Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Flipped My 2002 Ws6

This is a discussion on Flipped My 2002 Ws6 within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I dont know how you can straighten rollover damage(bent front window frame?) ...its not like you can put it on ...

Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

I dont know how you can straighten rollover damage(bent front window frame?) ...its not like you can put it on the frame straightener... maybe cut it off and weld on a new top section?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

you ins. comp is not going to get all of what is rong so just find a good shop and have them go over the car. as far a a buy back you will have to get it fixed and them have the state police inspect it. i just did the same thing this year with my truck. good luck with it

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

unless you had some monster mods, IE stroker motor/rebuilt trans/Forced induction-let them take that car and give you a check. Go buy something that's got similar mods done to it.

Consider what you've done to the frame of that car-it's not worht shit anymore. Insurance companies will total a car when it hits 80% of it's value.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

that sucks. and right after i lowered it for you.

also, back off of the guy. man was in a wreck and all you guys can do it bother him with his caps and paragraphing? i'm really inclined to hand out warnings for the insensitivity.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm11973 View Post
    yeah i agree ,..how the hell do you roll a lowered bird????
    just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
    He probably walked it sideways and the back wheels dug in the grass or dirt
    been there and done it in my old 76 nova years ago. after all he slid into a ditch. this means he went of the highway and into no pavement material.

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

also when frame damage occurs, the structural intrigity of the car is hindered. That being said, the next accident its in, it will crumble like a cracker.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I started handed out warnings. Anymore posts in this thread that are not strictly related to the original topic will result in more warnings being handed out or the thread closed.

BLACK
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

hi, guys. i want to thank those of you that replied offering help and advice. i really appreciate it. for the grammar teacher who replied and was more worried about punctuation and wants to worry more about paragraphs,caps locks and punctuation than a bad ass black 2002 ws6 that just rolled. i would love to meet you in person. for those that are really concerned. here is what happened. my throttle body stuck and the gas pedal feel to the floor and the car fishtailed. it was heading straight for a pole so i steered into the spin and there was not enough room for the car to get around and do a complete 360. it slid into a ditch that was mucky and as the car slid further down the ditch ,the dirt got higher than the tires, which caused the car to roll. it was damn near at a complete stop when it rolled. so those of you who think its impossible to roll you bird, its not. i would think some of you would have some understanding how i must feel. this car meant a lot to me. how would you feel if you rolled your bird and some stupid people are worried about caps locks and punctuation???????? i would like to thank the people who care and stuck up for me . that's awesome another bird owner sticking up for his fellow bird owner!!!!!!!!!

Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

Did the pedal get stuck under a floor mat carpet? I've had that happen...scarry...I grabbed ignition key and killed it as fast as possible while stabbing the brakes. Damn near needed a fresh set of pants after that fiasco.

BLACK
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

my throttle body had been sticking. so i pushed it hard and it fell to the floor. i would of shut it down, but then i would not of had the power steering to try to get out of the spin. theres no way i wanted to wreck the car or drive it crazy. i had my two sons in the car. i would not risk hurting them.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    i bet the frame is bend, also with your engine damage ..ect...it would be much cheaper to just get a new one...get all the mods off and call it good.
    Second that!!! You don't have SFC's yet, so the frame is almost definately bent, and even if you did, I don't know if it would have helped. Check your roof/ body for small cracks, but I bet the damn thing is twisted. Guy I know barely hit a barrier in his Mach 1, and his whole frame/ roof/ windshield are craked, bent, and destroyed. You're probably better off licking your wounds, taking off your mods, and getting a new one. That really sucks man! Good luck!

BLACK
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

hi, thanks for your reply. here is the thing. the car was at a complete stop on its side in some muck. then my kids shifted in the car and over she went. i checked all the doors hatch and hood and they all open and close and have the same spacing all the way around. its not like i was doing 45-50 and hit the ditch and flipped its because of that damn muck that my car rolled. here is the thing if they do total the car i want the most possible money i can get. so by not just accepting the insurance saying its totaled without seeing it. they will know that i will not just buy off easy. this will work to my advantage either way. by saying no, i will not take the check, they know that i am not going to settle for a measly 12,000 for a ws6 thats worth a hell of a lot more. i will know more tomorrow when they put it on their machine and gets the exact measurements from Pontiac showing exactly where the t-top measurements should be. i can honestly say that you really would not no the car was flipped except for a little dent in the t-top support bar, thats what will determine if its totaled. thanks for you honesty and reply,mike

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY'S 2002 TA View Post
    i can honestly say that you really would not no the car was flipped except for a little dent in the t-top support bar, thats what will determine if its totaled. thanks for you honesty and reply,mike
    Wow, you got lucky lol. Even if you weren't going fast, cars aren't made like they used to be (structurally anyway). I'm no expert, but that sounds great! If Pontiac, or a body shop has the technology to check all of your measurements, then why the hell not have it done? And the insurance is gonna pay for it right?

I know what you mean when you say the ins. only wants to give you 12,000 for your car; Get a few quotes from body shops, and you might wanna get some legal advice if they don't wanna pay you for what you think (or can prove) it's worth. Don't just lay down for them.

We (as the owner) have an inherent bias that our cars are the best, and worth much more than an ins. company wants to pay when something goes wrong. On the other hand, their bias is protecting their money, not what may be in your best interest. It's a shame that so many people have cheated the system, that they have to unfairly penalize the ones who truly need or deserve the compensation. I'm curious to see what they'll find tomorrow. Good luck!

pewter
    01 ws6

Good luck man

Oriental Blue
    2001 Trans Am WS.6 M6

hey mikey i got into an accident about 6 months ago in my 2000 T/A which put me in a similar situation as yours. i was told the car was totalled and was completely worried that the insurance company was going to attempt to rip me off with a check of 6k or something rediculous like that. however they ended up coming through. 14500 was the final payout and about 4 months before that i paid 11500 for it, so in my case they were pretty reasonable(if not much more than reasonable)

good luck bro, hope you the best

ps once the car is totalled(im just assuming because thats what it sounds like will happen) it definately will not be worht the hassle of fixing it, i would take the money and start shopping. just my opinion though, good luck again

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

well, that sure was a mell of a hess to get into.
    like some of the others said, take pictures and if you can get enough money from the insurance, buy a new bird. not sure how much it can be worth with sentimental value though.
    i would guess your best bet is the new bird though, sorry i can't be of more help><! Good luck fellow TA owner

pewter
    2000 trans am

Dnag man that stinks I hope it works out!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

all i can say is good luck. I feel for you man. I would be heart broken if I had to get rid of my ws6. All I can say is that there are plenty of good ones out there and if you cant keep the one you hae now. I am sure that you will be able to get another one jsu tlike it maybe even better and it will be ok.

midnight Blue
    '99 Trans Am ws7

That really does suck. ive totaled a couple cars worth nothing but ment something to me. but i think the way you made it sound it could be fixable. ive never been afraid of a wrecked...anything. as long as it was done right. people find out that just because its wrecked doesnt mean it totaled. some people are just afraid of it. but if it were my car i would probably look into getting it fixed also

that sucks.............sorry to hear that man. Good luck with it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information