Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Going up against a Evo 9?

This is a discussion on Going up against a Evo 9? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hell yah man, let us know happens! By the way, my buddy has an evo 9 and he's got exhaust, ...

SILVER GT + RED WS6
    1990 5.0 GT + 2000 WS6

Hell yah man, let us know happens! By the way, my buddy has an evo 9 and he's got exhaust, tune, and boost controller at 24 psi and at the track he runs consistent 13.00, but best of 12.8! So you have a chance man...just get your launch down! GOod LUcK DuDe!!!

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Guy is right about weather BTW. THey are calling for 60 degrees on Friday and 70 on Saturday....in Philly

gotto love Texas

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I will come out victorious

viva la resistance!

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    Hey man your car is black, my car is black and we are both in Philly...................I could lend you mine for the race
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

Black
    08Corvette C6/07BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by kams95ss View Post
    I forgot to tell you. If you have a really loud exhaust there is a weakness on the Evo. The knock sensor is very sensitive and if you have a loud exhaust you will make his ECU think hes car is knocking and it will run like shit. My car and many other Evos I know have that problem. Also another thing that hurts Evos is altitude. Try to race him somewhere high. The altitude effects the Evo more than it will your non turbo motor. He will loose some boost and even if he has a manual boost controller hes boost will drop 5-6PSI by red line. Usually at sea level it will drop like 3PSI

yellow
    2002 CETA

Hey bluefish1 I think it's cool that your helping out kams95ss and giving up valuable info on the Evo's! Kinda like having a spy on ls1's side against the ricers! Hats off to ya!!!

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

yeah I appreciate all the info i'm just sitting back and doin my hw

black
    2000 trans am ws6

i dunno.i dont think id race em. never know what he could have in it. and the t/a's only ran 13.4 stock. so how did u run a 13.3?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

whered u get the number 13.4 ????? thats a very typical stock number but they can run as low as 12.9 completly stock ..although its rare

black
    2000 trans am ws6

hm.. iv seen it all over that with best driver and best conditions, they run 13.4 but ill take ur word for it seeing i ran a 13.44 stock and a reaction of .2

let the guy run, hopefully he wins.. it's 1k bet...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    whered u get the number 13.4 ????? thats a very typical stock number but they can run as low as 12.9 completly stock ..although its rare
    More like once in a blue moon. I've never seen a stock Evo 8 or 9 break into the 12's stock, its just not possible without destroying the car. Meaning a 6K clutch drop and powershifting every gear, and doing that will net you about 2 runs before the car falls apart and the transmission and transfer case blow out.

Evos are overrated, get some bolt ons and waste his ricer ass

Black
    08Corvette C6/07BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    More like once in a blue moon. I've never seen a stock Evo 8 or 9 break into the 12's stock, its just not possible without destroying the car. Meaning a 6K clutch drop and powershifting every gear, and doing that will net you about 2 runs before the car falls apart and the transmission and transfer case blow out.

Evos are overrated, get some bolt ons and waste his ricer ass
    That is not true. I lunch my Evo from 6k all the time with the stock clutch and it makes allot more power than stock. I have had the car for 5-6 months and it holds up pretty well considering that I take it to the track 3-4 times a month. My clutch just went out. And just so you know the AMS 900+ WHP Evo is still running the stock tranny. They break axels like twigs but the tranny is still holding up with a triple plate clutch. The WRX is a deferent story. They break trannys like it is nothing. Also you can't go to 6k with a stock Evo. There is a rev limiter on them which only lets you rev till 5k when the clutch is pressed and the car is not moving. But they remove that or use it as a two step when the car gets tuned.
    Last edited by BlueFish1; 11-20-2006 at 07:16 PM.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i was talkin about an fbody wesman u freakin idiot..pay ATTENTION!!!! REREAD!!!!!!!! your retarded

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

it seems like there are a few members here that think i'm talkin BS about my times I'll take pics of each slip and post them tonight.

13.4-13.5 is most common for stock. you have to take in account the altitude as well, weather etc. but high 12s have happened but soooo rare.
    I went to track just to watch, it was only one TA in the whole year that pulled 12.9 and the guy claimed it was stock. so I'd go with 13.4 maybe 13.3 as best for stock, generally speaking. depends on your reaction time...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFish1 View Post
    That is not true. I lunch my Evo from 6k all the time with the stock clutch and it makes allot more power than stock. I have had the car for 5-6 months and it holds up pretty well considering that I take it to the track 3-4 times a month. My clutch just went out. And just so you know the AMS 900+ WHP Evo is still running the stock tranny. They break axels like twigs but the tranny is still holding up with a triple plate clutch. The WRX is a deferent story. They break trannys like it is nothing. Also you can't go to 6k with a stock Evo. There is a rev limiter on them which only lets you rev till 5k when the clutch is pressed and the car is not moving. But they remove that or use it as a two step when the car gets tuned.
    So you're saying that going through a clutch every 6 months and breaking CV axles like twigs is considered "holding up pretty well..."

What a joke, launching from 6K in order to run good times is ridiculous. Running a car hard/aggressively is one thing, beating the piss out of it and abusing it is another. And without driving it like that, they fall flat on their faces on the launch and run high 13's. Pathetic.

Black
    08Corvette C6/07BMW 328i

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    So you're saying that going through a clutch every 6 months and breaking CV axles like twigs is considered "holding up pretty well..."

What a joke, launching from 6K in order to run good times is ridiculous. Running a car hard/aggressively is one thing, beating the piss out of it and abusing it is another. And without driving it like that, they fall flat on their faces on the launch and run high 13's. Pathetic.
    So you know stock Evo clutches are no good. After I put in a twin plate it will not go bad for a long time. The Evo is a 2.0 4 banger with high redline. You have to lunch it from a high RPM because it does not have the V8 torque curve.
    And breaking axels on a 900 WHP car is not an uncommon thing to do. If you can’t appreciate cars for what they are and you chose to be narrow minded and think that it’s all about domestic cars than that is your choice. But do me and everyone else a favor and don’t try to make the Evo or any other car look bad because you think they are. I have had many cars from domestics to imports and I can tell you that every one of them has its good and bad sides. It all depends on what your driving style and preferences are.
    And I do not think that by spending $2500 in mods and being able to brake in to 11s is pathetic.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information