Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BLACK
    2002 TRANS AM WS6

Flipped My 2002 Ws6

Hey Whats Up?? I Am In Florida In Palm Bay And I Rolled My Car Into Ditch. It Busted Out The T-tops And The Drivers Door Window And Bent The Passenger Side Headlight Motor. Man I Got A Ton Of Money Into The Car And Just Had It Lowered. I Also Have Some Headers And Sub Frame Connectors That Were Going To Be Installed This Wednesday. Well Doesn't Look Like Thats Going To Happen. I Talked With A Insurance Phone Adjuster And They Do A Point System For The Damage And Anything Over 25 Points Of Damage They Want To Total The Car. She Said I Have At Least 38 Points So They Will Try To Total My Car. I Said No Way You Did Not Even See The Car. I Know It Can Be Fixed If I Knew Of A Good Body Shop That Does Good Work. The Tow Truck Driver Did Not Know What He Was Doing. I Had To Show Him Where To Put The Chains To Roll The Car Back Over. I Got In The Car And It Started Right Up. So I Am Almost Positive That The Motor And Trans Are Ok. Has Anyone Had A Experience Like This Where Their Trying To Total Your Car Out When You Know The Car Can Be Fixed. I Heard Of People Buying There Car Back After Their Car Has Been Totaled Out. How Does That Work??? The Cop Put That There Is $8,000 Dollars Or More To The Car. I Was Always Under The Impression That They Will Fix Your Car If The Damage Is Less Than The Cars Value. Any Opinions Or Facts That Could Help Me Out With The Adjuster Tomorrow That Is Going To Look At My Car??? Oh Ya Nationwide Does Something That I Never Heard Of. They Want My Permission To Let Them Tow My Car To One Of Their Centers To Review The Damage. Should I Let Them Do That?? Man I Wish I Knew Of A Good Body Shop. I Am Going To Post This Under The Florida Section And See If Anyone Knows Of A Good Body Shop. Any Help From Another Ws6 Car Owner Would Be Great. Thanks

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

A. IDK how you rolled it because these vehicles have a low center of gravity esp. when lowered.
    B. You should never start a motor that has been upside down.... not good
    C. Easy on the caps lock there buddy

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEY'S 2002 TA View Post
    Hey Whats Up?? I Am In Florida In Palm Bay And I Rolled My Car Into Ditch. It Busted Out The T-tops And The Drivers Door Window And Bent The Passenger Side Headlight Motor. Man I Got A Ton Of Money Into The Car And Just Had It Lowered. I Also Have Some Headers And Sub Frame Connectors That Were Going To Be Installed This Wednesday. Well Doesn't Look Like Thats Going To Happen. I Talked With A Insurance Phone Adjuster And They Do A Point System For The Damage And Anything Over 25 Points Of Damage They Want To Total The Car. She Said I Have At Least 38 Points So They Will Try To Total My Car. I Said No Way You Did Not Even See The Car. I Know It Can Be Fixed If I Knew Of A Good Body Shop That Does Good Work. The Tow Truck Driver Did Not Know What He Was Doing. I Had To Show Him Where To Put The Chains To Roll The Car Back Over. I Got In The Car And It Started Right Up. So I Am Almost Positive That The Motor And Trans Are Ok. Has Anyone Had A Experience Like This Where Their Trying To Total Your Car Out When You Know The Car Can Be Fixed. I Heard Of People Buying There Car Back After Their Car Has Been Totaled Out. How Does That Work??? The Cop Put That There Is $8,000 Dollars Or More To The Car. I Was Always Under The Impression That They Will Fix Your Car If The Damage Is Less Than The Cars Value. Any Opinions Or Facts That Could Help Me Out With The Adjuster Tomorrow That Is Going To Look At My Car??? Oh Ya Nationwide Does Something That I Never Heard Of. They Want My Permission To Let Them Tow My Car To One Of Their Centers To Review The Damage. Should I Let Them Do That?? Man I Wish I Knew Of A Good Body Shop. I Am Going To Post This Under The Florida Section And See If Anyone Knows Of A Good Body Shop. Any Help From Another Ws6 Car Owner Would Be Great. Thanks
    Bro, have you ever heard of paragraphs??? That was a fken huge effort to read.

NEVER EVER start an engine that was flipped before removing the plugs to get all the oil out. You likely damaged the engine too so add some more points to the 38.

How the heck to you role a lowered bird?? Really?

Pics?

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah i agree ,..how the hell do you roll a lowered bird???? WTF. Second., F-ck what some dumbass cop says, like he can say whether or not there is 8000 in damage. Give me a freeking break!! I would take your car to a place that isnt the ins. companies designated shop. Such shops will always be corrupt and do what is in favor of the ins. company not you. You should be able to get your own estimated from shops you want, and then if they make yuo take your car to their shop , you can argue if the outcome is very different. Never trust ins. companies they are full of shit.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

T-tops you can get easily.. headlight components you can get easily... change your oil.. plugs and clean your engine out and take it easy on it... I rolled my truck and drove it out with some tow strap on frame help and its fine so you should be good. i hope you saved all your receipts to those upgrades... when my dad wrecked his '74 455 sd he had all of the paperwork to show what was in it... it was totalled but at least he had proof of the work he did to it.... Take pictures out the butt... of your mods... and type it all out... and btw... Did you slide into the ditch then the ditch helped flip your car?
    Thats kinda what happened to me in my truck... Only thing i hurt was paint and my pride.. lol

NBM
    2000 WS6

Most Insurance comp. allow you up to 80 % of the cars value before they total it. And its your right to have it repaired at any shop as long as its approved by them. They don't tell you this unless you ask or you tell them its "your" car and you would like to have it fixed elswhere....

Been there done that.........
    2000 NBM WS6

/oo_________oo\
    |==_/_ws6_\_==|

><(((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

i bet the frame is bend, also with your engine damage ..ect...it would be much cheaper to just get a new one...get all the mods off and call it good.

pewter
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    A. IDK how you rolled it because these vehicles have a low center of gravity esp. when lowered.
    B. You should never start a motor that has been upside down.... not good
    C. Easy on the caps lock there buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    Bro, have you ever heard of paragraphs??? That was a fken huge effort to read.

NEVER EVER start an engine that was flipped before removing the plugs to get all the oil out. You likely damaged the engine too so add some more points to the 38.

How the heck to you role a lowered bird?? Really?

Pics?
    Dudes looking for advice, not someone to bust his balls jeez. I don't think he gives a F**K about punctuation

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

just future advice so people in the future can help. Who Wants To Read Things That Are Written This Way? Its Too Hard To Read!!

Just trying to help out and I still dont know how someone can role a lowered bird. I was just seeing how he managed.

Silver
    2002 Z28

Seriously, you want it totaled. If you're that attached, ask about buying it back, but I can guarantee that fixing it will never be 100%, and it will just be a big headache.

And btw to the moron who threw out the arrogant "dumbass cop" remark: accident report forms have damage estimate boundaries, and it's pretty easy to see a car on its roof, with inevitable body damage on most sides (rolled cars don't fare well), and check the 8000 box.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

pewter
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02cetransam View Post
    just future advice so people in the future can help. Who Wants To Read Things That Are Written This Way? Its Too Hard To Read!!

Just trying to help out and I still dont know how someone can role a lowered bird. I was just seeing how he managed.
    Ya I know, but since your a fellow bird owner you understand how much he probably cares about his car. He probably walked it sideways and the back wheels dug in the grass or dirt

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

My mom took mine 45 through a ditch sideways when i first got it and all it did was slide, thats what makes me wonder how it got turned into a tobogan.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

I kinda dislike how everyone tries to get off topic and flame everyone... just try to help the guy out...Its possible to roll anything if the conditions are right... and the officer marked it that way probably because he has delt with it a lot in the past before.

Anyway... send a lot of pics...

pewter
    01 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    I kinda dislike how everyone tries to get off topic and flame everyone... just try to help the guy out...Its possible to roll anything if the conditions are right... and the officer marked it that way probably because he has delt with it a lot in the past before.

Anyway... send a lot of pics...
    Yaaa thats almost exactly what I was saying!!! wtf

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

At the end of the day, as hard as its going to be, its best to get payed out by insurance and get a new bird. Its going to be to sell a car with wrecked title plus all the other issues. But on the other hand, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    Seriously, you want it totaled. If you're that attached, ask about buying it back, but I can guarantee that fixing it will never be 100%, and it will just be a big headache.

And btw to the moron who threw out the arrogant "dumbass cop" remark: accident report forms have damage estimate boundaries, and it's pretty easy to see a car on its roof, with inevitable body damage on most sides (rolled cars don't fare well), and check the 8000 box.
    hey asshole,..... I got rear ended by a lady going 50mph and I was at a dead stop at a traffic light. The cop put down that there was moderate damage to my car and her car in the police report. BOTH cars were totaled and sitting on the ground, both had to be towed, her car looked like a crushed soda can....looks like that report with the damage estimate boundaries worked real well. silly me I must be arrogant!!!!

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Anything I mean anything is fixable.. Its probably not gonna be practical but if you dead set on it.. then do it.......if its bad.. take your mods off.. get another... and try it again.. just a bit more carefully...

idk about a lot of people but im tired of the flaming.. if you get upset over someones random comment on the internet then you have some other problems... I have found a lot of great help/people on here... just gotta respect other peoples opinions... even if you dont like em... or its incorrect to your degree...

Flame off!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please lay off the grammar issues guys. The guy is just looking for help, if you don't have helpful advise, please don't post just to critique the grammar.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

gunny agrees

pewter
    01 ws6

x2

Thread Information