Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burgandy
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am

F'N people man...

So i was heading out of my parents part of down, crusin at about 90 or so. i was in the far right lane getting ready to merge to a new freeway. It was late so it was pretty dark out, and at the last second in the middle of my lane i spot a big ass cardboard box from dewalt. i served to miss it cause it looked full, and i caught it just on the outside of my bumper drivers side. I nailed the shit out of it, leaving a huge yellow imprint/scrape down it. So upset people can leave that shit in the middle of our roads.. socal is so bad at that it seems.. i am just hoping it all comes off but i fear it might need a small repaint

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Not to sound like an ass, but if you weren't doing 90 you'd have had plenty of time to avoid it.

Sucks though, I hate it when there's crap in the road.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Not to sound like an ass, but if you weren't doing 90 you'd have had plenty of time to avoid it.

Sucks though, I hate it when there's crap in the road.
    My thoughts exactly.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

theres nothin wrong with doin 90. here in illinois, on one of the biggest highways (route 90), everyone is between 75-90 or u will get ur ass run over.
    idk about california, but 90mph is normal on the tollway in illinois

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Going around 80 once and didnt notice a deer, hit that e-brake and idk what happened but i made a perfect 180 all the way around it, it was nice and scary. Too bad no one was around with a video camera i know it would of seemed to be like something out of the movies

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Going around 80 once and didnt notice a deer, hit that e-brake and idk what happened but i made a perfect 180 all the way around it, it was nice and scary. Too bad no one was around with a video camera i know it would of seemed to be like something out of the movies
    why would u hit the ebrake... ur tires would instantle lock. it would be better to slam on the brakes and swerve a little bit especially if u have abs

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

yeah. doing 90...in the dark...how do you not expect to hit something like that. ever heard of overdriving the headlights? still sucks but you did it yourself.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

coming back from minneapolis a couple weeks ago we were running down i-94 just south of eau claire when out of the darkness came about a 4 foot long 4"x4". thankfully it was parallel with the flow of traffic down the road and we were in a buick rendezvous so we had some ground clearance...but still. something like that could get kicked up by a semi and get thrown through a windshield and kill someone.

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

I got one for your asses.

I was coming home from the cruise Scanlamp put together yesturday on I25 southbound. Anyway, im minding my own business and cruising about 85-90 in the left lane when all of a sudden I hear this loud PLINK on my windshield. Immediately im like "WTF!?" and I look over at my passenger side, there sits a nice half dollar coin sized star in my windshield. All I remember passing was a Subaru Outback that was in the lane next to me, otherwise it was all clear for about 1/4 mile in front of me. Now I have to watch it like a hawk to see when I need to replace it. GRRRR

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Vertibird54 View Post
    I got one for your asses.

I was coming home from the cruise Scanlamp put together yesturday on I25 southbound. Anyway, im minding my own business and cruising about 85-90 in the left lane when all of a sudden I hear this loud PLINK on my windshield. Immediately im like "WTF!?" and I look over at my passenger side, there sits a nice half dollar coin sized star in my windshield. All I remember passing was a Subaru Outback that was in the lane next to me, otherwise it was all clear for about 1/4 mile in front of me. Now I have to watch it like a hawk to see when I need to replace it. GRRRR
    that sucks. i just got my windshield replaced for under $300.00 so i felt pretty good about that since most of the other places were charging between $320 and $350.

there's a lot of shingles on our roads around here right now. big storm went through a few months back...high wind and hail...and now half of the buildings in town are getting new roofs. hard to say how many of the little road bombs out there have nails in them ya know. i try to avoid hitting them lest i end up with a flat.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    why would u hit the ebrake... ur tires would instantle lock. it would be better to slam on the brakes and swerve a little bit especially if u have abs
    im not really sure, i wasn't thinking. Everything went buy so fast but in slow motion too lol.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im not really sure, i wasn't thinking. Everything went buy so fast but in slow motion too lol.
    haha understandable.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

Happened to me once i was in my bros camaro. some stupid guy left a fridge in the middle of the road and we couldnt swerve to miss it so he had to slam on the brakes and hit it. ruined the whole front.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    Happened to me once i was in my bros camaro. some stupid guy left a fridge in the middle of the road and we couldnt swerve to miss it so he had to slam on the brakes and hit it. ruined the whole front.
    You'd think you'd notice if you lost a fridge out the back of your truck, that sucks.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    ...a what...?! my god...

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Back in HS, I did a few things that even I would consider completely stupid.. once such case was a bunch of friends were going to see a move, we were all Seniors, and this was like 2 or 3 days before grad... half the group piled in my buddies Beretta, and the rest in my car.... The theater was about 50 miles away, and I really had no clue how to get there. THEN I find out he is taking the back roads. He's got a 3.4L vs my 2.8 and heavier car... he punches it and starts leaving me... so naturally i punch it too... needle is buried for I don't know how long...come over a hill.. and I see brake lights.... I slam on the brakes as hard as I can... his car is getting closer... at the last second I was able to swerve to the right... clipped his car and ended up right next to him (in the North we actually have shoulders... here I would have been screwed.. lol) He looks over at me like WTF?? Turns out, he locked up his brakes for a DUCK!!!! I'm sorry, but if you are goind 100mph+ with a friend doing the same behind you... you clip the duck! Trashed my nose, hood, and dr fender... his car? a spot of paint from my car that he was able to rub off with his finger right there.. Oh well... live and learn.

Back to the OP... sorry to hear about the car man... hope you can get it fixed.
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Montego Blue
    '07 BMW 328Xi Coupe

At least ur ebrake works. Mine isn't stiff enough.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

probably a good thing. u dont want ur brakes to lock up at those high of speeds

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    that sucks. i just got my windshield replaced for under $300.00 so i felt pretty good about that since most of the other places were charging between $320 and $350.

there's a lot of shingles on our roads around here right now. big storm went through a few months back...high wind and hail...and now half of the buildings in town are getting new roofs. hard to say how many of the little road bombs out there have nails in them ya know. i try to avoid hitting them lest i end up with a flat.
    I saw a few of the cars up here from that hail and they are really messed up! I never saw hail dents that big before.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I wish I had e-brakes to pull, stuck no car for a while now lol

Thread Information