Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 123

gm just annouced no pontiac is all done

This is a discussion on gm just annouced no pontiac is all done within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman not quite...they sold well..unfortunately they were a small division and offered a small line up..so ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    not quite...they sold well..unfortunately they were a small division and offered a small line up..so despite their good sales..they only amounted like 6% total of GM's sale
    So they sold well but only made up 6% of GMs sales. But GM cars in general arent selling well at all. So a company that only made up 6% of a larger company sales that isnt selling well sold well? Dont think so

    I didnt say pontiacs arent reliable but thats the stereotype they have right now and they will have it forever since the company wont be around to prove it wrong.

  2. #22
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So they sold well but only made up 6% of GMs sales. But GM cars in general arent selling well at all. So a company that only made up 6% of a larger company sales that isnt selling well sold well? Dont think so
    that makes sense........so lets say pontiac only offers 6 cars..they produce a total of 8000 total ..they sell 7000 of them......now as a total gm makes 1,000,000 cars total but only sells 100,000......thats 10%...now out of those 100,000 cars sold 7000 were from Pontiac...now pontiac sold 87% of their cars produced...a strong seller by all accounts..but their contribution to GM's sales as a total are still only 7% ..so GM as a whole can barely be selling their cars..while still having certain divisions selling well..but not enough to make a large enough impact in the big picture to stay viable...so they get cut.....now obviously those numbers are just made up to prove a point

  3. #23
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I didnt say pontiacs arent reliable but thats the stereotype they have right now and they will have it forever since the company wont be around to prove it wrong.
    i haven't actually herd that about Pontiac..they are a niche division though..Pontiac buyers are usually from Pontiac families ..and i have always herd good things about pontiac as a whole..minus the G/A 3400s...but even the minivans ..alot of people loved the montana more then its sister the venture

  4. #24
    Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laurel, Maryland
    Posts
    4,977

    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

    They should get rid of Buick and leave Pontiac.

  5. #25
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    They should get rid of Buick and leave Pontiac.
    Buick is the #1 seller over in china....its not going anywhere

  6. #26
    Member BirdCountry02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    29
    Posts
    676

    Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

    does gmc really sell enough of a percent to keep it and not just offer chevy trucks and vans? i can understand with the position they're in havin to axe a few brands especially when pontiac sells such a small percentage, but they've also got alot of history with gm. times are bad for everyone, pontiacs been hit hard. guess i just don't wanna see it go

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    does gmc really sell enough of a percent to keep it and not just offer chevy trucks and vans? i can understand with the position they're in havin to axe a few brands especially when pontiac sells such a small percentage, but they've also got alot of history with gm. times are bad for everyone, pontiacs been hit hard. guess i just don't wanna see it go
    GMC makes most of its money in commercial vehicles not passenger. So yes GMC makes money. They have been trying to sell saturn and alot of people say it will just die like pontiac if they cant sell it

  8. #28
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    I'M SO SICKENED BY THIS I CAN'T BREATHE!

    The heritage foothold they will lose over this ...

  9. #29
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Beaver Dam KY
    Posts
    7,746

    79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i'm so sickened by this i can't breathe!

    The heritage foothold they will lose over this ...
    tss will be making licensed gm pontiac stuff.. And gm wont... Lol

  10. #30
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    tss will be making licensed gm pontiac stuff.. And gm wont... Lol
    Funny thing about that-I asked my rep over there "what happens if GM dies out, do i still owe royalties on a dead brand" and they said yes. I thought that was ghey.

  11. #31
    Senior Member doberman 152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Age
    52
    Posts
    6,042

    Black
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    So long to a great brand.....

    Please someone play "Taps"

  12. #32
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Pontiac was the third highest selling brand in 2008... Buick was dead last. I understand that buick is popular overseas, but they are just boring econobox front drive rental cars. I hope if they start doing better they at least think about doing either a Grand National or a new Skylark GS... They could turn the G8 into the Skylark. Either way it's sad. The first car I ever paid for with my own money growing up was a 1992 GTA 5.7, and I have owned nothing but pontiacs (besides the brief lapse in judgement when I bought a charger R/T) ever since.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Danger731's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    6,712
    Pontiac - the new Oldsmobile, muhahahaha !
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red

    2009 CTS4 Ice Black

    2013 1500 Silverado Z71

    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Pontiac was the third highest selling brand in 2008... Buick was dead last. I understand that buick is popular overseas, but they are just boring econobox front drive rental cars. I hope if they start doing better they at least think about doing either a Grand National or a new Skylark GS... They could turn the G8 into the Skylark. Either way it's sad. The first car I ever paid for with my own money growing up was a 1992 GTA 5.7, and I have owned nothing but pontiacs (besides the brief lapse in judgement when I bought a charger R/T) ever since.
    Yeah but buick isnt just popular over seas, its the number 1 selling car in the number 1 economic country right now. It would be sooooooo bad if GM were to throw that away.

  15. #35
    Army of 1 wooddaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alachua, Fl
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,733

    Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yeah but buick isnt just popular over seas, its the number 1 selling car in the number 1 economic country right now. It would be sooooooo bad if GM were to throw that away.
    Yeah I know it is good for business. They are just boring cars. Hopefully the camaro sells as well as they think it will.

  16. #36
    Member 408WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Houston
    Age
    50
    Posts
    401

    Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

    wow unbelievable news

  17. #37
    Firebird Encyclopedia 9T8W66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    St. Clair Shores. Michigan
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,605

    Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

    Quote Originally Posted by m1a2d3 View Post
    just saw it on cnn
    Ok like I'm going to believe what those liberal's tell me !
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

    Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

  18. #38
    Senior Member clg82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,453
    2000 Trans Am

    Why can't I find any articles online about it?

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    Ok like I'm going to believe what those liberal's tell me !
    Hahah i would normally agree, but it looks like on monday they are no more

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    169
    i saw it on cnn maybe go to their website

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1956 Pontiac Star Chief Vs. Pontiac 2002 Trans Am WS6 - Norw
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2006, 11:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •