSMs for ...

  1. #121
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    Thanks. I dont have my heart set on anything at the moment.

    I mean, there are 9-10 sec DSMs for sale @ 10k... thats tempting.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    take them both for a ride......anytime im lookin for a new car i only have a clue of what i want....take a few cars on your list for a ride and im SURE youlll find somthin u like

  3. #123
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    thats what i have been doing. I went to Nissan, Infinity, Acura, Ford, Mitsubishi and a few others that im not remembering. So im not really putting anything entirely out of the picture.... but i will only get a FWD car if im desperate.. and right now im not that desperate. I will go insane.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    haha yes dont do it...i went from 99 z28 to acura rsx-s to 01 lpe 383 z28...ill never go fwd again ....z06s are nice ..drive one of them yet?

  5. #125
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    Nope never. Being 16 i dont get to test drive much lol

  6. #126
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    PM wesman ..hes our evo expert

  7. #127
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebba View Post
    I am guessing that he lost. Had he won im sure he would be right in here talking about it.

    Ok, il shed a little light on this one. The manufacturers predictions for cars arent always right and the EVO is a prime example. The fastest bone stock evo run i have seen was a 12.7 and that was an EVO 8. The 9 might or might not be quicker im not sure.

    Some of you guys are ****ing a******s. We never talk s*** about domestics at Mitsubishi Forum. We arent narrow minded a******s like 1 or 2 of you are being.

    I cant believe that import people are stereotyped as s*** talkers. Those 1 or 2 talk more s*** than everyone on MitsuForum put together.

    Dude you really need to calm down. Looks like you're just pissed because everyone here doesn't like rice. Honestly, what did you expect??

    I've never seen nor heard of any stock Evo breaking into the 12's. It just doesn't happen. There's just no way a 235WHP car weighing 3300lbs is going to break 12's bone stock. The Evo 9's have slightly more power, but they still don't run 12's. I've never seen any Evo at the track run better than a low 13, even with mods.

    You say you never talk down about Domestics on the Mitsubishi forum?? Thats news to me. Over on Mitsubishiforum.com every other post in the kills section is about bashing Domestics. Often times Mustang Cobra and LS1's.

    How is is narrow minded not to like riceburners?? People can have their own opinion, and peronally I think Japanese sports cars are crap in looks, sound, and peformance. You're going to call me narrow minded because my opinion differs from yours?? You need some help my friend, you are the narrow minded one if you think everyone should like the same thing that you do.

  8. #128
    Senior Member Street Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge "Raceway Park" N.J.
    Posts
    1,249
    2009 Corvette ZO6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebba
    I mean, there are 9-10 sec DSMs for sale @ 10k... thats tempting.
    Yeah, but your forgetting the additional cost in maintaining such cars. For the money, I'd rather stuff a worked over LS1 into my '89 Iroc (which will be weighing in at 3000-lbs, very shortly), and run ten seconds all day long, without even breaking a freaking sweat (all for under ten grand, car included)...

  9. #129
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    This thread needs to remain civil in discussion or it will be closed guys.

  10. #130
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    Seriously... nobody bashes ANYTHING on the forums. Something tells me that this has been the the root of some trolls we have had recently.

    We state facts. If something is said out of line.. or something is incorrect it is taken care of. Infact i defended one of the domestic guys when he brought up an old post where an SL 3000GT said he beat an 03 Cobra... thats just retarded and i spoke up.

    I just fail to see how a performance oriented EVO is considered rice? Rice = FWD w/ big bench on the trunk lid for no reason... EVO has a purpose.

    As for the 10 sec DSMs breaking... thats a myth right there. I know a guy that ran 9s all year and attended every single event he possibly could. He ran the same axels, clutch, tranny all year round without a single failure. Built up DSMs dont experiance any of the problems a normal DSM would.

    I think your narrow minded because you think that just because its Japanese you think it sucks and is slow and is a rice burner. By defenition rice is a slow car with mods that dont effect performance. a stock Japanese car IS NOT RICE.

    Just a little quote from a friend of mine (domestic guy... owns a s/c GT) "Dude a lot of the Japanese cars can top a decent amount of domestics regardless how they look"
    Last edited by Sebba; 02-05-2007 at 01:51 PM.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    i have yet to see many jap cars that are truely fast in my area so its hard to back up ANY of your statements...i had an eclipse gsx modded race me in my 99 6 speed z.....from a 40 roll in second gear he pulled me by lilke half a car when i met up with him..i was like holy shit this thing is quick...we came up to a light and he started runin his mouth about running down c5 vettes from highway rolls and blah blah..and hes runnin 400 horse...light turned green and i got a great launch...he obviously bogged that lil turbo 4 banger..took him by 2 cars in the first 100 ft ...thats where he sat all the way to the top of 3rd gear..about 105...then i shut down since we were in a 35 zone......thats the fasted jap car ive come across in my area and i still easily beat him cuz he couldnt launch it

  12. #132
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebba View Post
    Seriously... nobody bashes ANYTHING on the forums. Something tells me that this has been the the root of some trolls we have had recently.
    Sure. We believe you. No really, we do

    We state facts. If something is said out of line.. or something is incorrect it is taken care of. Infact i defended one of the domestic guys when he brought up an old post where an SL 3000GT said he beat an 03 Cobra... thats just retarded and i spoke up.
    Thats just plain obvious.

    I just fail to see how a performance oriented EVO is considered rice? Rice = FWD w/ big bench on the trunk lid for no reason... EVO has a purpose.
    Look at the car. Its rice. Its a 4 door Mitsubishi Lancer economy sedan, with different body panels, a huge (retarded) wing, and a buzzy 4 cylinder engine. Thats rice my friend, if you fail to realize this, that is your own issue.

    As for the 10 sec DSMs breaking... thats a myth right there. I know a guy that ran 9s all year and attended every single event he possibly could. He ran the same axels, clutch, tranny all year round without a single failure. Built up DSMs dont experiance any of the problems a normal DSM would.
    Are you seriously joking right now?? DSM's are some of the worst quality and most expensive vehicles to maintain on the road. Even stock they break all the time, and with mods it just gets worse. They go through transmissions, clutches, transfer cases, CV axles, and just about every other mechanical component like water. Parts are also very expensive, and lets not forget the very famous and catastrophic crank walk issues. DSM is a joint venture of Chrysler and Mitsubitchi, what do you expect??

    I think your narrow minded because you think that just because its Japanese you think it sucks and is slow and is a rice burner. By defenition rice is a slow car with mods that dont effect performance. a stock Japanese car IS NOT RICE.
    Umm..yes it is. Rice is a term that describes Asian vehicles, it doesn't have to be aftermarket to be rice. The Evo is ugly as sin, relatively slow in stock form for the price, and sounds worse than my lawnmower. Its a 4 door economy sedan that Mitsu tried to turn into a performance car. That's rice.

    Just a little quote from a friend of mine (domestic guy... owns a s/c GT) "Dude a lot of the Japanese cars can top a decent amount of domestics regardless how they look"
    Thats good for him. Unfortunately for you, the fastest stock Japanese car isn't even close to being as fast as the fastest stock American car. So not only are they ugly, but they are slower and sound like crap as well. Nice.

  13. #133
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    I agree with Wesman about the looks. My friends 06 STI doesn't get as much attention from the girls as my Mustang (yes I am getting a LS1 as soon as the auction gives me the right one). Now speed its another story I am not worth his gas in my Mustang. I have a good friend who sold his GS-T for a Truck for reliability issues. I'm definantly not speaking for all DSM's, but my experience is bring your tools with you in a DSM

  14. #134
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    PM wesman ..hes our evo expert

  15. #135
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    First off, built up DSMs dont break half as much. I have seen people run the same clutch, trans and axels and go an entire year of constant track events.. and no breakages. However stock DSMs are unreliable.. im not going to argue that one.

    I can tell talking to you isnt going to get me anything since your content on your views. If you think any stock exterior Japanese car is rice thats just retarded.

    Tony, well there are some like that.. granted. 400hp isnt that huge on a DSM to be honest.. they can handle that on stock internals.

  16. #136
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

  17. #137
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    47
    I give up. Im trying to be reasonable.

  18. #138
    someday joejenkinsglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,120

    green
    98 formula

    get the dr's for sure and skip headers put a shot of nitrous on it racing is never fair he will be bringing some tricks nobody wants to lose $1000 bucks and how does he know what it runs if he hasnt raced it? by the way i like the video idea

  19. #139
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    5

    green
    1998 eclipse gst

    Smile okay

    lets clear one thing up... crankwalk, occurs in the 95-99 eclipse turbo cars with that 4g63t engine. as for rice... well, i guess you can call it rice who gives a damn... i like the looks and the sound...we are all subject to our opinions of rice... and i will post a vid of the sound that i love to hear. as for a evo being crap... that car can handle 600hp on stock internals... seems pretty impressive to me. i do not come on here to bash.. i was told to check this out by a friend so i did... no disrespect, but i have to say on a recent comment as to a kid not knowing how to launch his gsx... wow it happens to the best of us, including you guys in your v8's.. yes admit it you can get a bad launch sometimes... as for the sound of rice. if you care to take a look.. i love this ricey sound!

    btw... i love a rwd v-8... i am gonna build a 1966 mustang for my mom, cuz that is both our favorite car, i am not on here to bash.. just observed something. as for ricey cars with turbo's. i think it is rather inpressive to easily push 5oohp out of a four banger rather then an engine that is at least 3X THE SIZE...if that is your definition of rice i would like you to meet the rice KING!!!


    and thiss


    also, if you think a four banger is rice... then here is something to make ya rethink that a litle.. especialy a four banger turbo.. THIS IS MY TURE PASSION!!! a motorcycle (except i love to carve canyons... and trackdays!!!)



    if it is really the fourbanger or a fourbanger turbo that gets ya.. maybe you should rethink flaming it a bit guys... i mean, i can understand kill stories, but this is a complete disregard for properly stating things... now i must go roam your forum for useful info!!

  20. #140
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebba View Post
    I give up. Im trying to be reasonable.
    Good, because you were't being reasonable at all. DSM's are garbage in general and they break all the time, especially when modded. The fact that you think they don't doesn't change anything.

    And yes, I think stock Japanese cars like the Evo and STI are rice. Look at the damn things, they are abominations. I would call it rice just from hearing the exhaust note and not even seeing the car. If you like rice thats great for you, but don't try and tell other people, especially on here, that their opinions are wrong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •