Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Going up against a Evo 9?

This is a discussion on Going up against a Evo 9? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok fellas, come down, the rule is simple "money buys power".. so evo ls1 ls7 whatever.. think of it as ...

ok fellas, come down, the rule is simple "money buys power"..
    so evo ls1 ls7 whatever.. think of it as a platform and put money in it and u get more power.. there's good and bad for all cars.. I happen to respect all sports cars.. I like the competition but not to discredit a nicely built car when I see one, even if it's not LS1. iz all good. money buys power, so u can make anything u want out of ur cars,,,

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wesman will be back with some " ricer" comment momentarily....lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    wesman will be back with some " ricer" comment momentarily....lol

Somebody's gotta do it.

hheheheh

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFish1 View Post
    So you know stock Evo clutches are no good. After I put in a twin plate it will not go bad for a long time. The Evo is a 2.0 4 banger with high redline. You have to lunch it from a high RPM because it does not have the V8 torque curve.
    And breaking axels on a 900 WHP car is not an uncommon thing to do. If you canít appreciate cars for what they are and you chose to be narrow minded and think that itís all about domestic cars than that is your choice. But do me and everyone else a favor and donít try to make the Evo or any other car look bad because you think they are. I have had many cars from domestics to imports and I can tell you that every one of them has its good and bad sides. It all depends on what your driving style and preferences are.
    And I do not think that by spending $2500 in mods and being able to brake in to 11s is pathetic.
    I think its ridiculous to pay $30K for a car and then have to replace the stock clutch within 6 months of owning it. Especially when the clutch itself is expensive, and replacing it involves tearing the whole drivetrain apart.

You say it doesn't have the torque of a V8?? Well no kidding, thats exactly why I say its a waste of time. It will never have a good powerband, it will always have turbo lag, and it will always sound like angry bees. Somehow that doesn't appeal to me at all. Not to mention there no benefits, since it doesn't get good fuel economy nor it is cheaper to buy in the first place. Totally beyond me why anyone would pay $30K for a shitty 4 cylinder Mitsubitchi.

Why said anything about breaking axles with 900WHP?? I've heard of them breaking with less than 300WHP, CV shafts aren't that strong, and you can only make them so big in order to still fit the car. Its got economy car roots, along with economy car quality. They aren't built to be pounded on at the drag strip, they are meant for spirited driving, nothing more. 6K clutch drops and pounding gears like a muscle car will result in burned up clutches, blown transfer cases, snapped axles, and broken shifters. Everythings cheap and lightweight, if you drive it hard it will break, simple as that.

Of course you will come back with your next post and deny all of that, seeing as you own an Evo and you are a typical ricer. Obviously nobody wants to admit that their car is a piece of junk, which is why you will say I am wrong and try to pretend Evos are the best cars ever. Nice try, you're not fooling anybody, go back to your ricer forums where people believe the same shit that you do and love 4 bangers that sound like buzzing insects.

Black
    08Corvette C6/07BMW 328i

You know for a moment there you sound like you make sense. But if you read this whole thread you will realize that the reason that I am on this forum is because I am in the middle of buying a Firehawk. And if you do not think that I know the limitations of the Evo you are wrong. But you know what. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone. And this thread was not started for me and you to have an argument. If you want to argue we can go at it for ever. There are things that the Evo can do which the Trans Am or any other muscle car canít do. And the same goes for the muscle cars which are more appropriate for drag racing. You can call the Evo a ricer or what ever you like but it does deserve a respect where it earns it.
    And when you upgrade any car to make more power doesnít most of the stock parts go out. Just like the rear end on a 6 speed Camaro or T/A. So what is the deference if it is a clutch or a rear end?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...n/Picture4.jpg
    And this is what my car did on 91 Oct gas. It is not bad for a 2.0 which sounds like bugs.
    Last edited by BlueFish1; 11-22-2006 at 10:13 PM.

This last weekend some friends tried to tell me that the Evo IX is the best handling street car IN THE WORLD. Dumbasses.....

black
    2000 trans am ws6

umm.. did the race go down yet or no..?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Friday

black
    2000 trans am ws6

finally. haha..

yeah, it's Monday.. what happened?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

no this friday comming up he had to get his liscence cleared up last week

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

If your getting DR's on 16's I think the highest you can go till they start rubbin is 255 man.

black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

Whats the update on your car, what all have you gotten installed for the race? do you know what all he has had installed for sure at this point?
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

black
    2000 trans am ws6

hmm.. ITS SATURDAY MORNING... what the fuk happened??

hey BluesFish1, did u race this past Friday or what?

Black
    08Corvette C6/07BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    hey BluesFish1, did u race this past Friday or what?
    I was not racing anyone.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

he came around my house but I was'nt home so he said he's gonna come back sunday, he said he was gonna meet me at my house at 7 on friday but did'nt show up till 10

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    he came around my house but I was'nt home so he said he's gonna come back sunday, he said he was gonna meet me at my house at 7 on friday but did'nt show up till 10
    What mods have you done so far?

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

10.4 wires ngk tr55's that's all I need. I ran into his cousin on friday on my way to peboys and we took off from a roll around 30 and I left him so bad when I started to pull 3 cars I slowed down cause there was no way in hell he was pulling me back and he too has a EVO 9. The only time he got me was at the light when we both took off we were neck to neck but as soon as I floored it my tires left so much smoke behind me it look like I was doing a 60' burnout but he got me that time only cause of that reason and he knows it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information