Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gas milage on stock ws6?

This is a discussion on Gas milage on stock ws6? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz window sticker on my 03 rsx-s was 24/31 and i generaly got about 22,23 out of ...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    window sticker on my 03 rsx-s was 24/31 and i generaly got about 22,23 out of it......not a lot better highway since i drive kinda fast ...at 80mph in 6th gear it was screaming close to 4k rpms....i would of loved that car a lot more had they geared 6th a lot taller.......say 2k rpms at 70 would of been nice....prolly would get 40mpg if they had done so.....belive they do this so u have enough power to speed up and pass somone easily without shifting gears...i think its rediculous and the govt should step in and do somthing about how these car manufactures are gearing there highway gear ......with 6 speeds theres no reason y a car cant be at the optimal rpms at 65 or 70 for top gas milage
    Thats why you need to modify the car, once you add an exhaust, headers, intake, and delete the cat the car not only performs better but gets better gas mileage. Mine is an 06 and i'm getting 27-28 around town. I havn't driven far enough to know what it would truely get on the highway. But you also must realize these little cars are built for performance thus the Type-S badge. That 6th gear is made to top out in, not for mpg. At 160mph in 6th gear at 8200rpm is where the car runs out, that would never happen in a taller gear. If your looking for good mpg out of a small car you need to get a corolla or something. I had a 93 civic that got 62mpg on the highway, so it can be done, 12 gallon tank & 754 miles driven on it to NC..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1mavrix View Post
    on a full tank of gas im lucky if i can get 200 miles to the tank around town..ls1 suck on gas real bad. especially when im paying 4.09 in CT.
    Keep your foot out of it. On my C5 i have added a x-pipe with Magnaflow cat back & Vararam intake & it gets right around 300 miles to a tank..

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    Thats why you need to modify the car, once you add an exhaust, headers, intake, and delete the cat the car not only performs better but gets better gas mileage. Mine is an 06 and i'm getting 27-28 around town. I havn't driven far enough to know what it would truely get on the highway. But you also must realize these little cars are built for performance thus the Type-S badge. That 6th gear is made to top out in, not for mpg. At 160mph in 6th gear at 8200rpm is where the car runs out, that would never happen in a taller gear. If your looking for good mpg out of a small car you need to get a corolla or something. I had a 93 civic that got 62mpg on the highway, so it can be done, 12 gallon tank & 754 miles driven on it to NC..
    is 160mph REALLY nessesary?? 140mph in 5th isnt fast enough??? a quick lil car like that which also got 40mpg would be one hell of a sale.....id stil own mine for a 2nd car .........every car short of an exotic ( ferrari) with 6 gears should get VERY good highway milage...its rediculous to have a 6th gear that is also for acceleration with 4 dollar a gallon gas prices

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

is 160mph REALLY nessesary?? 140mph in 5th isnt fast enough??? a quick lil car like that which also got 40mpg would be one hell of a sale.....id stil own mine for a 2nd car .........every car short of an exotic ( ferrari) with 6 gears should get VERY good highway milage...its rediculous to have a 6th gear that is also for acceleration with 4 dollar a gallon gas prices
    Is it really nessesary, sure i think so. It'll leave a stang at its 140 top. Its like a gun or a rubber. I'd rather have one and not need it than to need it and not have it and with k-pro the car goes to jdm spec from its 81-8200 redline to j-spec 8600 redline. Even something like Ferrari should get good mpg, their 12-18 freeway mpg is rediculous. Because of that i'll never own one. Instead i'll fix up my vette to smokem & still get better mpg. As fine as they are i still am forced to be practicle.

red/black
    02 WS6/96 VR4/07 ZX10R

just picked my 02 t/a up from NY. I live in detroit and it was about a 630 mile drive. My wife drove my 07 impala back and I drove the t/a back (m6). The Impala was getting a consistant 33 MPG and the Trans Am was a consistant 29 MPG. Cruise control on most of the time. Even with all the mountains I was pretty damn impressed with the gas milage considering it is a V8.

On a side not my 3000gt Vr4 being a V6 even staying out of the boost in sixth gear on cruise the best fuel economy I've ever recieved was 24MPG. With that being said if I ever had to get rid of any on the toys because of fuel economy the trans am would be the last to go!

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGREDZ View Post
    just picked my 02 t/a up from NY. I live in detroit and it was about a 630 mile drive. My wife drove my 07 impala back and I drove the t/a back (m6). The Impala was getting a consistant 33 MPG and the Trans Am was a consistant 29 MPG. Cruise control on most of the time. Even with all the mountains I was pretty damn impressed with the gas milage considering it is a V8.

On a side not my 3000gt Vr4 being a V6 even staying out of the boost in sixth gear on cruise the best fuel economy I've ever recieved was 24MPG. With that being said if I ever had to get rid of any on the toys because of fuel economy the trans am would be the last to go!
    Sounds pretty good, put some good plugs, oil, intake & cat back and that number is sure to go up. I'm surprised the gt is that bad on gas.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by LS1mavrix View Post
    on a full tank of gas im lucky if i can get 200 miles to the tank around town..ls1 suck on gas real bad. especially when im paying 4.09 in CT.
    there are many people that would strongly disagree with this statement

pewter

Is it really nessesary, sure i think so. It'll leave a stang at its 140 top. Its like a gun or a rubber. I'd rather have one and not need it than to need it and not have it and with k-pro the car goes to jdm spec from its 81-8200 redline to j-spec 8600 redline. Even something like Ferrari should get good mpg, their 12-18 freeway mpg is rediculous. Because of that i'll never own one. Instead i'll fix up my vette to smokem & still get better mpg. As fine as they are i still am forced to be practicle.
    so its more important to leave a stang at 140 plus than get bettter gas milage??? lol ......if u say so.....its an rsx-s not a ferrari.....ment to be a sporty compact car...if i could of changed 6th to a much taller gear i would have in a heartbeat ...that car accelerated ungodly slow at 120 plus anyways......took me yrs to get her close to 140 ( racing a gsr integra.....dead even till 130 or so then the fucker must of hit some spray cuz he left me standing still) made me miss my z so i bought another.....

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

so its more important to leave a stang at 140 plus than get bettter gas milage??? lol ......if u say so.....its an rsx-s not a ferrari.....ment to be a sporty compact car...if i could of changed 6th to a much taller gear i would have in a heartbeat ...that car accelerated ungodly slow at 120 plus anyways......took me yrs to get her close to 140 ( racing a gsr integra.....dead even till 130 or so then the fucker must of hit some spray cuz he left me standing still) made me miss my z so i bought another.....
    You must of had a pos, i blow gsr's away and the car is fast up to 140. I also have a 93 civic with a b18c5 motor and the rsx is faster. plus a C5 & Z28. Plus the rsx is getting 27-28 mpg around town, what more could you ask for.

pewter

You must of had a pos, i blow gsr's away and the car is fast up to 140. I also have a 93 civic with a b18c5 motor and the rsx is faster. plus a C5 & Z28. Plus the rsx is getting 27-28 mpg around town, what more could you ask for.
    its FAST to 140???? u sure u have a c5??? and that gsr i raced was NOT stock..hard to compare a stock car to a modded one of any kind especially without knowing a thing about the other car.......are u on the right forum? i guess compared to a caviler its fast .....it was a quick economical car that looked good and handled great for what it was stock....nothing more ..im far from bashing the rsx-s but they fucked up on 6th gear big time in my opinion

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

its FAST to 140???? u sure u have a c5??? and that gsr i raced was NOT stock..hard to compare a stock car to a modded one of any kind especially without knowing a thing about the other car.......are u on the right forum? i guess compared to a caviler its fast .....it was a quick economical car that looked good and handled great for what it was stock....nothing more ..im far from bashing the rsx-s but they fucked up on 6th gear big time in my opinion
    None of my cars are stock.. For a 4cyl i'd say its a fast car, i beat an evo on the interstae a few weeks ago and about a month ago i raced a C6 in it & he beat me by about 5 car lengths. I'm not sure what your saying but the rsx isn't faster than my C5 if thats what your thinking but like i said none of my cars are stock. In a few months the RSX will be putting down 300 to the wheels which will beat up a lot of cars up..

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

I'll take some pic's tomorrow..

pewter

None of my cars are stock.. For a 4cyl i'd say its a fast car, i beat an evo on the interstae a few weeks ago and about a month ago i raced a C6 in it & he beat me by about 5 car lengths. I'm not sure what your saying but the rsx isn't faster than my C5 if thats what your thinking but like i said none of my cars are stock. In a few months the RSX will be putting down 300 to the wheels which will beat up a lot of cars up..
    if u can put it to the ground..always seemed like a waste to me supping up the rsx...why bother? ..and for a 4cyl?? y not just buy somthing with a big engine to begin with? i thought it would be enough to make me happy only owning the one car....haha not a chance....owning a 99z28 before the rsx i wouldnt of even THOUGHT about racing an ls1 in the rsx...or even an lt1 for that matter ..there no comparison...my buddy currently owns my 03 rsx-s..weve raced just fuckin around many many times...not once has he even taking me from the start at a light...difficult to launch that fwd ....its a fantastic car for what it is ....how modded is your rsx that u beat an evo? intake, exhaust, hondata? those engines are very very hard to squeeze hp out of for the money past that..with those mods your looking at 220 hp vs the stock 200 and for 2500 bucks ..u could throw a jackson racing blower on it then your at what..270? now uve spent what it would cost for a used ls1 that would be even faster out of the box

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

if u can put it to the ground..always seemed like a waste to me supping up the rsx...why bother? ..and for a 4cyl?? y not just buy somthing with a big engine to begin with? i thought it would be enough to make me happy only owning the one car....haha not a chance....owning a 99z28 before the rsx i wouldnt of even THOUGHT about racing an ls1 in the rsx...or even an lt1 for that matter ..there no comparison...my buddy currently owns my 03 rsx-s..weve raced just fuckin around many many times...not once has he even taking me from the start at a light...difficult to launch that fwd ....its a fantastic car for what it is ....how modded is your rsx that u beat an evo? intake, exhaust, hondata? those engines are very very hard to squeeze hp out of for the money past that..with those mods your looking at 220 hp vs the stock 200 and for 2500 bucks ..u could throw a jackson racing blower on it then your at what..270? now uve spent what it would cost for a used ls1 that would be even faster out of the box
    I've just always liked small cars, fun to drive and easy to park. A cai, DCRH, exhaust, K-Pro & RBC make a big difference. Stock is 201 to the crank, I'm at 226 to the wheels. Keep in mind there is a big difference between crank hp & wheel hp. With the JRSC setup i will be running soon it'll be at 290-300 to the wheels, on a 2700lbs car that makes for fast. But that will take a little longer since i'm trying to get the civic back up and running and i may even take longer because i want to mod the C5 more. I have a friend with a ws6 but he wouldn't race me in my RSX but he did race me in my C5 & hung there for a sec, in his words he said " i hung with you there for a sec till you walked me"
    I don't understand why he won't race the RSX, i think he'll beat me but i wanted to know by how much. Also keep in mind f-bodies only put out 260-270 tho the wheels stock..

pewter

I've just always liked small cars, fun to drive and easy to park. A cai, DCRH, exhaust, K-Pro & RBC make a big difference. Stock is 201 to the crank, I'm at 226 to the wheels. Keep in mind there is a big difference between crank hp & wheel hp. With the JRSC setup i will be running soon it'll be at 290-300 to the wheels, on a 2700lbs car that makes for fast. But that will take a little longer since i'm trying to get the civic back up and running and i may even take longer because i want to mod the C5 more. I have a friend with a ws6 but he wouldn't race me in my RSX but he did race me in my C5 & hung there for a sec, in his words he said " i hung with you there for a sec till you walked me"
    I don't understand why he won't race the RSX, i think he'll beat me but i wanted to know by how much. Also keep in mind f-bodies only put out 260-270 tho the wheels stock..
    ls1 fbodys generaly are closer to 290 to the wheels stock...lingenfelter dynoed my at 287 to the rear wheels before the conversion with 0 miles on the car and it was a bare z28 not a ws6..never EVER seen an ls1 dyno in the 260s rwhp..whats dcrh? and rbc? i relize the diff in crank/whl hp....so your roughly making 250s flywheel horse now? jackson racing advertises 50 or 60 MORE hp from there blower set up vs stock..do u have a blower? i did research on modding that motor when i had the car ....they cost an arm and a leg to sqeeze more hp out of most honda engines ..no clue y your buddy wont race u...if i had a stock ls1 6speed id be all over it from any speed u like for money as your car currently sits

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

ls1 fbodys generaly are closer to 290 to the wheels stock...lingenfelter dynoed my at 287 to the rear wheels before the conversion with 0 miles on the car and it was a bare z28 not a ws6..never EVER seen an ls1 dyno in the 260s rwhp..whats dcrh? and rbc? i relize the diff in crank/whl hp....so your roughly making 250s flywheel horse now? jackson racing advertises 50 or 60 MORE hp from there blower set up vs stock..do u have a blower? i did research on modding that motor when i had the car ....they cost an arm and a leg to sqeeze more hp out of most honda engines ..no clue y your buddy wont race u...if i had a stock ls1 6speed id be all over it from any speed u like for money as your car currently sits
    How do you figure a stock 300hp car dyno's 290. Also it depends on what dyno it is, some lie more than others. Of course its not a ws6 since it would then have to be a pontiac or in your case an SS. I've seen it, a stock C5 A4 only puts down 299 to the wheels. Probably closer to 260whp but its not all in the numbers. DCRH is DC Sports race header and RBC is an intake manifold.
    Yes stock 5psi put 60 whp. I will start with the 5psi kit and up to the 11psi kit. Even with a hard launce at 11psi the car will run 12's & get 30mpg. I don't have it yet but i will soon, keep in mind i've only had it maybe 6 months but since the car is paid for the mods will pile in even quicker. I just spoke to my friend a min ago and he says he'll race me now as long as its not in the C5 & good frinds race for fun not money. The guy thats putting my B motor back in my civic had his 92 hatch making 650whp in a b16 2.1 stroker, so don't say you can't make power in them and the K motor is a great motor, take a stock K20z1 into a 92-95 hatch and it'll walk circle around a fully moded evo.

pewter

are u for real???? u own 2 ls1 cars and have NO idea what they put down to the rear wheels???? do some reasearch on this site...gm far underrated the ls1's in the fbodys too keep more of a difference between it and the vettes rated hp ....u can make power in anything for enough money!!! now y somone would want to do it in a fwd slush box is beyond me.......so u increased the hp in your rsx-s 50 PLUS horses to the flywheel with exhaust,intake, and the hondata??? do u have a dyno? i would of likely done those mods had i read what u say is true..i read otherwise 3 yrs ago...i remember those mods equaling 20-30 horses not 50-60

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

are u for real???? u own 2 ls1 cars and have NO idea what they put down to the rear wheels???? do some reasearch on this site...gm far underrated the ls1's in the fbodys too keep more of a difference between it and the vettes rated hp ....u can make power in anything for enough money!!! now y somone would want to do it in a fwd slush box is beyond me.......so u increased the hp in your rsx-s 50 PLUS horses to the flywheel with exhaust,intake, and the hondata??? do u have a dyno? i would of likely done those mods had i read what u say is true..i read otherwise 3 yrs ago...i remember those mods equaling 20-30 horses not 50-60
    I know an a4 C5 puts just at 300 to the wheels, thats a fact. I could also say the samething about a heavy gas guzzler, but i'm not racist towrds cars as you are. I'm not a big ford fan but i would never put someone down for owning one. I did a road tune on it, no need to waste money on a duno until its super charged. But my friend that i got my mods from and i have the same mods does have a dyno to prove it. The mods make good power, a bone stock supercharged rsx makes 230 to the wheels, so the mods are worth while. No tune with the RBC it makes 217 then jumps to 226 w/ tune.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Anyways...back on topic, my WS6 M6 gets 20 to 21.5 mpg mixed hiway and city.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Anyways...back on topic, my WS6 M6 gets 20 to 21.5 mpg mixed hiway and city.
    How many miles to a full tank?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information