Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Going from an 03 Lightning to an 00 WS6...

This is a discussion on Going from an 03 Lightning to an 00 WS6... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by jimmybling31 you said you were selling the lt4 shit....how much. I got a guy that can get ...

white w/NBM stripes
    1997 WS6 LT4 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    you said you were selling the lt4 shit....how much. I got a guy that can get power out of those heads. they are so close from the factory to it.

ill trade all of it for a t56 tranny, including RR's, intake, heads and headers
    "Amber" - 97 WS6 LT4 converted Trans Am, SLP headers, 3200 stall, 1.6 RR's, line lock, cut out, exhaust, pioneer system, too much to list!
    www.WS6Racing.com

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by brynnda View Post
    ill trade all of it for a t56 tranny, including RR's, intake, heads and headers
    hmm. i don't have one... only a stage2 4l60e. lol. If i had an extra t56 laying around I would trade it in an instant. I wouldn't really want the headers though. I already have some.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

yeah. I just don't want the same thing as everyone else. I think more people have magnaflow than stock exhaust by now.
    Not down here, i've never seen a Magnaflow setup on a C5 yet. Most seem to go with Corsa which i think is more raspy. The Z28 i cut the oem muffler off & put a Magna Flow muffler instead so it looks stock but doesn't sound it.

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    Not down here, i've never seen a Magnaflow setup on a C5 yet. Most seem to go with Corsa which i think is more raspy. The Z28 i cut the oem muffler off & put a Magna Flow muffler instead so it looks stock but doesn't sound it.
    I wish I had a c5. lol. If I had a c5 I prolly would do magnaflow, but most people I know with f-bodies have magnaflow or flowmaster. a couple of them claim that you gain more power with a magnaflow than loudmouth. lol. I am saying fuck them both I want duals and I have tsp duals waiting on me to go to the exhaust shop to put them on. I have to get one part cut to fit and my ory cut off and a few things. It'll work out though.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

I wish I had a c5. lol. If I had a c5 I prolly would do magnaflow, but most people I know with f-bodies have magnaflow or flowmaster. a couple of them claim that you gain more power with a magnaflow than loudmouth. lol. I am saying fuck them both I want duals and I have tsp duals waiting on me to go to the exhaust shop to put them on. I have to get one part cut to fit and my ory cut off and a few things. It'll work out though.
    Thats cool. I don't care for the look of the Magna Flow setup for the F-bodies, the pipes they use looks like its of a bike, thats why i just changed the muffler out.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Do all the free mods.
    SLP probablly has the best air box lid. But a lid is a lid is a lid. The Volant intake/filter setup is better. K&N's FIPK is also good.
    Research some Cat-backs. I have Borla and I like it. People seem to like Magnaflow and SLP loudmouth.
    Kooks long tubes headers are the best, Pacesetters are awesome for the price.
    Underdrive pulley.
    LS6 intake is popular upgrade.
    As you start doing more mods you're gonna want a computer tune eventually to make all those mods really SHINE!!

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Do all the free mods.
    SLP probablly has the best air box lid. But a lid is a lid is a lid. The Volant intake/filter setup is better. K&N's FIPK is also good.
    Research some Cat-backs. I have Borla and I like it. People seem to like Magnaflow and SLP loudmouth.
    Underdrive pulley.
    As you start doing more mods you're gonna want a computer tune eventually to make all those mods really SHINE!!
    Agreed but to each their own. But spend the little extra & get the LSX manifold. Don't know about on a bird but on a C5 i prefer the Dynatech over the Kooks & its a direct bolt up easy install. If i ever change the exhaust on the maro it will be Borla.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Oh and besides horsepower upgrades, consider a strut tower brace and sub frame connectors.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Do all the free mods.
    Underdrive pulley.
    kooks/ARH/QTP are the same,only difference is ARH has a better collector and QTP some say they have a problem with the install, and once you get long tubes get a tune or ull run rich

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Should he get tuned or untuned headers ?

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Quote Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER View Post
    Only go with their lid. PERIOD !
    and only if you don't want it to seal worth a darn. I wouldn't touch SLP with a 10 foot pole, my lid was crap and customer support was even worse. It's trash sitting in my bedroom and I plan on an MTI lid to replace it. The old SLP lids worked well, the new ones with the slanted tabs suck.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    and only if you don't want it to seal worth a darn. I wouldn't touch SLP with a 10 foot pole, my lid was crap and customer support was even worse. It's trash sitting in my bedroom and I plan on an MTI lid to replace it. The old SLP lids worked well, the new ones with the slanted tabs suck.
    I hear that, the lid never seems to stay snapped correctly & there headers are a pain on C5's. On the maro i noticed a improvment with K&N over the lid anways. On the C5 i'm going Dynatech. The maro doesn't have what i planed on but it ended up with BBK shorties & Random Tech Y-pipe. Random Tech also did a nice job in their design.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

I hear that, the lid never seems to stay snapped correctly ...
    Well the SLP plastic is soooo cheap and flexible that the rear tabs just flex and bend. The stock lid is made of really nice stiff plastic that you couldn't bend with out snapping it off. I suspect most aftermarket lids are simularly flexable.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

I hear that, the lid never seems to stay snapped correctly & there headers are a pain on C5's. On the maro i noticed a improvment with K&N over the lid anways. On the C5 i'm going Dynatech. The maro doesn't have what i planed on but it ended up with BBK shorties & Random Tech Y-pipe. Random Tech also did a nice job in their design.
    My problem was the 3/8"+ gap at the back of the lid, the front and sides did excellent, but the back wouldn't seal with an ACDelco filter, and 3/8" weather stripping on top of the gasket. Maryland Speed didn't do anything but tell me "SLP hasn't had problems before" I called BS on it and they basically screwed around with me, so I said screw it and now have an SLP paperweight and 2 free stickers, one on my George Foreman and one on my toilet.

My first mod will be a TSP rumbler instead of a lid, then prolly I will get an MTI, it just seems that all the aftermarket stuff made for cars is crap. I had an 88GT with Steeda this, BBK that, and the only darn thing that fit right was OEM replacement stuff I put on it. I have heard good about the TSP rumbler though, but I could NEVER be a mechanic. IT would drive me crazy having stuff that "should" fit require cutting and welding to get to go on somewhat right.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yeah I ran screws through the rear tabs to keep my SLP lid down and sealed properly. But I have the WS6 raised lower box and the smooth bellows which could be... a)[WS6 box] screwing up the lid angles...and b)[smooth bellows] not allowing enough flexability to properly position the lid.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    My problem was the 3/8"+ gap at the back of the lid, the front and sides did excellent, but the back wouldn't seal with an ACDelco filter, and 3/8" weather stripping on top of the gasket. Maryland Speed didn't do anything but tell me "SLP hasn't had problems before" I called BS on it and they basically screwed around with me, so I said screw it and now have an SLP paperweight and 2 free stickers, one on my George Foreman and one on my toilet.

My first mod will be a TSP rumbler instead of a lid, then prolly I will get an MTI, it just seems that all the aftermarket stuff made for cars is crap. I had an 88GT with Steeda this, BBK that, and the only darn thing that fit right was OEM replacement stuff I put on it. I have heard good about the TSP rumbler though, but I could NEVER be a mechanic. IT would drive me crazy having stuff that "should" fit require cutting and welding to get to go on somewhat right.
    Sounds like you need to sell it on Ebay to recoupe. Never heard of the rumbler. I do know what you mean but i guess i've been lucky. So far i've had good luck with what i've installed. The K&N kit i put on the camaro fit perfectly & i'm quite happy with it, plus it looks nice. Even the BBK headers matted up perfectly to the stock Y until i replaced it. Also everythng i've upgraded on the C5 looks like it came that way & because of that i love it. Thats also why i figured i'd go with the Dynatech headers for it because of all the good news i've heard about. I do know what you mean though, i did have a few problems with one of my imports because parts didn't match up correctly but then i learned my lesson and stuck to Mugen parts only.

Red
    2001 ws6

i have the SLP lid have never had an issue with it not fitting, you just have to find where it sits correctly, does it take a minute or two, yes, but once you get it on right it seals up perfectly

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

omg a girl who drives ls-1's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information