Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fresh paint 2

This is a discussion on Fresh paint 2 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by slpws6ta I cant belive noone commented on the tire off the ground... i just noticed that too...

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by slpws6ta View Post
    I cant belive noone commented on the tire off the ground...
    i just noticed that too

blue
    1998 trans am ws6

that color is amazing it might be better then sunset orange
    Built A4 with B&M Transpak shift kit, Hooker Lt's, 0RY, 4in cutout, Debaffled, K&N, SLP Lid, Bellows, p+p+descreened MAF,TB bypass, 180 degree Theromostat, AC removed, RP Trans fluid, oil, MSD 8.5 wires, Autolite Xtreme perf plugs, Nitto DR

Coming soon SFC, 373 gears, 96mm intake/96mm TB, Tune

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    really surprized they did that much sanding with all those body panels still attached! How are the seems and stuff? do you see black in there still?
    That is the same question i was wondering........My bird is currently getting repainted as well and when i went to go by there and visit it they had the whole car torn down (Ex: tail lights, head lights, body panels, trim, etc etc..) my paint job set my insurance company back $6,500!

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    my paint job set my insurance company back $6,500!
    !!! $6500 !!! Is that normal cost??

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This thread delivers. A rare color WS6 that's takin off from the line, and a Goat. What's more to live?

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    !!! $6500 !!! Is that normal cost??
    Probably mostly labor if they took all the panels off.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Probably mostly labor if they took all the panels off.
    What he said^^^ If you want something done you might as well have it done right especially if it's at the expense of the insurance company!
    2000 Arctic White trans am, ws6 hood, ws6 air box, slp lid, slp smooth bellows, slp loudmouth exhaust,shift kit, rebuilt trans, LS6 intake, 3.73 gears, Shaner S3 p/p throttle body, and a tune . SFC. C6 ZO6 rims 18" in back 17" in front. Drilled and slotted rotors.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Holy shit...

I cant wait to get another f-body...

That color is amazing

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

nice car. surprised the ta could pull of such a classy color. looks like it belongs on a caddy.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by slpws6ta View Post
    thanks the bird on the tail light filler panel turned pink, of coarse so i figured i'd lreave it blank
    Very nice. I love the color. Next mod for my TA is a paint job.

I like the Goat too! Mine is Spice Red. What have you done to the third gen? Looks like some huge tires on the back

05 gto impulse blue
    00 WS6 custom paint

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Very nice. I love the color. Next mod for my TA is a paint job.

I like the Goat too! Mine is Spice Red. What have you done to the third gen? Looks like some huge tires on the back
    what i did to the third gen was sell it as fast as i could it was a 1992 305 automatic rs i couldnt stand driving it knowing the TA was in the garage

05 gto impulse blue
    00 WS6 custom paint

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    That is the same question i was wondering........My bird is currently getting repainted as well and when i went to go by there and visit it they had the whole car torn down (Ex: tail lights, head lights, body panels, trim, etc etc..) my paint job set my insurance company back $6,500!
    I work for a dealer that has a body shop trust me $6500 is insane for paint but the body shop milks as much money out of the insurance company as they can and then only does half the shit they are charging them for! the pictures dont show every step of the process alot of stuff was removed. and a mood body man finish sands with the panels on so that he knows the filler he puts on the fender will match the body line on the door and so on the cars was primed 3 times and finish sanded smooth so there are no high or low spots in the paint.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

nicely done. i thought we had another MRM up here. i'm debating paintin mine black cause i think it compliments late 4th gen ta's so well but your makin me wanna keep my color. very nice job done, both the trans am and goat look great. you know how much hp your cars deliverin? it takes alot to get a tire that close to comin off the ground

MRM
    2002 T/A M6

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    nicely done. i thought we had another MRM up here. i'm debating paintin mine black cause i think it compliments late 4th gen ta's so well but your makin me wanna keep my color. very nice job done, both the trans am and goat look great. you know how much hp your cars deliverin? it takes alot to get a tire that close to comin off the ground
    Please don't repaint you baby. Maple Red Metallic IS the rarest factory color, at least for 2002.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

i know, thats one reason why i'll probably just buy a black ws6 later. but i need a paint refresher. the idiot before me did a HORRIBLE job of taking care of it. theres so much that needs updated. but thats the nature of owning an older car. i wouldn't have it another way

05 gto impulse blue
    00 WS6 custom paint

Quote Originally Posted by BirdCountry02 View Post
    Thanks i dont have any idea how much HP it's putting out, it's never been tuned. You might want to take a second look at the pictures the left front is off the ground! last night was the local 1/8 mile tracks street night, made 10 passes pulled the left front at least 6" every pass and managed to get the right off a few times. the pic i have was taken late the guy who took it said he wasnt expecting it to leave that hard so he wasnt ready to snap the pic so he got it on the way down but you can definatly see light under the left front!

Electron Blue
    2002 C5 Z06

Wow that color is amazing! Good choice!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Fearls1 View Post
    Please don't repaint you baby. Maple Red Metallic IS the rarest factory color, at least for 2002.

x2

MRM is a gorgeous color, black is boring IMO and black T/A's are a dime a dozen.

To the OP, I love it! the car looks beautiful, and congrats on pulling the wheel! That's a great shot right there.

The wife's Goat looks great too. I envy you, sounds like you got a pretty cool wife there....drives a Goat AND sold her bike to pay for your paint. That's a keeper right there!!
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 01-17-2009 at 12:40 PM.

05 gto impulse blue
    00 WS6 custom paint

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    x2

MRM is a gorgeous color, black is boring IMO and black T/A's are a dime a dozen.

To the OP, I love it! the car looks beautiful, and congrats on pulling the wheel! That's a great shot right there.

The wife's Goat looks great too. I envy you, sounds like you got a pretty cool wife there....drives a Goat AND sold her bike to pay for your paint. That's a keeper right there!!
    Thanks man, the wifes pretty cool i was thinking about keeping her around for a while lol!

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

+1 thats a keeper. now that you mention it i can see it. you should get it dynoed and tuned. i've heard it helps unleashin more from the enigine and runs better. i'm keepin her mrm, but i might have to go a little darker like yours cause it looks great. thanks guys for talkin some sense into me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information