Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ford lightning...

This is a discussion on ford lightning... within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; My Friend Has A 02 Lightning And He Can Beat Me In An 1/8 Mile But Not In The 1/4, ...

pewter
    01 ws6

My Friend Has A 02 Lightning And He Can Beat Me In An 1/8 Mile But Not In The 1/4, But Then Again My Ws6 Is A Stock A4 With 80xxx Miles

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    if he is stock you should be fine.....just dont let him find out about pullies
    my buddy has one with a Stage 3 ported blower...well..stock blower ported over to a stage 3....i guess thats what you call it? lol...anyways he ripped the shit out of a stock lightning....not trying to thread rape...just thought ide let you know...thats all he has done...that and a 4lb pully

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    my buddy has one with a Stage 3 ported blower...well..stock blower ported over to a stage 3....i guess thats what you call it? lol...anyways he ripped the shit out of a stock lightning....not trying to thread rape...just thought ide let you know...thats all he has done...that and a 4lb pully
    these things have more shock factor and potential

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I am sorry to clarify, it WILL beat a stock auto mach1

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Oh shut up, they are nice trucks, but once again as i stated before a truck, your never gonna be the fastest on the street and your never gonna be the best for offroading, i know poeple dont by them to go off road but thats what i buy trucks for. SCREW LIGHTNINGS, no matter how much power you make you still weigh 4k+ and i personally think ford makes ugly trucks, we were on the freeway in my friends 89 240sx, wit ha 75shot on it, ran a 14.6, next a lightning that had atleast exhaust doin about 80 they both went and up to 120 we pulled 2 cars in a stock 240sx with jsut a 75shot lol. Im jsut saying a 1200 dollar car with a 300 dollar dry shot beating a 20k truck
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 09-27-2007 at 08:36 AM.

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

You should bring your buddies 240sx down to Rt 66 raceway in IL and you'll see it lose down the 1/4 to a stock Lightning no problem. The Lightning driver probably didn't want to waste his time or gas on racing you and your buddy.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

He raced lol, lightnings on top end even ones with pulleys dont do shit, i know it would loose in the quarter mile i have been to the track many times and dont question if i know if someone is racing or not, i have been in more races then you have seen.

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    He raced lol, lightnings on top end even ones with pulleys dont do shit, i know it would loose in the quarter mile i have been to the track many times and dont question if i know if someone is racing or not, i have been in more races then you have seen.
    I'm sure you have been racing since you were in diapers. So you can only beat it on the highway, if I'm hearing you correctly.

1/4 mile=you loose
    SCCA road race=you loose
    20mph roll=you loose
    stop and go traffic=you loose
    80mph to 120=you win??

so you can gain 40mph faster in that range and you think you have something. We can clearly see which vehicle is more universal and truly able to race and hold it's own in a competition. Keep spraying the 240sx in hopes to have some kill stories. good luck

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol that was his 240sx bone stock, only mods were we put a 5 speed and too kout the auto and a 75shot, my T/A ran a 12.8 so im sure i could have taken it, my supra ran low 11s some im sure that could have taken it. My 1990 newyorke probably would have lost. Lol so 1 of my cars would loose. All i was trying to say is a car we bought for 1200, put 400 in tranny parts and a put a 75shot on about 300 bucks. Some other money for misc parts and fluids about 2 grand in all, too ka 20k+ truck with a 400dolalr exahust atleast. 2000k compared to just over 20k and he lost.

Red
    99 Firehawk (M6) #518

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol that was his 240sx bone stock, only mods were we put a 5 speed and too kout the auto and a 75shot, my T/A ran a 12.8 so im sure i could have taken it, my supra ran low 11s some im sure that could have taken it. My 1990 newyorke probably would have lost. Lol so 1 of my cars would loose. All i was trying to say is a car we bought for 1200, put 400 in tranny parts and a put a 75shot on about 300 bucks. Some other money for misc parts and fluids about 2 grand in all, too ka 20k+ truck with a 400dolalr exahust atleast. 2000k compared to just over 20k and he lost.
    That doesn't mean a Lightning is a piece of crap like you implied, screw lightnings as you put it. Sorry to let you know, but your buddies 2K 240sx worth probably 1K is nothing compared to a Lightning. The Lightning will attract the women while you drool in awe from the 240sx. I rest my case.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Listne i hear they are nice trucks, they just dont do anything for me, there ugly and you can baja in them. That= a gay truck in my book.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

wait a minute, you should be praising a 4000+ pound TRUCK that runs 13s, not condemning it.

looks are subjective, and your OPINION on if its a good deal or not is too. the fact remains that they can lay waste to CARS alot lighter than themselves and with an auto trans.

240s are weak and if he did win, it wasnt because his car was superior, it was because it probably doesnt weigh 3000 pounds and it probably wasnt an auto. the hit of nitrous just put it over the edge, respectively.

from a dig the 240 would be dust. get the lightning into the powerband in second and a roll would be in its favor too (i would like to think).

not ripping you just mediating....or playing devils advocate

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    wait a minute, you should be praising a 4000+ pound TRUCK that runs 13s, not condemning it.

looks are subjective, and your OPINION on if its a good deal or not is too. the fact remains that they can lay waste to CARS alot lighter than themselves and with an auto trans.

240s are weak and if he did win, it wasnt because his car was superior, it was because it probably doesnt weigh 3000 pounds and it probably wasnt an auto. the hit of nitrous just put it over the edge, respectively.

from a dig the 240 would be dust. get the lightning into the powerband in second and a roll would be in its favor too (i would like to think).

not ripping you just mediating....or playing devils advocate

Don't let him bring you down to his level... you'll lose.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBolt View Post
    Don't let him bring you down to his level... you'll lose.
    guru is a little bastard, but his intentions are pure.

he just likes to debate. cant fault him for that.

*no offense gu.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Stock for stock they run the same exact times as our cars. You have some stuff that should put yourself ahead of the game alil. And since they already come w/ a blower, they can be made fast very very easy. I have never come across a stock Lightning, not even the used ones at the dealerships.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I guess old Bridge NJ is the modded lightning capitol lol, nah but seriusly though i havent lost or come close ot loosing ot stock lightning, however I have only got to race 1 slightly modded lightning, i won by about 3 cars up to 90 or so. I do like to debate and be a dick so no offense taken

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Stock for stock they run the same exact times as our cars. You have some stuff that should put yourself ahead of the game alil. And since they already come w/ a blower, they can be made fast very very easy. I have never come across a stock Lightning, not even the used ones at the dealerships.

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    guru is a little bastard, but his intentions are pure.

he just likes to debate. cant fault him for that.

*no offense gu.
    I see his debates gained him a pretty nice track record. To each their own.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Some of these bans are just silly, i got ban for saying idiot on the Camaro forums.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBolt View Post
    I see his debates gained him a pretty nice track record. To each their own.
    just dont take it personally and youll be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information