Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Gas milage on stock ws6?

This is a discussion on Gas milage on stock ws6? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by summy 00 WS6 m6 stock and getting 28 highway 18 city and we still have to pay ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by summy View Post
    00 WS6 m6 stock and getting 28 highway 18 city and we still have to pay the gas guzzler tax, WTF!!!

????

As far as I know, no GM car has ever been subject to the gas guzzler tax, with the possible exception of the upcoming ZR1.

Black
    1999 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    In reality though, the M6's do better than that. Look at the numbers that people post on here. It has alot to do with driving habbits also.
    Or worse....

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

In reality though, the M6's do better than that. Look at the numbers that people post on here. It has alot to do with driving habbits also.
    When your use to it it can seem ok. When i killed my last DD i drove the C5 daily for a few months & thats when i really noticed the diffeence. Now its back to a weekender & all is much better. No matter what is done the C5 will never get 400 miles to a tank around town like i'm doing now..

Red
    2001 ws6

00 WS6 m6 stock and getting 28 highway 18 city and we still have to pay the gas guzzler tax, WTF!!!
    no we dont, thats why we have those little annoying CAGS in our cars, GM's way to avoid the gas guzzling tax......

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Updated: I have been hot rodding the hell out of my car (at least 8-10 WOT runs) and driving it on my commute past couple times and managed 25.x mpg still... I love this thing..

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

wow nice, well that definately steers me towards gettin the ws6 instead of settling for the T/A thanks for all the input, i've only seen 98's with quite a few miles go for my price range, i'm hoping to find a 00-02 in dallas, thanks for the inputs.

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont think ws6 or regular TA has ANYTHING to do with gas mileage, same motor, same tranny, the only difference is a slightly ?free-er?(sp) flowing exhaust, slight suspension upgrades and rims.....your going to get better gas mileage on the m6 over the a4 however, but the model of the car has nothing to do with it

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

My 98 A4 with a 3.42 rear is tuned for premium only. Ported TB and magnaflow muffler, in town only getting 17.5 MPG. Pretty much the same if I baby it or race it around. All my driving is in town so dont know highway on it.

Red
    2001 ws6

i dont see how your getting the same gas mileage if u run it WOT or baby it

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i dont think ws6 or regular TA has ANYTHING to do with gas mileage, same motor, same tranny, the only difference is a slightly ?free-er?(sp) flowing exhaust, slight suspension upgrades and rims.....your going to get better gas mileage on the m6 over the a4 however, but the model of the car has nothing to do with it
    One could argue that with a free-er flowing exhaust and intake the engine is more efficient. I would say stock vs. stock a WS6 will get slightly better gas mileage based on that, but nothing to shake a stick at really.

Red
    99 Trans Am, M6

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i dont see how your getting the same gas mileage if u run it WOT or baby it
    Yea that makes no sense. However, one thing that makes PERFECT sense is that you and I have the two best looking Trans Ams on Long Island.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Vertiviper View Post
    Yea that makes no sense. However, one thing that makes PERFECT sense is that you and I have the two best looking Trans Ams on Long Island.
    im going to have to agree with that one

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

31MPG with bolt-ons. Highway. M6.
    29MPG bone stock on the highway.

20MPG now. 4.11's. A few power mods.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

Not alot of places to run WOT for long but racing light to light or putting around about the same. I took it to the drag strip for the day. That tank only dropped to 17 even mpg. This summer Im going to take it on vacation, we will see how the highway MPG goes.

Black
    2002 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer25f View Post
    Not alot of places to run WOT for long but racing light to light or putting around about the same. I took it to the drag strip for the day. That tank only dropped to 17 even mpg. This summer Im going to take it on vacation, we will see how the highway MPG goes.
    looking to take it on vacation? you're ready to put some serious milage on it then eh?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Originally Posted by summy View Post
    ????

As far as I know, no GM car has ever been subject to the gas guzzler tax, with the possible exception of the upcoming ZR1.
    Yeah the gas guzzler tax is usually for Lambos, Porches, Vipers...but Caprice and Cad Allante were gas guzzle taxed in the early 90s.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

hmm...I did some more research and found the 04-06 GTO, 05 CTS-V, and 05ish and up Cadillac STS and XLR were also given the gas guzzler tax.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    hmm...I did some more research and found the 04-06 GTO, 05 CTS-V, and 05ish and up Cadillac STS and XLR were also given the gas guzzler tax.
    thats why to get a six speed on the 04 GTOs was an $800 option, but you didnt have to pay the $1000 gas guzzler tax. So you still saved $200 with the standard tranny

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    This is also why my DD is a RSX-S that gets 28mpg around town.. Window sticker on my C5 says 25 highway.
    window sticker on my 03 rsx-s was 24/31 and i generaly got about 22,23 out of it......not a lot better highway since i drive kinda fast ...at 80mph in 6th gear it was screaming close to 4k rpms....i would of loved that car a lot more had they geared 6th a lot taller.......say 2k rpms at 70 would of been nice....prolly would get 40mpg if they had done so.....belive they do this so u have enough power to speed up and pass somone easily without shifting gears...i think its rediculous and the govt should step in and do somthing about how these car manufactures are gearing there highway gear ......with 6 speeds theres no reason y a car cant be at the optimal rpms at 65 or 70 for top gas milage
    Last edited by tonyjnjz; 05-10-2008 at 07:50 AM.

White
    98 T/A

Angry

on a full tank of gas im lucky if i can get 200 miles to the tank around town..ls1 suck on gas real bad. especially when im paying 4.09 in CT.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information