Red
    1999 Trans Am

Fuel pressure and vaccum gauge install help

I'm installing a triple gauge a-pillar pod and want some suggestions on the easiest place to t in the hose for the vaccum gauge and how and where to mount the sending unit for my fuel pressure gauge. I need a line to connect the sending unit to the fuel pressure port and also need something to mount it with/to.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Only place to plumb in the fuel pressure gauge is at the front of the driver side rail. You'll need to remove the schrader valve. You can T into the vacuum line at the secondary air source line, top of the driver side rocker cover, near the back.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I realize the fuel pressure port is the easiest source to connect the sending unit, what I'm hoping to do is mount the sending unit discreetly with a line connecting it to the fuel port, basically the same as a fuel pressure gauge with a sending unit at the end of it instead of a gauge, just not sure of the proper size fittings and size line to use (I'd prefer to use braided line with -an fittings), Thanks for the tip on the vac source, will look for it tomorrow!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If you are installing the fuel pressure gauge inside the car - you want one with an electrical sending unit. Do not plumb a live fuel line to the interior of your vehicle. Maybe I misunderstood you, but it sure seems like that is what you are planning.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I wasn't aware that they made fuel pressure gauges with mechanical sending units, but to clarify the sending unit is in fact electrical, I'm simply looking to mount it discreetly under the hood as opposed to having it hang off the end of the fuel pressure port. Never saw one mounted before so I'm looking for input as to how to mount the sending unit in such a way that looks clean and neat. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my other posts.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ok - now I get it. Either the driver side fender well or under the cowl would be your best bet. I have not seen one mounted anywhere under the hood other than the end of the rail. I have fuel pressure and air/fuel on my A-pillar and a trans temp gauge mounted down low on the left side of the console that I can see through the steering wheel.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Could you possibly post a pick of how you mounted your sending unit? sounds like the simplest way to do it. This is my dd for now, it isn't a show car so I'll control the ocd. I just want safe, functional, and want it to look professional. Do you by any chance remember what thread size the adapter needs to be? Both the fuel port and sender are the same size and appear to be NPT. Also where did you run the signal wire through the firewall? Thanks for all the help!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here are some pics and a thread with info on making a run through the firewall on the driver side. You can go through on the passenger side below the PCM (have not done this, so cannot be more specific than that).

Thread:http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/running...rewall-139760/

Sender on the driver side fuel rail (not sure of thread sizes... been too long to remember):

Here's the low mounted trans temp gauge:

Thread Information