Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

G8 GXP vs. 02 WS6

This is a discussion on G8 GXP vs. 02 WS6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird Viking funeral!! Man, I like that. You've got to be in the car though (and preferably ...

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Viking funeral!!

Man, I like that. You've got to be in the car though (and preferably already dead).
    Hahahahaha. Send me off in a blaze of glory.

Still The Junior Member RedVertTA's Avatar

Red+White Top and Stripes
    2000TransAmConvertible A4

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    Probably around the same time liberals realize they're communists.
    I second that.

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I will get one , but I am still keeping my TA cause its paid off and then I am taking key to the trans am from the wife and keep on building on to it
    UMI sfc,whisper lid,k-n,diablo,shift kit,kooks long tubes-N-y-pipe,Borla 3" cat-back,power bond underdrive pulley,msd wires,front- baer gt brakes, slotted and drilled rotors , braided lines,tuned and dyno'd.345 HP and 354 torque

black
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

My car will be so far from stock that value probably won't matter anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    My car will be so far from stock that value probably won't matter anyhow.
    As long as it's numbers matching block its fine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

i plan on keeping my car till i'm dead baring i don't wreck it. No one is on this forum who doesn't LOVE their car, i doubt anyone drives a bird just cause they found a good deal on one or they needed a car. I don't think that the camaro will be as strong with the fifth gen but the TA should considering they are the last gen

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    i plan on keeping my car till i'm dead baring i don't wreck it. No one is on this forum who doesn't LOVE their car, i doubt anyone drives a bird just cause they found a good deal on one or they needed a car. I don't think that the camaro will be as strong with the fifth gen but the TA should considering they are the last gen
    Shit. I never thought about that. God dammit My cars definitely going down when I die then.

Blog Entries

Metallic Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    GXP is more practical if you only want one car. or you could keep the TA and buy a nice used family sedan and still be money ahead.
    That's what I just did! I just bought a '06 Hyundai Sonata automatic 4-banger with 30,000 miles on it. I use that for my 100 mile round trip to work + sales appointments and the '02 WS.6 for crusin'

I don't believe in this whole, I don't rack miles on my car thing. IMO thats just for people who intend to sell the car in the future anyway and want to keep it's value higher. If you intend to keep your car it wouldn't matter the number of miles on it. Okay more miles are more wear and tear but things will have to get replaced anyway, you're only prolonging the inevitable at that point.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

I personally would forget the GXP if you can handle the auto. Get the GT and your looking at 25-28k out the door. The money you save put towards stall, tires, nitrous, hell even boost. Bye bye GXP. I have heard nothing but great things from the A6 in the new GT. I would buy one in a heart beat, but simply have no purpose for one. It all depends on the styling you like. For me the T/A wins in looks, but overall if your going to have one car take the G8.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by NJ2002WS.6 View Post
    That's what I just did! I just bought a '06 Hyundai Sonata automatic 4-banger with 30,000 miles on it. I use that for my 100 mile round trip to work + sales appointments and the '02 WS.6 for crusin'
    hell yea, that way you put less miles on the ws6 too

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    It all depends on the styling you like. For me the T/A wins in looks, but overall if your going to have one car take the G8.
    Styling aside there is infinitely more potential for speed and upgrades in the TA than there is in the G8. One is a coupe, the other is a 4 door sedan, there's no comparison in performance potential.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by RedVertTA View Post
    Styling aside there is infinitely more potential for speed and upgrades in the TA than there is in the G8. One is a coupe, the other is a 4 door sedan, there's no comparison in performance potential.
    Not even! The 6.0 for the GT is by far a better motor. The ls3 the GXP gets is amazing. Cam that bitch and your close to 500hp in a 4 door that can get grocerys and take the family and friends comfortably. I am glad though you figured out that one is a coupe and the other's a sedan.

Not even! The 6.0 for the GT is by far a better motor. The ls3 the GXP gets is amazing. Cam that bitch and your close to 500hp in a 4 door that can get grocerys and take the family and friends comfortably. I am glad though you figured out that one is a coupe and the other's a sedan.
    There's some things you can change and some things you can't.

In your example that's just the motor, you can swap the TA motor for something bigger, but you'll NEVER be able to fix the fact that the G8 is a larger sedan.

Even if you do cam the ls3, I'm sure a similarly modded TA could still keep up, 400 extra pounds isn't easy to haul.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Trans Am

There's some things you can change and some things you can't.

In your example that's just the motor, you can swap the TA motor for something bigger, but you'll NEVER be able to fix the fact that the G8 is a larger sedan.

Even if you do cam the ls3, I'm sure a similarly modded TA could still keep up, 400 extra pounds isn't easy to haul.
    besides that, having a cam put in, especially one that pulls 500HP, means an impractical car. It no longer becomes the sleeper grocery getter. The next thing you know that one becomes the baby that sleeps in the garage 9mo. a year (which is ridiculous). Better off using boost or spray if you want to make it an every day pavement pounder/family taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by egod View Post
    besides that, having a cam put in, especially one that pulls 500HP, means an impractical car. It no longer becomes the sleeper grocery getter. The next thing you know that one becomes the baby that sleeps in the garage 9mo. a year (which is ridiculous). Better off using boost or spray if you want to make it an every day pavement pounder/family taxi.
    Well I wouldn't go as far as to say that though. Just cause its cammed doesn't mean its not streetable, just don't pick a HUGE cam and you'll be fine.

I don't understand why everyone on this thread keeps comparing the two cars solely based on the motors they have, especially when the engine architecture is just about the only thing these cars have in common. Instead, we should instead be focusing on the things that make these cars different.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Not even! The 6.0 for the GT is by far a better motor.

4 door that can get grocerys and take the family and friends comfortably.
    ls2 is a far better motor? HA! not true. its discontinued from everything except gm sedans

and who the hell cares if you can get "grocerys" in your sports car...?

as far as the G8 goes, i love them. super sexy dd. however, they are no replacement for the TA. and for $30k id get a bmw

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    ls2 is a far better motor? HA! not true. its discontinued from everything except gm sedans

as far as the G8 goes, i love them. super sexy dd. however, they are no replacement for the TA. and for $30k id get a bmw

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post

You can still get groceries with an F-Body, I get my groceries in my car.

It would have to be an assload of groceries to get to a point to actually not fit in an F-Body.

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

You can still get groceries with an F-Body, I get my groceries in my car.

It would have to be an assload of groceries to get to a point to actually not fit in an F-Body.
    Assload of groceries. I took my mom shopping in my car once. And I must attest, that yes, there is enough room in an F-body. We pushed it to the limit and I guarantee no one would ever get the amount of groceries we got.

I once fit my full stack bass amp in my IROC Z, figure that shit out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information