Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A Flavor For All- Enjoy!

This is a discussion on A Flavor For All- Enjoy! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey Tony, Evidently you like the Anniversary Stripes.... the gold stripes looks dull on your black... why didn't you go ...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Striping It

Hey Tony,

Evidently you like the Anniversary Stripes.... the gold stripes looks dull on your black... why didn't you go with white or Yellow? To each is their own. I saw a black with Dark Red stickering that did stand out at all. Didn't look well.

You liked the stripes of course.... and if you went with Anniversary edition, they are all two tone.. why did you go Two Tone? White and Gold would have given it a nice contrast.

Did you do those stripes yourself? Any difficulties? I think striping the Tail in the back is tough.

Matthew

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up An Accent

Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    I never said the TA should only look stock.
    Since you mentioned that.... how about Gold Grills for your nostril? That would be a nice accent...

Matthew

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I wouldn't ever own a Lambo....even if I could afford one.
    Too flashy for me....and the performance doesn't match the pricetag in my opinion. Probably not the popular opinion...but again, it is mine.

For the most part...people see my car as stock appearing. It has wheels, that is basicly it. The subtle things people don't notice unless they own one.
    Hell....my wheels weren't even something I wanted to do. More of a money thing. Same price to buy wider wheels and sell the stockers than to widen the stockers.
    Click for full size

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Hands down I guarantee a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo will out torque and run a TA, because of it's weight.
    Stock for stock??? No they won't.

The LS1 in the Trans Am's is still one of the fastest stock vehicles that you could buy.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Exclamation The GTO

Hey Mr. Smarty,

At 50 mph on the highway, our TAs can speed up and accelerate amazingly well.

Two years ago while on the highway, driving in my Saturn Sedan, one of those recent stockedGTO pulled up next to me... and than accelerated. It accelerated quite quickly to my surprise. We know that a GTO is comes stock at 400 hp or something like that. My question to you........ you think a stock GTO can accelerate much better than a TA at 50 mph?

Given the GTOs body.. I know it's lighter in mass compared to a TA by far.

Matthew

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

The GTO is heavier.
    The LS1 GTO will lose to a T/A.
    The LS2 GTO will make it a driver's race.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Smile Bad Studs.............

Speaking of Wheels, when I rotated my tires after two years, a couple studs broke from the tire. I was not very happy for I had to pull the rotors to replace the studs. GM does not have very good studs on these rotors.

Have you encounted broken studs on your vehicle? Your rims does justice to your vehicle.

Buy the way, the TA spoiler is just for looks don't you agree, it does not do a single thing for the back air drag. The rear air lip for the V6s in actuality is really functional. Despite the fact, I don't see anyone in this forum mentioning that or removing the spoiler. More so, everyone want's a TA spoiler hahahah!

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Hey Tony,

Evidently you like the Anniversary Stripes.... the gold stripes looks dull on your black... why didn't you go with white or Yellow? To each is their own. I saw a black with Dark Red stickering that did stand out at all. Didn't look well.

You liked the stripes of course.... and if you went with Anniversary edition, they are all two tone.. why did you go Two Tone? White and Gold would have given it a nice contrast.

Did you do those stripes yourself? Any difficulties? I think striping the Tail in the back is tough.

Matthew
    I may be wrong but I do believe the Anniversary stripes from the factory were not two tone. I know you can get them two tone from the same place I got mine Phoenix Graphics. I took it to a graphics shop in town that has an over head scanner that basically scans your vehicle dimensions into an auto cad program. They scanned the graphics and input that data into a CAD layer and it displayed lineup points on the actual vehicle so the application was super precise and evenly spaced. They did the stripe under the spoiler and on top of the deck lid by good old fashioned eyesight guess-timation.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Since you mentioned that.... how about Gold Grills for your nostril? That would be a nice accent...

Matthew
    Can I get the ones out of your mouth ?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Dropping the parts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    The GTO is heavier.
    The LS1 GTO will lose to a T/A.
    The LS2 GTO will make it a driver's race.
    I'm not going to question your knowledge, but those GTO retailed really high in pricing and didn't go out with a very big bang. All them I have seen on the street so far performed quickly though didn't look it. If we were to strip our vehicle, including the hood, spoiler, and the heavy rims... I know for a fact that our vehicle will make the quarter mile better than most stocked vehicle.

Though the TA body is made of composite, it just feels so damn heavy.

At any rate, my haydays are over at 37 with 3 children and keeping with the speed limit most of the time is a necessity. The vehicle was fun when I was single 5 years ago. Neither speed nor looks makes a big impression to me at the moment........... It's still nice to take it out to warm up the engine every two weeks.

Hey......... Onced I parked the vehicle for a full 3 weeks.... when I took it out, the engine had somewhat of a rattle in it.. can you believe that at 11,000. Since, I run the engine more often.

Goodd day and thanks for the small replies,
    Matthew

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Have you encounted broken studs on your vehicle?
    Only one, but it was my own fault.
    At this point though, I have replaced all the wheel studs with longer one for my drag wheels to pass NHRA tech standards.

I have no idea if the T/A wing is tunnel tested or not.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Cool Ones And Zeros?

Can I get the ones out of your mouth ?

Okay... Here are ONES ONES ONES... remember the MATRIX ? aha.. was 1s and 0s....

How about this, single color white ghost flames on your Bird. You would Love it.. I have never seen that on Black.

Matthew
    Alright.. enough said for one day on this bird... it's fun to heckle with all of you.

If I could, I would just own a 10 speed bicycle to save on gas and tuneups!!

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Okay... Here are ONES ONES ONES... remember the MATRIX ? aha.. was 1s and 0s....

How about this, single color white ghost flames on your Bird. You would Love it.. I have never seen that on Black.

Matthew
    Alright.. enough said for one day on this bird... it's fun to heckle with all of you.

If I could, I would just own a 10 speed bicycle to save on gas and tuneups!!
    Good one Matt. BTW when you get your ten speed I'll race you in my mule and buggy (my answer when gas hits $5 per gal) Have a good one.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down There is a Drag

What I do now right after I wash my vehicle, I quickly take it out and run it so that the water in the wheel stud can heat off right away. The rust accumulates really quickly in there if you don't heat off immediately.

Based on the TA body curvature, air will flow around, in between the body and tail and drag the rear. A lip in the back to curve the air up would be most pratical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Only one, but it was my own fault.
    At this point though, I have replaced all the wheel studs with longer one for my drag wheels to pass NHRA tech standards.

Good rest of the day and thanks for the responses... seems like we spent a better part of our day in this forum rather than driving our TAs...

I wanted to inspect this one white 1999 TA from a guy who was selling it for 7800 today, but will pass on it for the mileage is at 155,000...... Not a good deal huh?

Good rest of the day,
    Matthew

I have no idea if the T/A wing is tunnel tested or not.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Upgrading My Buggy!

Holy Crap.... you still want one up on me huh? $5 a gallon will be here one day. No one every mentions that Trans Am burn up a lot of fuel, even at idling. Trans Am are a Gluttony for fuel punishment.

Someone told me their vehicle can burn 29 miles per a gallon..... now that sounds pretty good.

I guess with mule and wagon, we would be in the Mule forum then.... would you still ad stripes to your buggy? hahahahahah Freakin Aye! Would we debate how big are wagon wheels are? I'm still going to add ground effects to my buggy though!!!!!!hahahahah Take that to the bank Black Trans Am!!

By the way, I wanted to buy a white Trans Am from this guy today, though my wife didn't approve because my current TA sits in the garage year round... speaking about sucking on a Sunday huh? I sucked.. you got me what could I say... Blue and black strips on White TA.. what do you think?

Good day... I gottttttsta doing something today then love letters to you TA lovers in this forum!

Matthew
    Good one Matt. BTW when you get your ten speed I'll race you in my mule and buggy (my answer when gas hits $5 per gal) Have a good one.

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    If you think about it, F-body owners that do that type of thing to their cars are actually doing the rest of us a favor...#1 it makes our stock cars look that much better by comparison and #2 every time some clown destroys an F-body like that, it lowers the number of origional cars out there, thus helping them hold their value just a little better and increases collectors potential in the future...so by all means, rice away...
    this is true, but wouldn't you rather pull up along side one and bs with them about how our cars smash almost every stock vehicle on the road under $50k rather than worry about weather you can hold your lunch down?!?!?!?! but to each their own i guess, right? i'm pretty o.g. when it comes to cars and stuff though, my maro's all black, so cars like that kinda SHOCK me when i see them! peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a bad FORD go sit in the corner

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Mustang Hanging Loose- And the Rare Breed

Quote Originally Posted by nomorefords View Post
    this is true, but wouldn't you rather pull up along side one and bs with them about how our cars smash almost every stock vehicle on the road under $50k rather than worry about weather you can hold your lunch down?!?!?!?! but to each their own i guess, right? i'm pretty o.g. when it comes to cars and stuff though, my maro's all black, so cars like that kinda SHOCK me when i see them! peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's a bad FORD go sit in the corner
    Now that is a better attitude and looking out for your own!!!! I noticed your Forum name....... damn, despite the fact that Fbodys are the predecessor to the road, the Mustangs are the ones that sell and is still alive.

2 years before the Stangs came out, I had a chance to first hand rate them, externally as well as internally..... externally they didn't look very bad... but when I sat inside, the vehicle was a joke (given the retro new design). It just looks so bare bone inside, especially with those steering wheels and the vent.

The sad part is sales maintain their existance where the Fbodies have been hung out to dry. By the way, Camaroes seemed to sell much better than Trans Am........ I just don't know why they rid the Maroes as a whole.

Matthew

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information