Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

G8 GXP vs. 02 WS6

This is a discussion on G8 GXP vs. 02 WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by mpfranks well whatever it is, its a 6.0L either way... they ran a 6.0L in the vette ...

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    well whatever it is, its a 6.0L either way... they ran a 6.0L in the vette and it sucked, thats why they changed it. and GTO's 6.0L had "more hp" but didnt even out perform the LS1. regardless of the name, i personally dont care for a 6.0L unless its in a truck.

and i guess thats where we can agree to disagree. i dont care about loading a ton of people and cargo into my sports car. hell if i could i would have a ferrari and no one would ride with me. i already said that the G8 is an awesome car, but its an awesome DD, no replacement for my TA.
    You sound like a complete moron! Do you even know jack shit about the 6.0 or just running your mouth because you think the almighty ls1 is god?

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    You sound like a complete moron! Do you even know jack shit about the 6.0 or just running your mouth because you think the almighty ls1 is god?
    no, i didnt say that. why can i not think that? the ls2 is my least favorite lsx motor. how can you call me a moron for having a different opinion than you?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

no, i didnt say that. why can i not think that? the ls2 is my least favorite lsx motor. how can you call me a moron for having a different opinion than you?
    Most of the statements you made were either incorrect or just plain foolish. Just curious what makes you not like the ls2? It's a great motor. Is it the best, No. Still very good.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Most of the statements you made were either incorrect or just plain foolish. Just curious what makes you not like the ls2? It's a great motor. Is it the best, No. Still very good.
    right, still good. i was being harsh when i said it sucked. but it is my least favorite of the LS series motors. its because i dont care for the power:displacement ratio. i think the LS6 is a more impressive motor. being a 350 and putting out more hp than the 364 LS2. i never said the LS1 was "god," but it does hold a special place in my heart for being the first LS motor. i guess i would say the LS6, LS7, and LS9 (just because its so BA), are my favorite motors because of the power to displacement ratio

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

and what did i say that was incorrect? other than being confused that the G8 has an L76 and not an LS2, which was already posted is almost the same exact motor.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

right, still good. i was being harsh when i said it sucked. but it is my least favorite of the LS series motors. its because i dont care for the power:displacement ratio. i think the LS6 is a more impressive motor. being a 350 and putting out more hp than the 364 LS2. i never said the LS1 was "god," but it does hold a special place in my heart for being the first LS motor. i guess i would say the LS6, LS7, and LS9 (just because its so BA), are my favorite motors because of the power to displacement ratio
    I have to say, you could easily make an LS2 beastlier than an LS6. They're already nearly identical (hp and torque wise).

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I have to say, you could easily make an LS2 beastlier than an LS6. They're already nearly identical (hp and torque wise).
    true, but i am talking stock. you can make any motor beefy with the right know-how

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

true, but i am talking stock. you can make any motor beefy with the right know-how
    I mean, extremely easy. Just open up the intake and it'll blow an LS6 off the map. They're basically the same engine, just different displacement.

I love all GM motors.

Favorites-

1)LS7
    2)LS9
    3)LS1 (only because I have one)

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post

I love all GM motors.

Favorites-

1)LS7
    2)LS9
    3)LS1 (only because I have one)
    hey i love them all too!

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

This thread has been jacked, back to the original topic people.

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    This thread has been jacked, back to the original topic people.
    Yeah, whoops.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information