Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Free ram air mod?

This is a discussion on Free ram air mod? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 9T8W66 You must be talking about the EGR Mod. I did it and I couldn't tell you ...

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 9T8W66 View Post
    You must be talking about the EGR Mod. I did it and I couldn't tell you if it made a difference but it can't Hurt.
    did it set off any lights? and also how did you cut it ?

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

clg82 do you pay attention?you ask too many damn questions that others have already answered,you asked me same questions do you know any thing about ls1 cars?if you dont read some books that will help alot,only way too do things is hands on my friend learn from your own experience.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Thats what forums are for answering questions. ASSHAT

Not so you and youe E-Friends can talk about how cool you are.

Red
    2000 Z28

Yeah, what a jerk thing to say.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    clg82 do you pay attention?you ask too many damn questions that others have already answered,you asked me same questions do you know any thing about ls1 cars?if you dont read some books that will help alot,only way too do things is hands on my friend learn from your own experience.
    I apologize I don't remember you telling me how you cut yours off!

2000 Trans Am

I just surf on here because maybe other people have experienced the same problems as me. I really don't have the money to be spending taking my car to a mechanic everyday, when i can talk to nice guys on here like jimmyz or 2000ta that are willing to help.

2000 Trans Am

any if i can remember correctly you haven't posted any responces on this thread so hot could you have already answered me!!

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

What kind of jerk off reply is this? If you have knowledge, share it freely! Otherwise, go fuk yourself!

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    What kind of jerk off reply is this? If you have knowledge, share if freely! Otherwise, go fuk yourself!
    +1,000.....thanks for all your help in the clouds

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

I'm new to the sport car arena, my experience is on GM Trucks, so maybe take this with a grain of salt.

Removing the EGR will increase power slightly. It will most likely produce an error light. Pull the dash cluster (5 mins) and remove the bulb. Problem solved.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

The is a waay to get the light to go off without removing bulb with a tuner, as for the hp gain its said to be about 5-10 hp at the crank.

In the clouds is your car lowered at all?

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Removing EGR may cause you to fail emissions if they use sniffers in your state.

Car is not lowered.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

clg82,

OK, the baffle you are talking about is in the hood itself, correct. If so this is not EGR, this is simply just a rain guard. You can drill the rivets out that hold it in place and remove it. You can also lift your filter out and look under where it lies, the 2 big areas under it can be cut out(do not cut out the center brace) giving you the free ram air mod. Also with taking out the rain guard I would suggest replacing the filter with a K&N or equivalent, NO PAPER FILTER!!! As while driving in the rain the paper filter will get saturated by water and set off a check engine light: experienced it. As for EGR itself, on the side of your lid, that tube that comes out is EGR, you can remove that and seal up that hole, if you don't seal the hole anything that gets sucked into that hole goes straight into the intake, bypassing the filter. I wouldn't recommend this unless you are gonna get a tune and have EGR deleted.

But yes this forum is for anybody, the unexperienced to get advice and seek greater knowledge, and the experienced to share their advice and give their knowledge. And remember the only dumb question is the question not asked. Better safe than sorry, cause cars or motors aren't cheap... And by all means use these forums as much as you want and can.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Looks lower in the smaller picture lol thanks for zooming in lol, i would love to race your car mines the same thing just a non-ws6 and its lowered.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Looks lower in the smaller picture lol thanks for zooming in lol, i would love to race your car mines the same thing just a non-ws6 and its lowered.
    Well, I'll hopefully be living in the Quad Cities later this year. Maybe you'll have your chance...that's not too far away

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Cool hopefully ill be cammed and S/C then lol.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

I need to lose! I'm sick of winning all the time!

Navy Blue Metallic
    `98 Formula M6 HdTp

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    did it set off any lights? and also how did you cut it ?
    The EGR Mod is simple and does not throw any codes.
    Remove the 10mm bolt that holds the tube in the intake make sure not to drop the O ring. Cover the hole with a rag so no metal shavings get in the intake then using a dremel or hack saw cut the tube just below the shoulder (or about 1 1/4 inches). Then just bolt the tube back in place.
    EGR mod , FRA mod, Debaffled R/A Hood, Radio Shack CAGS Delete
    I did All this about 8 yrs ago when the car was a year old (back then it was all new stuff) Car had approx 24,000 or so then and Now has 115k and have had ZERO problems with any or these since. I got most of these off of this site way back then when there was a free mods link.
    I've Owned this Car since New and have No Problems spreading my Knowledge and Experience to whoever asks for it.
    Last edited by 9T8W66; 05-16-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    Craig
    Semi Retired Street Racer
    2012 Lava Red Mustang GT Coupe Brembo/3.73's
    Build Date 3/17/11, Last Lava Red GT

Gone but not forgoten
    NBM `98 Formula M6 HdTp
    1 of 1 Build Date 3/12/98

2000 Trans Am

Thanks for the help

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02 View Post
    clg82,

OK, the baffle you are talking about is in the hood itself, correct. If so this is not EGR, this is simply just a rain guard. You can drill the rivets out that hold it in place and remove it. You can also lift your filter out and look under where it lies, the 2 big areas under it can be cut out(do not cut out the center brace) giving you the free ram air mod. Also with taking out the rain guard I would suggest replacing the filter with a K&N or equivalent, NO PAPER FILTER!!! As while driving in the rain the paper filter will get saturated by water and set off a check engine light: experienced it. As for EGR itself, on the side of your lid, that tube that comes out is EGR, you can remove that and seal up that hole, if you don't seal the hole anything that gets sucked into that hole goes straight into the intake, bypassing the filter. I wouldn't recommend this unless you are gonna get a tune and have EGR deleted.

But yes this forum is for anybody, the unexperienced to get advice and seek greater knowledge, and the experienced to share their advice and give their knowledge. And remember the only dumb question is the question not asked. Better safe than sorry, cause cars or motors aren't cheap... And by all means use these forums as much as you want and can.
    Isn't their another black piect that covers the radiator under their also?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information