Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Formy ws6, t/a bumper

This is a discussion on Formy ws6, t/a bumper within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by GULLETT17 imo, the formulas are rare enough i wouldnt mess with it. some people like the trans ...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by GULLETT17 View Post
    imo, the formulas are rare enough i wouldnt mess with it. some people like the trans am's looks better than the formy's and vice versa. I like both equally. They each have their own kinda of style. I'd say spend your time and money on something else. . .
    Like I said, I was just thinking out loud here basically. It's one of 233 2000 Formula ws6 coupes, then you narrow it down to having no t's, six speed, and being silver. Yeah, the saying she's a rare bird applies literally.
    and Justin, about lowering that guys car. Our formy is lowered and it's a bitch on the crap roads around here. Always bottoming out and scraping, the exhaust is crunched pretty good and it keeps knocking the seal on the manual cutouts (being taken off soon) loose. Plus the stiffer springs hurt weight transfer and traction. It has new shocks too. The po gave us the ws6 springs but I want to sell them and the pro-kit that's on it for standard v8 springs. They are softer and transfer weight better. It won't hook at all with suspension mods, sfc's, and 315 goodyear supercars with 390 rwhp. Daily driving drag radials isn't a good idea and it doesn't squat or lift the nose much at all. Plus the problems already stated with it being lowered. So stock heights springs are a good thing. What's the point of having power if you can't put it down? To make a cool cammed sound? I'm almost regretting buying a drop kit for my truck because you can't have as much fun, like going down a crappy sunken and cracked road fast, or railroad tracks. So much fun.
    Last edited by wheeliE-maxx; 11-06-2009 at 05:31 PM.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Like I said, I was just thinking out loud here basically. It's one of 233 2000 Formula ws6 coupes, then you narrow it down to having no t's, six speed, and being silver. Yeah, the saying she's a rare bird applies literally.
    and Justin, about lowering that guys car. Our formy is lowered and it's a bitch on the crap roads around here. Always bottoming out and scraping, the exhaust is crunched pretty good and it keeps knocking the seal on the manual cutouts (being taken off soon) loose. Plus the stiffer springs hurt weight transfer and traction. It has new shocks too. The po gave us the ws6 springs but I want to sell them and the pro-kit that's on it for standard v8 springs. They are softer and transfer weight better. It won't hook at all with suspension mods, sfc's, and 315 goodyear supercars with 390 rwhp. Daily driving drag radials isn't a good idea and it doesn't squat or lift the nose much at all. Plus the problems already stated with it being lowered. So stock heights springs are a good thing. What's the point of having power if you can't put it down? To make a cool cammed sound? I'm almost regretting buying a drop kit for my truck because you can't have as much fun, like going down a crappy sunken and cracked road fast, or railroad tracks. So much fun.
    then it needs bigger wheels, the space beetween the rubber and the car looks wide,

and yeah trucks need to be as high off the ground as you can get them!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

My truck came with 31x10.5's and 3/4 ton springs (shittiest factory option ever on a short bed ). I considered putting new 3/4 ton springs, body bushings (have to anyway, mine are well worn), and some 32's on it. It had PLENTY of fender gap with the 31's along with 37 year old bushings and springs. With a sway bar up front it would probably still handle better than lowered and no sways. It's so much fun to bomb down whooped out roads like I described. I can get the nose into this huge up and down rhythm with the throttle between peaks in the road. People just "wtf?". But there's not much you can do for a '72 2wd in the aftermarket other than lowering kits.

Pewter
    2001 formula

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    you need to lower your car dude
    yeah i know im saving up for it now

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

I like the stock height, call me weird lol. I never liked T/A hatches on formulas until I saw yours. I love the look.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

From the pic under your user name it looks like you have a body kit. This cuts down on ground clearance and the tall look ya know? I like stock springs because you don't have to worry about big bumps and all

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 01 LS1 Formula View Post
    yeah i know im saving up for it now
    other than that though looks great!

Pewter
    2001 formula

other than that though looks great!
    thanks

Pewter, and Black
    2001 Firebird, 2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    From the pic under your user name it looks like you have a body kit. This cuts down on ground clearance and the tall look ya know? I like stock springs because you don't have to worry about big bumps and all
    Yeah it makes my car look lower then it is. I do have a body kit with the stock height. You can still tell by the space in between the fender and tire that it is stock height. I still have to worry about bumps, haha. Guess I shouldnt lower it.

Black
    2000 T/A

there is a black formula around here with a w68 body kit like innerchi89's a trans am wing and firehawk hood. that is my favorite ever because it's the best of all of the v8 birds

Maple Red Metallic
    2002 Trans Am M6

and you could always go reverse

Click for full size

Personally, I don't think that looks that bad. Granted, the body panels that came stock look best on the models their meant for, but I like the formy bumper on TA's. To me that's the only body panel switch I like or would ever consider if I had another TA, and probably only to change it up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information