Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Fourth Generation 1998-2002 Knight Rider Mods??

This is a discussion on Fourth Generation 1998-2002 Knight Rider Mods?? within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I like the pic. I am looking for a more customized look. Thanks for the post though....

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

I like the pic. I am looking for a more customized look. Thanks for the post though.

Black
    2002 Firehawk #812

Thanks everyone for the feedback, good or bad. I still haven't found any companys that make the front nose for the 1998-2002 models. Until they do this babys exterior will remain stock.

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

I agree about the Firehawk being so rare and being a collectible. I love knight rider too. Perhaps you can do some thing else with out changing your hawk too much. Take a look at what I did with mine. Hope this helps:

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=673573
    Last edited by knight721; 09-18-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rideon1200 View Post
    It has to be a joke. A 2002 Firehawk...come on. If you want a KITT, you can cruise a trailer park and third gen. Then just be prepared to spend the money. But a Firehawk.......... Why not buy a new camaro and dent it and paint it yellow to be bumble bee. Same thing. Bumble bee=second gen.
    Kitt=3rd gen 2002=4th gen. You kill the value of the car and any collector value. People will be laughing behind your back. But, it will impress the ladys, about as much as dressing up as a klingon on weekends.
    Isnt bumblebee a 5th gen? isnt that a package now? I'm doing a 4th gen Bandit edition..and i dont think it kills the value of the car if done right...

RED
    2002 FORMULA

Bumblebee when it started before he changed, read a article it sold for about 12000, might be off. The Bandit is a classic and all were talking about is black and gold. Looks good on a fourth. On a third also(bandit2). But KITT??? Maybe it is a generation thing.

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by knight721 View Post
    I agree about the Firehawk being so rare and being a collectible. I love knight rider too. Perhaps you can do some thing else with out changing your hawk too much. Take a look at what I did with mine. Hope this helps:

Click for full size

http://video.cardomain.com/VideoPlayer.aspx?id=673573
    How'd you do that on the lower vents? That looks bad ass, I was thinkin about trying to do it with all 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    Isnt bumblebee a 5th gen? isnt that a package now? I'm doing a 4th gen Bandit edition..and i dont think it kills the value of the car if done right...
    I've seen pics of your TA, I think it looks good. Did you paint the speedlines gold? I think you pulled it off well

NAVY BLUE METALLIC
    1999 FORMULA M6 HARD TOP

Thank you. I used one of those JC Whitney scanners and took the metal backing off. There is a link for a video on the picture also. The car does talk, check it out.

Black/purple
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by !!!FAST!!! View Post
    I bought a set of red grill lights from auto zone not to long ago. They are sold in a set of two and are the perfect size to put behind the ram air grills. They also have a scan mode so it looks like they move towards eachother then away from eachother. I did it for shits and giggles. I will try to post pics.

Click for full size
    I had blue lights in my Black WS6 grills and was pulled over twice in one week. Had to remove them. Cops said anything not factory was a distraction. That could just be the Lancaster County BS, though

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The pics in that link look killer. There is a guy in the next town from me with a black WS-6 with red neons in the scoops. Looks pretty nice. If I had photoshop software I would get a pic of my car with scanners in the grilles.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Black
    2001 WS6

hey bird, yes they're stock speedlines, and they were powdercoated. Thankyou for the compliment. In the spring, I'll be lowering the car, putting my old wings west lip on the front, and then getting the bird painted on the hood , and bigger so its more proportioned to the hood, and painted so its just the outline of the bird

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOGDjFAMZ8A[/ame]

Let me know what you guys think....

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    hey bird, yes they're stock speedlines, and they were powdercoated. Thankyou for the compliment. In the spring, I'll be lowering the car, putting my old wings west lip on the front, and then getting the bird painted on the hood , and bigger so its more proportioned to the hood, and painted so its just the outline of the bird
    Nice man! No prob, it looks good. Post up some more pics if you can, I like it alot

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post

Are you/have you gotten that? I love that scanner. One thing they did in the new season thats actually good

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post

Dude, that look rocks!! Reminds me of the pilot episode when Michael walks into the dark warehouse and when he turns around, all he saw was the red scanner. Then KITT sped toward him.

The end of the vid reminds me of the new movie commercial when KITT says "Hi Mike."

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Yea I think it's pretty kick ass.... It's bright as hell. You can see it in the daylight too. It does that motion as well as the original Kitt back n forth.

I've even got the balls a few times to run it down the highway with the light on. People just get out of the way... It's f'n hillarious. Their always turning around trying to figure out what it is.

I completely debaffled my hood so I am still gettin the airflow

Red
    97 WS6 Ram Air T/A Conv

I'm just looking for a scanner kit that twill fit in my 97 Ram Air nose.

knight rider on this gen would look sweet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information