Thread: Fog Lamps

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Fog Lamps

SLP fog Lamps from Ebay

Anyone purchase these SLP Fog Lamps on Ebay. I bought a set for my son's 93 Formula for Christmas. I see that it came with brackets, but no mounting bolts, wiring or instructions. Can anyone give some tips on the install?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Take the front bumper off and starting drilling holes if they do not exist already. I would just wire them with a 12 volt source and put the switch in the interior somewhere. I honestly dont know jack about the lt1 front ends. Never had the oppurtunity to work on them

Black
    2001 Formula

I just changed my Fog Lamps!!!

I jsut changed my fog lamps on my 01 Formula and the are different then the TA, in the bracket. The bracket for the formula has three bolts that attach to the bumper to attach it. The TA has holes in the bottom of the bracket to attach it. Took me about 15mins per side on my Formula. Easy job. There is an access panel below and behind the fog lamp, 2 10mm screws. three 10mm nuts on the back of the fog lamp bracket and it lifts out and comes out the bottom. Easy change.
    celalabama

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by celalabama View Post
    I jsut changed my fog lamps on my 01 Formula and the are different then the TA, in the bracket. The bracket for the formula has three bolts that attach to the bumper to attach it. The TA has holes in the bottom of the bracket to attach it. Took me about 15mins per side on my Formula. Easy job. There is an access panel below and behind the fog lamp, 2 10mm screws. three 10mm nuts on the back of the fog lamp bracket and it lifts out and comes out the bottom. Easy change.
    celalabama
    totally different car though.(ls1 vs lt1)

Black on Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Just to let all know about these foglights. My son and I finished the install of these lights on his 93 Formula. They came with several brackets. One of the brackets fit perfectly into the mounting holes of the plastic covers that came factory installed. We just took the covers off and the racket holding the foglight fit perfectly in the oblong hole covering it.

The problem with this kit is that they didn't come with the mounting nuts for the brackets. We had to dig through my nut and bolts can to find matching nuts. We didn't have to take the bumper off, just the two panels under the front bumper. The other problem with this kit is that it didn't come with any wiring. We had the choice to run wires through the firewall to a switch in the ash tray or to hook them up to the parking lamps. My son wanted the parking lamp option so we did it that way. We may change to the switch later.

Once they were installed they look great, but they need to add instructions along with the nuts and bolts to match the brackets. The addition of a switch with an inline fuse would be nice also. Its a bit of work to put them in, but once their in they look pretty cool. I'll add a picture in the next day or two.

Thread Information