Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

friend almost dies...

This is a discussion on friend almost dies... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 110 MPH in traffic, and you call the other driver stupid? Good rationa;ization, I guess... Stuff happens everywhere, every day- ...

A trained professional volleybill's Avatar

Black
    2001 Z28

110 MPH in traffic, and you call the other driver stupid? Good rationa;ization, I guess... Stuff happens everywhere, every day- debris, tire failure, deer- at 60 MPH it would have been something like, "Wow- that was close".... even a crash at half the speed would only have one-quarter the kinetic energy to disapate-

I don't know why I bother- every body is an above-average driver, and they never do that in traffic, except this once, blah blah You will eventually 'get it' either through your own experience or by seeing what happens to those that do this- sooner or later the odds catch up-

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, my tire(s) could have come apart at high speed. Then what? Catastrophic failure to the under carriage and possibly a wipe out. Even the news reports car crashes with no witnesses as: "Vehicle departed the road for no apparent reason"

Even if its' not an F-body or Corvette, smaller ricers will get up to that range in an extended stretch. Pushing it to the limits. The limits will normally find you. You won't have to go looking for them for very long.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    I've had mine up to 135mph on a straight highway with no cars. Scared me a bit but, was a rush at the same time. Weird suction sound in the cockpit but, the car was smooth as glass.
    our weather stripping ect isnt designed to seal over about 110mph. that sound is air rushing in and out of your compartment.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Too bad. 110 with other cars right next to you? Stupid stupid stupid.

You really think the driver that cut him off was in the wrong? Is He/She supposed to check their mirrors every milla second for a car traveling 110 MPH??? He/She could have just looked not 2 seconds before moving over. And the Fbod was already there. 110 MPH is 161 FEET PER SECOND. Amazing huh? The other driver I almost guaranteed DID look in their mirrors before lane changes. Then they looked up like most before moving over. This was not because of other stupid drivers, it was because of one (1) stupid driver. I feel very bad for the other people in the car. I hope they all had their seat belts on. The driver, is a dumbass.

I have done 110 one time in my car, it was at 7:30 AM on a Saturday morning with Zero people on the Express way. Your friend made a very poor decision, and it bit him and others in the ass.

Hope everyone survives.
    ^ What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GUNS View Post
    I've had mine up to 135mph on a straight highway with no cars. Scared me a bit but, was a rush at the same time. Weird suction sound in the cockpit but, the car was smooth as glass.
    And I've buried my speedo 1 time, and I will NEVER do it again!!! What a rush though...And it was done mid day on a 2 lane highway with 0 people there as well. I don't feel comfortable messin around at high speeds with other drivers around.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

No shit. Ditto.

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    our weather stripping ect isnt designed to seal over about 110mph. that sound is air rushing in and out of your compartment.
    Yeah, not an exact pressurized cockpit.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

So what's the status on the guy and his friends. Is everyone ok? What kind of trouble did he get in? Fines, court, anything?

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

thay are verey lucky he is and his passingers are still living i had a buddy that was driving an evo just last year and was racing a neon and he lost it and wint down a hill he didnt make it and his girl that was with him lost her leg. it can happen to any one but when you drive like a jack ass you get ther a lot soner

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang=Breakfast View Post
    So what's the status on the guy and his friends. Is everyone ok? What kind of trouble did he get in? Fines, court, anything?
    idk yet im sure everyone is bugging him so ill ask him later

Black
    1999 Formula

BIG GUNS u might wanna check ur t-tops if u were hearing that sound, last time my brother heard that his t-top flew off doing about 85

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Even if it's locked? Holy crap! I guess I'll not do that again. It just made that sound at around 120mph and never got any worse through 135mph.

Did his depart the aircraft when it was locked?

Black
    1999 Formula

yea haha it was locked but must not have been in right or something n it just went, took him a while to find a new one to

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Yeah, they go for quite a bit on ebay etc. Wish I made them for a living.

Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

I race my car, but I know the limits of my car, and the limits of the roads that I travel. I think most of us get our trans am because of the speed, definitly not for the ride. Problem is there are too many idiots that dont know the limits of their car. When I was younger a bunch of kids died because they took a Ford Grenada 80 mph down some curvy back road. Anyone knows that car cant handle that. I think you should have to pass a specialty liscence test to buy a car with more than 300 HP. Anyway the really crazy idiots are the ones that do 100+ MPH on a motorcycle. 60 on my bike is more than fast enough for me. If I want to go faster I take the trans am out. Check this out
    http://www.weirdthings.org.uk/sick-m...faint-hearted/

Black
    00 Trans Am/Auto

Well, at least he was wearing a helmet. Old article but, still worth pointing out.

Speed does kill and if you can't handle your vehicle, you should just get rides from friends. Always important to know the limitations of your vehicle, the road and your capabilities.

Machine Silver
    2008 Corvette Z-51

I'm old as hell, but what a jackass! Good/Lucky he didn't kill someone.
    08 Silver Kooks LT's, VaraRam CAI, Z06 CB, MGW Shifter, Cam 227/235, TrickFlow Springs, UD Pulley

All Vengeance Racing Installed WBTuned by WS6FirebirdTA00
    Online Garage: http://www.fquick.com/Jimmyz

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

I'm proud to say I have never raced on a crowded street, or highway. If it was a highway we were in front of traffic, and I have never did a fly by while racing, you never know what someone else is thinking while driving.

I've been a little reckless on a bike too, wheelies in the rain and with passengers on the back, but I never tried to push my limits. Never layed one down, and I'm still alive.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    my friend got a NBM 02 ws6 about 8 months ago.. he drives it like an idiot, ive told him he needs to chill out on his driving. well last night, he was going 110(with 3 other passengers) down 169 in the middle lane. a car switches lanes right in front of him and he swerves into the left lane, and loses it. he hits the median and the car swerves back to the right, and flips it, twice, landing on its back. as its flipping it slings a passenger in the back seat out the t-top going 100mph, he has 3rd degree burns all over his body and is it critical care. hes lucky hes alive. the other passenger in the back seat got glass in her leg and a little on her face, and was bleeding pretty badly. the passenger in the front seat fractured her skull. the driver, stayed fine through the wreck. he took off his seat belt when the car stopped and landed on his head. he helped everyone out of the car, and ran down the highway and got his friend off the street.

the car = totaled. UGH

sorry to hear. hope everyone is ok(well, ok as they can be after something like that). 169 is a freakin cop hwy. im never above 70mph on 169. too many damn police. well, that, and i have no reason to get above 70mph. doesnt matter what time of day im on it, i pass on avg about 3-5 TPD officers going the opposite way.

plus, stay on 169 north for a few miles outside of tulsa, exit 36th st north. then go back south, and theres a place where they encourage hauling ass.

Midnight Blue
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

100+ = bad endine, dont do it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information