Thread: GMdirect

GMdirect

Have you guys run into the "processing and handling fees" these people have. Its criminal and they should be shut down.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Their prices are much lower then other whole sellers and the processing fee is still lower then most places.

With other companies the processing fee is applied to all parts and inflates the price.

At least they are up front and honest about it.

Prices

Guess its what you are buying. I have found them to be more then dealer prices.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My cts-v brake set up was way cheaper from them than the dealer.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have purchased several items from GM Parts Direct and haven't had any issues. Was definitely cheaper than buying the stuff local, even with the shipping factored in.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

A lot of companies have shipping charges and other fees to cover the cost of fuel, administration, and other underlying costs associated with running a business. I don't think that is uncommon. If they don't, most likely the charge is put in with the price of the product itself.

Just curious, what were you looking to purchase?
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I have bought several items from them also, and (as said before) even including s/h charges, they were several $$$ cheaper then our local dealership. just my 2cents.

matts

I purchased some mats, $38 + $12 shipping. Then AFTER the transaction I saw the paypal invoice had an additional $60 handling and processing fee. Tell me thats not BS. Local chevy dealer wants $55 for the mats.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

I would ask them about that. I've ordered several things from them and never had anything like that. They have always been cheapest for what I have needed.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Sounds more like an error on the invoice. I would check into that before slamming the company. Errors do happen from time to time. I'm sure if it is in fact a mistake on their part, they will make it right.

You are right on the part that it doesn't make any sense to have a processing fee that high on a 38 dollar set of mats. Just doesn't seem to me like something normal that a company would do.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

That sounds like an error to me as well.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

+2 (or 3) call or email them about that and see what is going on.

Thread Information