Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

Fourth Generation 1998-2002 Knight Rider Mods??

Hey everybody. I know I'm going to sound like a geek but..... I wondered if anyone has seen or knows where I can find a front nose for my 2001 WS6 T/A that will house a Knight Rider Scanner Light. There a couple of companies that I know make them for the 1993-1997 models. I need one for my year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank everyone who responded to my last posting. Update......I have made a few mods. I put an SLP "Loudmouth" Cat back, SLP Air-Box Lid, SLP Bellow, & SLP Subframe Connectors on my WS6 last month. That's just the start. This month I am adding the SLP Performance Suspension Package (#70002) and Polyurethane Motor & Transmission mounts. I will do my best to keep everyone updated and I will post some pics up soon. Thanks again and be safe.

Mike D.

Pewter Metallic (1of?)
    2001 Formula M6(1 of 225)

I wouldn't stick solely to SLP, they have a couple good things, but they are not the Gods of LS1 Performance........and on another note KITT may have been embodied in a trans am in the days of david hasselhoff's permed mullet, but if KITT were to be reincarnated in today's world, they would probably dig a 3rd gen TA out of a scrap yard and rebuild it or an LT1 car instead of violating the sheer aggressive look of the beloved late 4th gen, no offense i used to watch the show's reruns

1966 Corvette Coupe

not that im in full support of this, but if you must... you could always get the clear plate bird most ppl use for the lighted bird... tint it pretty dark... and mount the light behind it... (im assuming you have a black car) youll never even know its thee unless you turn it on...

-me

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

sound like you might have to have something custom made

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    not that im in full support of this, but if you must... you could always get the clear plate bird most ppl use for the lighted bird... tint it pretty dark... and mount the light behind it... (im assuming you have a black car) youll never even know its thee unless you turn it on...

-me
    can you buy a kit for the bird that lights up? or do you gotta do it yourself

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

Front Scanner........

There are a couple of companies that sell a good quality front scanning light with sound effects. Yes, you can hear the light make the swoosh, swoosh sound when it moves. Marks custom kits is one company. The other is Louisell enterprises. Louisell makes a custom front end that will house the scanner in the front but the bumper will only fit on the 1993-1997 model Firebirds. I think I am going to have a friend of mine modify my front bumper to house the light I have. I will post pics when it is done.

Mike D.

NBM
    98 trans am

awesome dude, how much does a front one cost?

Silver
    '02 WS6

Interesting.. Keep us updated.

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

I sold my 2001 WS6 one year ago. I have a 2002 Firehwak, Trans Am now. The only Knight Rider stuff I have found for my car is the Knight Rider GPS by Mio. Check this link out. If anyone knows where I can score a custom nose for the 1998-2002 T/A let me know. Thanks.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Firehawks are rare...

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I'll be in touch... I know a little something about Knight Rider.. lol

As far as the front clip, it would most likely have to be a custom job. I seen the front clip on the 93-97 and I thought it was kinda ugly.

As far as a scanner light goes, mine is being made as we speak.
    Last edited by knightryda01; 09-05-2009 at 03:11 PM.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Look into Don Colie.. great guy.. good stuff.. I think he was working on one a while back...

I think the site it www.adiautotech.com or something like that.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

Thanks for the link. Don Colie, www.adiautotech.com only makes the nose/front bumper for the 1993-1997 models. I really do appreciate the help though.

RED
    2002 FORMULA

OK, let me get this straight. You have a 2002 Firehawk T/A and you want to turn it into a nightrider .........WHAT? The knighrider car was a third gen. You have a very sought after fourth generation. The show sucked and kitt so

After careful thinking I have decided this post is a joke, noone is stupid enough to turn a Firehawk into a kitt car. LOL
    Last edited by rideon1200; 09-06-2009 at 04:23 PM.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by rideon1200 View Post
    OK, let me get this straight. You have a 2002 Firehawk T/A and you want to turn it into a nightrider .........WHAT? The knighrider car was a third gen. You have a very sought after fourth generation. The show sucked and kitt so

After careful thinking I have decided this post is a joke, noone is stupid enough to turn a Firehawk into a kitt car. LOL
    Thats kinda harsh man, although I see what you mean. I wouldn't go as far as saying KITT sucked, he was bad ass. I loved the show because of him, let alone he was a TA. The acting sucked in the show though, but I loved it and still do even with horrible acting
    To the OP, as a couple people said, your Hawk is rare. IMO as much as I love KITT and the 4th gens, I don't know if a Hawk is the best donor for a KITT car to combine them. Swapping body panels to give the Knight Rider styles a little overkill IMO as well. If you want, you can probably retain the stock Firehawk hood and clip and install this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories
    The guy has multiple scans he can include, 2 of which are the new Mustang style(the only thing I think thats bad ass about the new series) and also the 80s KITT style going back and forth. I'm actually debating purchasing one, even though I think it looks sick

RED
    2002 FORMULA

It has to be a joke. A 2002 Firehawk...come on. If you want a KITT, you can cruise a trailer park and third gen. Then just be prepared to spend the money. But a Firehawk.......... Why not buy a new camaro and dent it and paint it yellow to be bumble bee. Same thing. Bumble bee=second gen.
    Kitt=3rd gen 2002=4th gen. You kill the value of the car and any collector value. People will be laughing behind your back. But, it will impress the ladys, about as much as dressing up as a klingon on weekends.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by rideon1200 View Post
    It has to be a joke. A 2002 Firehawk...come on. If you want a KITT, you can cruise a trailer park and third gen. Then just be prepared to spend the money. But a Firehawk.......... Why not buy a new camaro and dent it and paint it yellow to be bumble bee. Same thing. Bumble bee=second gen.
    Kitt=3rd gen 2002=4th gen. You kill the value of the car and any collector value. People will be laughing behind your back. But, it will impress the ladys, about as much as dressing up as a klingon on weekends.
    I hear you, cause I agree. As much as I love Knight Rider, don't do it to a Hawk. There are 3rd gens that could be saved making KITT projects. To the OP, you might wanna look into getting another 4th gen and converting if your really serious about doing a 4th gen KITT. You would loose a TON of value modding the Hawk, but if you really are serious at the end of the day it is your car to do what you choose

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

90% of people who buy firehawks know what they are and why they cost more. Otherwise they would have picked the cheaper ws6. Stop telling him how rare his car is and not to do it. Since when was being a little different so frowned upon lol. If i had endless supplies of money and was gonna build a f-body cosmetically or mechanically i would start with a firehawk and i would def not be keeping it stock.

The name says it all !!!FAST!!!'s Avatar

Black
    2000 WS6, 2006 G35

Quote Originally Posted by KITT#42 View Post
    Hey everybody. I know I'm going to sound like a geek but..... I wondered if anyone has seen or knows where I can find a front nose for my 2001 WS6 T/A that will house a Knight Rider Scanner Light. There a couple of companies that I know make them for the 1993-1997 models. I need one for my year. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to thank everyone who responded to my last posting. Update......I have made a few mods. I put an SLP "Loudmouth" Cat back, SLP Air-Box Lid, SLP Bellow, & SLP Subframe Connectors on my WS6 last month. That's just the start. This month I am adding the SLP Performance Suspension Package (#70002) and Polyurethane Motor & Transmission mounts. I will do my best to keep everyone updated and I will post some pics up soon. Thanks again and be safe.

Mike D.
    I bought a set of red grill lights from auto zone not to long ago. They are sold in a set of two and are the perfect size to put behind the ram air grills. They also have a scan mode so it looks like they move towards eachother then away from eachother. I did it for shits and giggles. I will try to post pics.

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

The front nose that Rob Louisell makes is $1500. But, it only fits 1993-1997 models.

Thread Information