front tires rubbing fender well

This is a discussion on front tires rubbing fender well within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ok so i finally got my car back from the body shop and now i found out my front tires ...

Yellow
    2002 CETA

front tires rubbing fender well

ok so i finally got my car back from the body shop and now i found out my front tires are rubbing the front of the black plastic fender well. it looks like its only rubbing when i turn...how would i be able to move the fender well forward or out of the way so it will stop rubbing? or is there a better solution? thanks

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I had that problem when I changed the offset of my wheels. I was able to use a small block of wood just between the lip of the fender and the wheel well to push the wheel well forward enough. I might have had to do something with the bolts on the bottom front as well, but I am not certain of that as it was 3 years ago.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by dbrichrider33333 View Post
    ok so i finally got my car back from the body shop and now i found out my front tires are rubbing the front of the black plastic fender well. it looks like its only rubbing when i turn...how would i be able to move the fender well forward or out of the way so it will stop rubbing? or is there a better solution? thanks
    sounds like a possible alignment issue...

Red
    '68 Camaro RS, '11 Camaro

Don't mess with it on your own. The body shop should take care of that for you.

Red, Black
    98 T/A M6, 79 T/A 6.6L

let me know what they say the cause is.....

I just noticed my right front does this. I've also noticed my front bumper sags and opens up gaps between the hood and the front bumper enough to see the lil plastic clipbolts, but u can close the gap with miminal upwards force on the bumper...check your front clip for proper alignment, gaps, and all that jazz

why was it in the body shop in the first place? poor car..
    Last edited by goof4080; 06-15-2010 at 03:16 PM.

Yellow
    2002 CETA

thanks...ya im going to take it to another body shop..DEFINITELY not the one who did the work..a bunch of dumbasses there!! i was rearended and pretty much the whole car was redone because i also bumped into the car in front of me, but not very hard..ill let everyone know what i find out the deal is with it because it never did this before the wreck and before the body shop dicked around with it...just for an FYI..do not take your cars to Herata's Body Shop in Lowell, IN if your from around there...they dont know shit about our cars.

Drivin It Like I Stole It JWSmythe's Avatar

Silver
    '00 TransAm WS/6

Ouch.

It sounds like lots of stuff shifted. Good luck at the next shop. Hopefully they'll have someone who actually knows what they're doing.

I only know of one *good* body shop. It's a Maaco, but it's in Florida (right by the Tampa International Airport). Their work is perfect. They've done several jobs for me and friends, and you couldn't tell there had ever been a problem. Last time I took a car there, was after an accident (about 1998) in my '91 Firebird, and I had them change the color too. The front end was totally squashed, so I figured if they're painting half a car, they may as well paint the whole thing a color I actually liked. (I bought it cheap, when I didn't have a lot of money, and my other car had died, so I didn't have the luxury of getting a good color.) When I went to pick it up, I was admiring another Firebird that they had out front. I didn't realize it was mine.

Other people have had work done there, and they've been happy, so I'm guessing they're still doing a good job.

White
    1998 Trans Am

After a good hit if everything isn't within spec. these thinks happen. I would call your insurance and tell them you want the car measured on a frame rack and see the printout to make sure that it's properly repaired or that'll car;s walue will drop hard. Should never have to work the front end unledd you have stupidly large tires.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Yellow
    2002 CETA

ya state farm came out the other day and inspected it..the car drives straight as an arrow and always has..but i will tell them i would like to have it measured and see what they have to say about it.

White
    1998 Trans Am

An alignment can make it drive straight without the car being straight. A few mm can make a difference depending where it's off at.

Thread Information