White
    2002 T/A WS6

going to look at a 01 T/A opinions please

going to look at a 01 T/A this weekend and i think the guy is asking a bit too much for it.... it is a NHRA edition and he keeps telling me how rare it is... i know it is one of 143 or so but i still think the price should be around $17k for the car.

this would be my 3rd bird.. had an 87 formula 350, 1995 formula M6

check out the link and tell me what you think about it please. i saw a carfax on it and it had a police report that stated it hit a parked car in 2003 so i know it must have had SOME body work done that is another reason the price should come down. if the work was good and it looks/drives ok i will be ok with it.

http://www.akautos.net/html/viewvehicle.php?id=343

thanks in advance.

black
    2002 firehawk 94 Z28

what do they want for it? i just so happend to be browsing around on auto trader this morning and saw regular base t/a's and ram air's going for more than $17.000 with more miles than the one your looking at. so if you were to get it for 17k i would say you got for a good price..

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I just bought my 2000 WS6 TransAm for $12K. 64,000 miles, very good mechanically. Interior needs a little TLC....but nothing major. I am very happy and feel that I got a decent price.

Pewter
    02 WS-6 w/ Ram Air

You know what they say, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I bought my 02 WS-6 a couple years ago (+ or -) with 8000 on the clock for 21000. You have to take into acount the time of year and take a chance on how many other people have shown interest. It just comes down to how bad do you want it. Start low and work your way up. The most he can say is no and there are other low mile like new cars out there. Good luck.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1st TA View Post
    You know what they say, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I bought my 02 WS-6 a couple years ago (+ or -) with 8000 on the clock for 21000. You have to take into acount the time of year and take a chance on how many other people have shown interest. It just comes down to how bad do you want it. Start low and work your way up. The most he can say is no and there are other low mile like new cars out there. Good luck.
    That is VERY true. I sold my O2' SS w/ 9,000 miles for $24,500 about 2 years ago and I feel got a fair price and the guy was EXTREMELY happy. I still talk with him occasionally. This T/A is not perfect, but a very nice car for a very fair price. I looked around for a long time before finding the right one and missed some others that I wanted. The right one will come along if you are patient, you have to believe that and not react to quickly. There are many people out there that HAVE to sell very quickly and you can get a deal for sure.

Good luck!!

Black
    2001 Trans Am

I have a 01 TA WS6 M6, basically stock. I have put a Borla exhaust system on it and custom rims. It currently has 11K miles on it. Personally, I would not consider selling it at all, much less for less than 25K.

Purchasing a used muscle car takes more than money. You have to find the right car, the right seller and have a clear idea what the car is worth to you. Patience is your friend. When the right deal comes along, you will know it.

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by jkicak View Post
    going to look at a 01 T/A this weekend and i think the guy is asking a bit too much for it.... it is a NHRA edition and he keeps telling me how rare it is... i know it is one of 143 or so but i still think the price should be around $17k for the car.

this would be my 3rd bird.. had an 87 formula 350, 1995 formula M6

check out the link and tell me what you think about it please. i saw a carfax on it and it had a police report that stated it hit a parked car in 2003 so i know it must have had SOME body work done that is another reason the price should come down. if the work was good and it looks/drives ok i will be ok with it.

http://www.akautos.net/html/viewvehicle.php?id=343

thanks in advance.
    I'd offer $3K less than the asking price just because of the prior collision. And don't let the NHRA package influence you, some of them were dealer installed badges and at most, merely option packages, which on a T/A couldn't be much more than the badge since a T/A came w/ everything except TCS, 6-disk changer. One of 143..... what? NHRAs? How to prove that? Did the NHRAs have it's own RPO code?

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

White
    2002 T/A WS6

yes NHRA does have it's own code... 1SH and you can see it in the last pic.

the NHRA added badges, hurst shifter, and a PS cooler. i like the fact that it has a hurst shifter.. one less thing i'd have to change.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

yes NHRA does have it's own code... 1SH and you can see it in the last pic.

the NHRA added badges, hurst shifter, and a PS cooler. i like the fact that it has a hurst shifter.. one less thing i'd have to change.
    Uhh....think again....you will still want to change the shifter. Go with a Pro 5.0 or something. Many like the B&M Ripper too. I had the stock shifter in my 02'SS for a while and the Pro 5.0 was an AWESOME mod. This 00' T/A has the Hurst, but it sux too...... here comes another Pro 5.0!!

White
    2002 T/A WS6

i put an aftermarket hurst with lou's short stick in my 95 formula and was VERY happy with it. unless the hurst in this car isn't the same i'll be fine with a short stick.

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

i put an aftermarket hurst with lou's short stick in my 95 formula and was VERY happy with it. unless the hurst in this car isn't the same i'll be fine with a short stick.

Let me know what you think if you get it. I have heard the aftermarket Hurst shifters are good, but this one from the factory hasn't impressed me.

Again, good luck on the car and keep us posted.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Looks like a nice clean car to me. Being at a shop I'd think you should be able to get it for 18K.

White
    2002 T/A WS6

didn't like the car. you could tell the front was repainted, it had lots of chips, the driver's side door panel was cracked and it had a howl when i drove it. i just told the guy "thanks, but i'm going to pass" wished him luck and left.

bummer.. oh well.. i find one at some point...

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

didn't like the car. you could tell the front was repainted, it had lots of chips, the driver's side door panel was cracked and it had a howl when i drove it. i just told the guy "thanks, but i'm going to pass" wished him luck and left.

Keep lookin' dude......

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

You should have offered him $7K for it.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

"Service Engine Soon" Might want to get that checked out unless it's just the key ignition turned on.

White
    2002 T/A WS6

naw, that was only on cause he had the key in the ignition.

Thread Information