Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

General Info to some common questions

This is a discussion on General Info to some common questions within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Many thanks Justin. And a very Merry Christmas to you too....

Paul Hardwick

Thanks

Many thanks Justin.
    And a very Merry Christmas to you too.

Black
    1998 WS6 Trans Am

Hello all-

Can anyone help me find my build number? THANK YOU

RED
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 6SPD

Asc #

I WANT TO KNOW MY ASC #, CAN YOU HELP MUCH THANX:

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Asc#

PM me the year and vin# on your car pls. Also, check out the ASC thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Black
    1998 WS6 Trans Am

Thank you-

2G2FV22G8W2228633

1998 TRANS AM

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

hood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

negative, WS6's have the quatroport hood, the regular TA's have only dual nostrils. There are however after market hoods in the WS6 style as well as firehawk and Mecham.

What is a quatroport hood vs the TA hood? Can you give more details?

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Hoods

Well I'm sure you've seen a regular TA hood and a WS6 hood. The regular has two inlets and the WS6 hood adds two more inlets to that on top of the regular ones to accomodate the higher airbox opening of the WS6. 2 upr and 2 lwr. Thus the name quatroport.

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

Oh ok, I thought you meant a fake Ram Air Hood. I was thinking to deep instead of the regular hood and the high WS6 hood. Thanks.

Black
    2002 WS6 Trans Am M6

In 2001 and 2002, everything remained relatively the same with the exception of an LS6 manifold instead of the stock LS1 manifold. HP increase by about 10hp. In 01 and 02, some T/A received an LS6 block due to a casting shortage of LS1 blocks. SO if you are curious if you have an LS6 block, below the rear of the drivers side head is a block casting number. If the last 4 digits are 1168, then you've got an LS6 block

Any suggestions on the easiest way to see this number? Thanks.

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

LS6 block.

To go along with what josh said, here is a thread with pictures and explanation.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...86&postcount=8

SOM
    1998 Z28-408 l92 stroker

noones said anything about the firehawks and there differences vs. the ws6 and reg t/a

metalic blue
    2000 trans am

i just noticed my oil pressure car reach almost 80psi under acceleration when its warm. how do i back it down?

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by Qwk94Z28
    noones said anything about the firehawks and there differences vs. the ws6 and reg t/a
    Basically a stock firehawk (untouched by SLP) gets a different hood, wheels, and exhaust as well and I think some other suspension stuff. You could order a 345 hp SLP package on them though which wasn't avail on the WS6. Now, the one thing firehawks don't get which I believe gives the WS6 owners the ever so slight advantage (and usually only at higher speeds) is the raised airbox. They have the tiny opening like the regular TA's. Anyone else care to chime in??

Orig Regist: 9/98

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS6 'Vert

Gear Ratios

One thing yet to be mentioned here (and I see this question all the time):

I know the following to be valid for LS1 ('98-'02) f-bods, and believe it to be valid for LT1 ('93-'97) f-bods as well.

All 4th gen 6-speed (M6) cars came w/ 3.42 posi rears. SLP offered a couple of posi options (Torsen, Auburn, etc) on SS and 'Hawks, but no variations on the ratio AFAIK.

The standard rear gear in V8 automatic (A4) cars was 2.73, w/ 3.23 offered as an option. The SS, Hawk and WS6 cars w/ A4s required this 3.23 gear as a "mandatory" option.

I'm nearly positive that all V8 4-gen f-bods had posi-trac differentials standard.

Also, clarification on the factory HP ratings of non-SLP-optioned LS1 f-bods:

'98-'00 rated 305 HP, 320 w/ SS, WS6
    '01-'02 rated 310 HP, 325 w/ SS, WS6
    Last edited by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag; 05-31-2006 at 06:17 AM.

Johnny B - '98 "Triple Black" WS6 Convert, M6, All Options, ASC #3030 (1 of 50)
    KBDDSFC, DGM C/F Tonneau, MTI C/F Lid, K&N, HPP-III, 160 T-stat, Pro 5.0
    Link to Firebird Production Breakdowns

Black
    2002 Trans am ws6

Hi everyone, I am new on here and just wanted to chime in on the diffs between a T/A and a WS.6. One difference that no one mentions is that WS.6's have a spacer between the rubber jounce bumper and the frame over the rear axel to provide for the bigger wheels. The SS's have these too. Just thought I would add my two cents. Rich

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6_4_ME View Post
    Basically a stock firehawk (untouched by SLP) gets a different hood, wheels, and exhaust as well and I think some other suspension stuff. You could order a 345 hp SLP package on them though which wasn't avail on the WS6. Now, the one thing firehawks don't get which I believe gives the WS6 owners the ever so slight advantage (and usually only at higher speeds) is the raised airbox. They have the tiny opening like the regular TA's. Anyone else care to chime in??
    What do you mean "untouched by slp"? The firehawk package starts out as a T/A and is sent to slp! Okay so it sits in their lot and they send it back "untouched".. wtf! Do ur homework, the firehawk package starts like at 4 grand over the sticker...What ever, My 02' got a "blackwing" lid from slp which is better than stock. A fiberglass hawk hood which I believe all hawk buyers got, is ram air with heat extracters built in to the hood, slp powerflow exhaust, suspension ugrade which was the bare minimal of what was offered , then the apperance package wheels and decals mats etc. and its sweet.. .

Black
    2002 TransAm Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by 01WS6_4_ME View Post
    What do you mean "untouched by slp"? The firehawk package starts out as a T/A and is sent to slp. Okay so it sits in their lot and they send it back "untouched".. wtf! Do ur homework, the firehawk package starts like at 4 grand over the sticker...What ever, My 02' got a "blackwing" lid from slp which is better than stock. A fiberglass hawk hood which I believe all hawk buyers got, is ram air with heat extracters built in to the hood, slp powerflow exhaust, then the apperance package and its sweet.. .

black
    1999 WS6 Firebird

So, "01ws6 4 me" what exactly does the WS9 option mean? All that I have been able to find is the RPO code that says "Formula Conversion"

Blue
    2007 Kawasaki ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by pedrojcmo View Post
    So, "01ws6 4 me" what exactly does the WS9 option mean? All that I have been able to find is the RPO code that says "Formula Conversion"
    WS9 is the rpo code for the formula. Every TA has this code because all TA's start life as a Formula.

black
    1999 WS6 Firebird

Well, that chaps my A$%. I guess the fact that it didn't have 17" wheels and say "RAM AIR" on the air box should have told me something. Oh, and the fact that it didn't have WS6 listed with the other codes. Well, at least I know where I stand.

Thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 05-25-2014, 03:55 AM

Thread Information