Results 1 to 13 of 13

fog lamps blues

This is a discussion on fog lamps blues within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; one of my fog lamps is burned out and i just bought my t/a and dont have a manual can ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    virgina
    Posts
    44

    black
    99 trans am

    fog lamps blues

    one of my fog lamps is burned out and i just bought my t/a and dont have a manual can anyone give me a quick run down of how to change the bulb.

  2. #2
    Member VTR99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    161

    Red
    2002 TA WS6

    I haven't changed mine, but if it's like most other GM fog lamps you just reach up behind the bumper and un-twist the bulb socket. It should take the standard GM 880 bulb.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    virgina
    Posts
    44

    black
    99 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by VTR99 View Post
    I haven't changed mine, but if it's like most other GM fog lamps you just reach up behind the bumper and un-twist the bulb socket. It should take the standard GM 880 bulb.
    mine is a 99 and there is a shroud covering the back of a lights.
    but does take gm 880

  4. #4
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    prepare to have your forearm shredded reaching around through there! I normally go in through the top, between the wiper resivior and the front frame. Just grab, twist, pull

  5. #5
    Member VTR99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    161

    Red
    2002 TA WS6

    Here is an article that covers the fog lights, and give you details on upgrading them...

    http://www.projecttransam.com/projects13.asp

  6. #6
    Member Mike's TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Age
    35
    Posts
    880

    Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

    Flip up your headlights and reach through behind there and also between the wiper resevoir like mentioned above. Only way to really do it. Hopefully your arms arn't too think. I can barely reach it.

  7. #7
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    prepare to have your forearm shredded reaching around through there! I normally go in through the top, between the wiper resivior and the front frame. Just grab, twist, pull
    Ah...forearm shredding, the battle scars of wrestling with our beloved.

    Tis' a nobler thing we do....








    OR...









    The ignorant somsabitches who designed this particular area this way, with no thought whatsoever that somebody...someday...just might HAVE TO FRIGGIN' GET TO IT!!!



    Whereupon I vote to inflict the most heinous pain imaginable by inserting 100 needles into each testicle, then making them sit in a bucket of lye, while toe tapping in morse code...

    "I will never design another car where commonly changed items like spark plugs, exhaust, light bulbs, fuses and wires are all but completely inaccessible without buying some crazy ass expensive tools and removing all forearm & knuckle skin."

  8. #8
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by {FzS}BlacKMagicK View Post
    The ignorant somsabitches who designed this particular area this way, with no thought whatsoever that somebody...someday...just might HAVE TO FRIGGIN' GET TO IT!!!



    Whereupon I vote to inflict the most heinous pain imaginable by inserting 100 needles into each testicle, then making them sit in a bucket of lye, while toe tapping in morse code...

    "I will never design another car where commonly changed items like spark plugs, exhaust, light bulbs, fuses and wires are all but completely inaccessible without buying some crazy ass expensive tools and removing all forearm & knuckle skin."
    geez

  9. #9
    Junior Member 0utLawTransAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    81

    green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    prepare to have your forearm shredded reaching around through there! I normally go in through the top, between the wiper resivior and the front frame. Just grab, twist, pull


    this is how i do it i mess's your arm up and is hard to do ive done it like 10 times my fog lights seem to go out every 2 mouth or so erg....

  10. #10
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 0utLawTransAm View Post
    this is how i do it i mess's your arm up and is hard to do ive done it like 10 times my fog lights seem to go out every 2 mouth or so erg....
    Sounds like there's a problem...every two months?

    Had my car since December, always run 'em and their still goin.

  11. #11
    Junior Member 0utLawTransAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    pensacola
    Posts
    81

    green with blue comeleon
    2000 trans am

    i dont know y they do that i leave them on and the work good then about 2 mouths or so 1 well go out then ill change it then like a week later the other 1 goes out

  12. #12
    Member {FzS}BlacKMagicK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    917

    BlacK
    2001 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 0utLawTransAm View Post
    i dont know y they do that i leave them on and the work good then about 2 mouths or so 1 well go out then ill change it then like a week later the other 1 goes out
    Strange, I would make sure that the connectors aren't loose in any way, talkin' bout' the ones that would butt up against the metal shims on the bottom of the bulb, one way to know is when you put the bulb in, pull on it, if it comes out too easy, it's not tight enough, and use bulb grease.

  13. #13
    Member Stricken1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    248

    Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

    I go from under the car...remove the 4 plastic clips, lower the plastic air dam down remove two 8 mm screws pull the fog light back enough to reach the connector, twist it to the left pull the blub out then install them in the reverse order..takes me about 10 mins per fog light.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. fog lamps
    By 99pewterta in forum General Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM
  2. Fog Lamps
    By SOCAL WS6 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 11:21 AM
  3. fog lamps
    By txz28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 01:26 AM
  4. Help: Having problems with my fog lamps
    By KING Z28 HAWK in forum Stereo and Electronics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:36 AM
  5. ls1 blues
    By nailbanger in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •