Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

General Info to some common questions

This is a discussion on General Info to some common questions within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pedrojcmo Well, that chaps my A$%. I guess the fact that it didn't have 17" wheels and ...

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by pedrojcmo View Post
    Well, that chaps my A$%. I guess the fact that it didn't have 17" wheels and say "RAM AIR" on the air box should have told me something. Oh, and the fact that it didn't have WS6 listed with the other codes. Well, at least I know where I stand.

Thanks
    Well if you took the time to convert it; meaning wheels, hood, airbox, and such, then you could technically look for a badge they make that says WS7 to put across your rear bumper where the WS6 would go, signifying that while you don't have a true WS6, you did take the time to get it looking like one and yours will probably be faster b/c you spent that extra money we paid for all the stock crap that gets thrown out anyway (ie: lid, exhaust) for the better flowing aftermarket components. Just my 2 cents.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk

I have a 2000 Firehawk #206 LS1 350, I have had 3 new rear end gears installed by the dealers. it started about 36,000 about 3000 to 5000 miles they go out, it know has 49,000 and is starting to leak agian. the deilers can not get it right. can i get sum help???
    Last edited by dalatm; 10-09-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Is it the Auburn diff???

pewter
    2002 pontiac trans am

does anyone know how i can pick up horsepower for trans am 310 hp.
    what can i do besides a supercharger?

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by dboylan View Post
    does anyone know how i can pick up horsepower for trans am 310 hp.
    what can i do besides a supercharger?
    Go for the cheap stuff first: LS1 motorsports lid and filter <--that's just one option of many to choose from. SLP loudmouth exhaust<---again read previous. Get a set up eibach springs, a panhard rod, and some subframe connectors. Once you do that, you're gonna get expensive. But, after doing that you are set up for more power; you can start thinking about changing out the cam, headers, electric cutout, driveshaft loop, and TA girldle. These alone will bring you over 400hp. After that you need to get a 9" or a 12 bolt b/c the rears in our beloved T.A.'s are....well lets face it, crap and they can't handle much more than that if they are going to be track abused with say a pair a nitto drag slicks.
    And that my friend is just for starters.......mod on.
    Justin Martin-LS1 ASC guy; Serving Proudly USAF Silver 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser Lmtd Edition, 5 spd. 2006 Kawasaki VN2000, Thunder Pro Charger, pwr commander, HK 2:1 sideburner, 240 rear tire. 100HP and 130ft/lbs @ rear wheel.

Black
    99' WS6 Trans-Am

01WS6 4 ME just wondering if u could help me out and let me know the specs for my car to see if its a WS6 1999 Vin no:2g2fv22g5x2216604...
    (Just bought the car and it feels like a WS6 )

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Check the RPO codes on the Driver door sticker. If it has WS6 on it, then it's a WS6. If you want your ASC #, pls provide me with the MM/YY date on the driver door sticker so I can check and see if I even have it.

Black
    99' WS6 Trans-Am

01/99 WS6 1999 Vin no:2g2fv22g5x2216604...

Thanks

Silver
    2002 LS1

Thanks to everybody for all of the great info.

red and black
    02TransAm WS6 & 2011 2SS

I have some questions. My fog lights only work when I have my lights on, it would be nice if they worked independently of the head lights...is there any way to do this?

Also, I was thinking about purchasing a preformance chip for my TransAm. Any advice?

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I have some questions. My fog lights only work when I have my lights on, it would be nice if they worked independently of the head lights...is there any way to do this?

Also, I was thinking about purchasing a preformance chip for my TransAm. Any advice?
    As far as the fog lights, you would have to hook them directly to the battery in order to have them work independantly of your driving lights. You know you can just turn the headlamp knob to the first position which turns on your driving lights and your dash lights and this will operate your fogs without your headlights right?? I used to do that all the time. As far as a chip, I've heard good things about Predator and one other, but the name is escaping me at the moment. You don't really need that kind of item though until you do some major upgrades such as a head/cam/header package or supercharger where you need to mess with the fuel/air delivery. If all you have is an intake and exhaust, it's probably a waste of money at this point. Just my humble opinion. Anyone else care to chime in??

Justin

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but , the ram air cars were the only ones to come with factory 17" wheels.

I believe they were 305 in the LT1 form and 320 HP in 98-00. 01 &02 were claimed to be 10 more HP.

Fire hawks started out at 315 in LT1 form and in 99 when they brought them back out, I think the claim was 328 due to better flowing exhaust, with the same jump in HP in 01-02. I say when they brought them back out as they didn't make a 98 from what I know.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

I agree with you on the mods for the programmer but, wouldn't it be benificial even in his form for timing and other small stuff ? At that point when he does more mods he can go back in and change what he needs. I'm not the best with this cause after I had my heads fixed after overreving the motor(long story)I installed the full exhauset and had it dyno tuned with a laptop.I haven't had to deal with a programmer.

red and black
    02TransAm WS6 & 2011 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6_4_ME View Post
    As far as the fog lights, you would have to hook them directly to the battery in order to have them work independantly of your driving lights. You know you can just turn the headlamp knob to the first position which turns on your driving lights and your dash lights and this will operate your fogs without your headlights right?? I used to do that all the time. As far as a chip, I've heard good things about Predator and one other, but the name is escaping me at the moment. You don't really need that kind of item though until you do some major upgrades such as a head/cam/header package or supercharger where you need to mess with the fuel/air delivery. If all you have is an intake and exhaust, it's probably a waste of money at this point. Just my humble opinion. Anyone else care to chime in??

Justin
    Thanks! I am saving my $$$ for a super cahrger and when it hits 100,000 miles, then I will seriously consider putting one on. Yes...I know that about the fog lights. I want to be able to just turn them on and not have to have my headlight flipped up. So how do I do that? How do I connect the fog lights to my battery?

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

You should be able to turn them on with just the parking lights on.I believe someone already mentioned it.When the lights are off, turn the headlight switch 1 notch to the right,this should not pop up the headlights.If it does then there is something wrong.After you turn the switch 1 notch go just below the headlight switch and turn on the fog lamps.If this does not work, something is wrong.I'm not trying to be a smartass but it came from the factory being able to do this.

If you can't get this to work then something else electrical is messed up or wired wrong to prevent this.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Thanks! I am saving my $$$ for a super cahrger and when it hits 100,000 miles, then I will seriously consider putting one on. Yes...I know that about the fog lights. I want to be able to just turn them on and not have to have my headlight flipped up. So how do I do that? How do I connect the fog lights to my battery?
    Again, all you have to do is turn on your parking lights. Which like we said is just 1 notch to the right from "OFF" on the headlamp switch. As long as the fog light switch is turned on also, they should come on with your parking lamps. I never turned my fog light switch off. PM me with your # if you'd like and I'll walk you through it. Also to piggy back on anniversary, unless you are planning on dyno tuning, then the programmer is a waste of money right now b/c you really need to see what kind of power you're making and where with the mods you got on a chassis dyno to really make a noticeable difference.

Justin

red and black
    02TransAm WS6 & 2011 2SS

OK, there is a problem...my head lights do not do that. What could the problem be? When I trun the knob to the right, weither my fog light are on or off my "eyelids" pop up. The lights are not shining, but still poped up. I want them to stay down, but have my fog lights on.
    My car is too fast for me as it is! Going from a sunfire to this...BIG difference! I only have 40,000miles on it...so I have some time to think about what i want to do. How do you find out all the stats on your vehicle? The man I bought it from said he switched out the axel for a preformance ratio axel? What does that do? Make it faster?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

OK, there is a problem...my head lights do not do that. What could the problem be? When I trun the knob to the right, weither my fog light are on or off my "eyelids" pop up. The lights are not shining, but still poped up. I want them to stay down, but have my fog lights on.
    My car is too fast for me as it is! Going from a sunfire to this...BIG difference! I only have 40,000miles on it...so I have some time to think about what i want to do. How do you find out all the stats on your vehicle? The man I bought it from said he switched out the axel for a preformance ratio axel? What does that do? Make it faster?
    one of two ways to find out what you have. take your car and VIN# to a Pontiac dealership, have them run the vin and print off all the options and standard equipment that was ordered for the car. OR if you have a production number/code number book you can read the codes that are on the inside of your drivers door and match up codes that way to see what you have. Code research is fun...lol, esp in my profession

red and black
    02TransAm WS6 & 2011 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    one of two ways to find out what you have. take your car and VIN# to a Pontiac dealership, have them run the vin and print off all the options and standard equipment that was ordered for the car. OR if you have a production number/code number book you can read the codes that are on the inside of your drivers door and match up codes that way to see what you have. Code research is fun...lol, esp in my profession
    If I give you the numbers on the inside of my door will you look up the info? I don't have a production number/code number book. But I would like to know!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

If I give you the numbers on the inside of my door will you look up the info? I don't have a production number/code number book. But I would like to know!
    sure thing...PM my your VIN# and door code numbers and I can help you out.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-25-2014, 03:55 AM

Thread Information