Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 0rion

Gaining HP

This is a discussion on Gaining HP within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So before you say it, yes I am new to this so give me a break lol. I have a ...

Blue
    2002 Trans Am ws6

Question Gaining HP

So before you say it, yes I am new to this so give me a break lol. I have a 2002 Trans Am ws6 all stock nothing changed except magnaflow exhaust. it is an automatic transmission. I want to know the easiest but cheap way to gain HP it doesnt need to gan like a couple hundred but just the cheapest way to gain like 50-100 or so whatever works best ha. sorry for me not knowing im just trying to figure it out. thanks!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the short answer.....spray. Remember this saying. Fast-cheap-reliable......pick 2. Being an auto a stall should be in your future. No matter which way you go there's really not going to be a cheap route to go fast. If you do cheap out you'll pay one way or the other down the road. I would say start with headers, stall, and a tune. Then go from there.
    SMWS6TA likes this.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Spray is the way to make alot (50-100hp) of power fast and fairly cheap. BUT, you gotta change a few things like timing and spark plugs at least. The stall convertor will not give you any more horsepower, but will give you about a 1/2 second faster times at the track. A 1/2 second may not sound like a huge gain, but when it comes to 1/4 mile times, that is VERY significant.

Red
    2001 ws6

What is "cheap" to you? Give us a price range and we can guide you further.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the short answer.....spray. Remember this saying. Fast-cheap-reliable......pick 2. Being an auto a stall should be in your future. No matter which way you go there's really not going to be a cheap route to go fast. If you do cheap out you'll pay one way or the other down the road. I would say start with headers, stall, and a tune. Then go from there.
    words to live by

Blue
    2002 Trans Am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post

Okay, so if I start with headers what should I get and does anything else needs to be upgraded and cheap but reliable would be nice ( a shop will be doing all the work)

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by ColinK View Post
    Okay, so if I start with headers what should I get and does anything else needs to be upgraded and cheap but reliable would be nice ( a shop will be doing all the work)
    While you're doing the headers I would do the plugs and wires. Are you going to delete the cats?
    The Sexy Plain Jane

Blue
    2002 Trans Am ws6

yeah my engine light came on and i checked and it said they werent working properly anyways so they're getting taken out so is there any way i can keep headers under $1000-$1500?

Red
    2001 ws6

Yes. Pacesetters with ORY around 450/500. Plugs and wires another 100. Plus whatever your shop charges to install them.

Thread Information