Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Going up against a Evo 9?

This is a discussion on Going up against a Evo 9? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; oh and I also put a 160 stat with all the other free mod BS...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

oh and I also put a 160 stat with all the other free mod BS

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

What ever happened to installing lid and LT's with true duals? Wish you best of luck either way.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I could'nt find anyone around here who could make TD's

get the lid and filter minimum it will bump a nice 7-10hp... but nice kill so far.. yeah, when u get on it from a stop, watch the wheel hop mate. there's a foot technique to minimize it. practice the take offs.. make sure TCS is off as well
    Last edited by djvaly; 12-04-2006 at 11:30 PM.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

ANy updates on the race? Who won?

I am guessing that he lost. Had he won im sure he would be right in here talking about it.

Ok, il shed a little light on this one. The manufacturers predictions for cars arent always right and the EVO is a prime example. The fastest bone stock evo run i have seen was a 12.7 and that was an EVO 8. The 9 might or might not be quicker im not sure.

Some of you guys are ****ing a******s. We never talk s*** about domestics at Mitsubishi Forum. We arent narrow minded a******s like 1 or 2 of you are being.

I cant believe that import people are stereotyped as s*** talkers. Those 1 or 2 talk more s*** than everyone on MitsuForum put together.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yeah theres a few bad apples everywhere bro.....the evo 9s ARE faster than 8s........12.7 is rediculous for an 8.....sure he didnt have a flash?? ..ever been on http://vishnutuning.com/ the 9 has more power to start and MUUUCH more potentional..check it out

Yeah im positive man. It came from one of the EVO admins on Mitsu Forum. He owns a shop and i trust his word.

Well dont be fooled. Just because its the newer version dosent mean it will be faster. For example the EVO 6 is actually faster than the 9 round a circuit. Some of you import guys may have seen the video from a TV show in England called "Fifth Gear"

pewter

so vishnu tuning dosnt kwow what there talking about???? and teh dynos ive seen around wrong as well for the 9?? your sounding like an ignorant import guy already.........u must have an evo 8 is my guess.....theres evo guys on this board and none of them have seen an 8 run somthing like that either fastest ive heard is a VERY VERY rare 12.9 but most havnt seen anythinglower that low 13s ..for evo9s ive heard of 12s much more commen and 11s on just a flash/intake/exhaust..nasty car

Vishnu knows im not disputing that. All im saying is what i have been told. I wouldnt say it if i didnt think it was reliable.

Sure the 9 might have a little more power over the 6 but that dosent make it faster. If you want i can dig out the video from the TV and post it.

And no i dont own an EVO.

Found it.

pewter

whats this shit about a 6???? u cant buy them in the us anyways..so who cares

Relax. I made a point about it being faster and you basically said i was stupid and made a sarcastic comment. I just posted a little fact to back up what i said.

pewter

i thought the discussion was an 8 vs a 9........ 100 percent stock 8 vs 9 the 9 is faster....... equal mods for both cars the 9 is much faster..it takes to mods better.....thats it man....there both sweet cars that are a lot of fun...what are u doin here anyways? trollin for ignorant ls1 guys ? or are u actualy interested in ls1s?

I was actually interested. I came here to expand my knowledge a little.

pewter

PM wesman ..hes our evo expert

pewter

what are u looking to learn?

Well dont be fooled. Just because its the newer version dosent mean it will be faster. For example the EVO 6 is actually faster than the 9 round a circuit. Some of you import guys may have seen the video from a TV show in England called "Fifth Gear"
    That is what i said.. i was just using the 6 as an example to back it up.

and teh dynos ive seen around wrong as well for the 9??
    The video was in reply to this. All i said was.. just because its newer.. dosent make it faster. I think i proved my point with the video.

I was looking to learn about the costs of making a reasonably fast LS1. Learning about some of the problems commenly experianced on these cars/motors. Learn about the do's and donts of the LS1 world. Also took a little look at your for sale section.

pewter

2001 or 02 model is what your lookin for if u go with a 6 speed.....the syncros in the cars before them suck asss .....not sure of teh specs on what was changed from 00 to 01 .u can find it on here...thats prolly the most important thing when looking at 6 speeds

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information