Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Flowmaster or an exhaust kit? Opinions please!

This is a discussion on Flowmaster or an exhaust kit? Opinions please! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by silverWS.6 This is my exhaust. Its a Borla xr-1 muffler, no cats, ory, and ebay lt's, all ...

2002 TA WS6

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    This is my exhaust. Its a Borla xr-1 muffler, no cats, ory, and ebay lt's, all in 3 inches. I love the way my car sounds and i have absolutely fell in love with borla in general. I even have it on my 02 Avalanche
    I wouldn't go with the Flowmaster though. I do have it on my 98 Trans Am but i hate it, and i have met many people that have had bad experiences with it and low quality too.
    Whoever owns a Borla xr-1 or borla in general will be proud owner. I'm saving to get those. Sometimes I doubt that flowmaster is cheap and this may be a reason on it's durability.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

I have a flowmaster with ORY and no cats, I love it. Very aggressive and no rasp. It all depends on your taste in sound. It's not a cheap exhaust and remember there are many different series of flowmaster, some better than others
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

black
    2001 Trans Am

For my '99 I had the 80 series Flowmaster Exhaust kit. It sounded really good on her. The '01 I have now, the previous owner had Pacesetter headers installed after market cats (don't know what brand) and at 1st I didn't know what kind of muffler, but now i've been told it's a 40 series flowmaster muffler. All I know is that my '01 sounds even meaner than my '99 ever did. I've also heard a T/A w/ the SLP loudmouth, and sounded awesome!!!!!

Awaiting Activation
    My car came with it and honestyl I don't like it, I hate the tips because I like the double tips. But I aslo don't like the sound, yeah its just a little louder than stock but bearly loud. The performance I am sure it the same as any other AF system. If you want louder than stock than stay away from flowmaster. I have heard systems with Magnaflow, and I love it.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by freddy_caprice View Post
    My car came with it and honestyl I don't like it, I hate the tips because I like the double tips. But I aslo don't like the sound, yeah its just a little louder than stock but bearly loud. The performance I am sure it the same as any other AF system. If you want louder than stock than stay away from flowmaster. I have heard systems with Magnaflow, and I love it.
    Like I said there are different series of flow master, if you heard how loud mine is you wouldn't believe I have stock exhaust manifolds. You probably just got a quieter series of flowmaster

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    For my '99 I had the 80 series Flowmaster Exhaust kit. It sounded really good on her. The '01 I have now, the previous owner had Pacesetter headers installed after market cats (don't know what brand) and at 1st I didn't know what kind of muffler, but now i've been told it's a 40 series flowmaster muffler. All I know is that my '01 sounds even meaner than my '99 ever did. I've also heard a T/A w/ the SLP loudmouth, and sounded awesome!!!!!
    I agree, my car sounds mean as hell and regardless what people say the flowmaster mufflers flow well and I noticed a significant gain. Important thing is we have exactly what were happy with. Nice car BTW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information