Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A Flavor For All- Enjoy!

This is a discussion on A Flavor For All- Enjoy! within the Firebird / WS6 forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; matt, you got some issues man...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

matt, you got some issues man

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Shot to Hell

Hahahahaha you say I have problems. You are attracted to the Ford Mustand from the Transformer that entail all of those additions to the body, including the lights hahahahah!

That Mustang does look pretty sharp. Just imagine if everything in this world was just one color... how about just being black like your trans am, where would varity be at?

Everything would be shot to hell !!!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you read that alllll kinda wrong, boy.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Disagreements?

Relax boy! It's the weekend............ how about this:

Any disagreements ?
    Good weekend!!!
    Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you read that alllll kinda wrong, boy.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Still like this best...

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Off the Gravel

You should love your car more by keeping it off the Gravel Road! hahahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Still like this best...

Click for full size

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Drive slow....doesn't hurt anything.

I actually prefer it now. That pic was about 3 years old.
    Click for full size

OR....

Click for full size

Admiral Biotch

Metallic Blue
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Lets put a body kit and lower it while we are at it. Put some dragon graphics along the side or hood, and advertise on the front or back window that its a pontiac and that it has a v-tec engine b/c your old engine had too much power for the ricey pos. Oh and dont forget the fart cannon coffee can with a huge wing that makes people actually want to hit into your car.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

If you buy it and that's what you want to do. fine. it's your car and everyone's tastes are different. I kinda like the two-tone thing. Or if your front or rear cracks or is hit, and an aftermarket is cheaper than OEM replacement, why not?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by crimson Tiger View Post
    Lets put a body kit and lower it while we are at it.
    What have you got against lowering them? A lowered T/A looks mean.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorefords View Post
    i just puked 3 times and that was before i saw all of the photos, i'm not sure what would possess someone to molest an f-body like that, but, please, please, please don't go through with any idea even similar to that one. if you're planning on doing it, i will pay a bum to spray shit all over it! please stop thinking with your !
    If you think about it, F-body owners that do that type of thing to their cars are actually doing the rest of us a favor...#1 it makes our stock cars look that much better by comparison and #2 every time some clown destroys an F-body like that, it lowers the number of origional cars out there, thus helping them hold their value just a little better and increases collectors potential in the future...so by all means, rice away...
    1999 Formula WS6 Silver T-Top, 6 speed, 3:42 gears

1997 Trans Am Silver hardtop, many extras

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

nws Just Another Vehicle- without 500 hp?

You make a very qualifying statement that many in this forum does not ponder upon. OEM TA parts cost an arm and a leg. I called Pontiac the other day pricing OEM skirt for the TA ( the two little pieces under the door that I never noticed). They said the pieces run for $1,300..... after hearing that, I disregarded asking whether for "each" or "both." I also priced the ground effects for Firebirds (plain Firebirds without the ground effects are not very appealing).... they even costed more. Just those two pieces cost almost as much as the OEM RAM air hood from YEARONE which I purchased 6 years ago for $1500. Those hood now run for $1842.00 without shipping.

Everyone on here loves their vehicle and that is a given, however, some people overstate their disgust to ground effects and the command wings etc. The two tone ground effects brings much more attention to your vehicle including the look of speed. Either you have speed and torque through vehicle modifications or the look. The majority of TAs don't have 500 plus hp. Hands down I guarantee a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo will out torque and run a TA, because of it's weight.

TAs are very heavy vehicle, any additioins to it and you are sacrificing torque and off-the-line thrust. Despite forum people hating the ground effects etc, they have went and replaced their stock rims... The yellow anniversary editions comes with side bird stripes and other comes with stripes, explained that to me. I don't see people complaining about the YELLOW edition. I wished they manufactured that color as a regular TA.

Every time I see parked or a drive by Firebird or TA, I still stared. Original stock Firebirds lack the look as well as the power. I feel they are just another vehicle on the road. The GTO can't make it for it has no body appeal. All GTO owners have made body part editions just because.

At any rate, I had to take off my skirt ground effects for the smog check Dino (not enough rear well clearance).... initially, I installed them improperly following Wings West instructions for it was not made very clear. After reading people's post, I was going to leave them off and remove the front and rear effects as well as install back on the Original spoiler..... though I have retorted and decide to sand and repaint those skirt and install them back on to the vehicle again. The two tone parts flow with the vehicle and makes the TA very original in look and concept, granted the Commando Wing looks bulky, though it entail its own originality. If I had a better selection of spoilers in 2001 to replace the OEM spoiler, I would have not gone with the Commando Wing.

All in all, do you have just another vehicle on the road, or do you have a unique one that is fun to get in and turns head?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmatt

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    If you buy it and that's what you want to do. fine. it's your car and everyone's tastes are different. I kinda like the two-tone thing. Or if your front or rear cracks or is hit, and an aftermarket is cheaper than OEM replacement, why not?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Angry TA Value

You are taking it quite seriously aren't you? Relax, everyone has their own taste and it's about the fun and that of enjoying your own design. If you wanted class act, you should be looking into the Mercedes, Infinitis, Lexus, or the BMWs.

Check the Kelley Blue Book to review the price of TAs with under 5,000 miles, they are not worth very much. I can pick up a 4th generation TA over here in California for under 6,000. It's ashame.

Good day,
    Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson Tiger View Post
    Lets put a body kit and lower it while we are at it. Put some dragon graphics along the side or hood, and advertise on the front or back window that its a pontiac and that it has a v-tec engine b/c your old engine had too much power for the ricey pos. Oh and dont forget the fart cannon coffee can with a huge wing that makes people actually want to hit into your car.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Big and Bulky

Despite the fact that you are not attracted to TA Body part additions, why did you throw those big bulky stripes on the body of your vehicle. That's not factory and any TA owner can spot that a mile away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony180a View Post
    I 2nd that motion Mr Luos

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

So what is wrong with the stock look?

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down Saying One Thing and Doing Another!

Are you getting offended? I'm referring to the fact that he believe the vehicle should look stock, though he slapped on the bulky stripes to his TA.
    So what is wrong with the stock look?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

No. Not offended.
    He can do whatever he wants to his car and so can you.

You just make it sound like the Trans Am doesn't look good in stock form....which I disagree with. Nothing really needs changed. Some minor things here and there can just add to it.

And I don't think anyone said it should look stock. But the body should flow nicely.

Taste is a matter of opinion.

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Despite the fact that you are not attracted to TA Body part additions, why did you throw those big bulky stripes on the body of your vehicle. That's not factory and any TA owner can spot that a mile away!
    You asked which flavor TA do you like ? Of the choices you offered I chose none of the above. To each his own. It is your car and money you do what you want but when you ask opinions in a public forum you can expect others to not appreciate your fine taste. BTW I don't think my stripes are bulky but thats my opinion.

[IMG][/IMG]

Black
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Are you getting offended? I'm referring to the fact that he believe the vehicle should look stock, though he slapped on the bulky stripes to his TA.
    I never said the TA should only look stock.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Not a Lamborghini

I think we all can agree on this..... but when it comes to stock..... if we own Lamborghinis.... I think any of us would modify a single thing to that vehicle hahahaha!!! We do it because it's a Trans Am?

No. Not offended.
    He can do whatever he wants to his car and so can you.

You just make it sound like the Trans Am doesn't look good in stock form....which I disagree with. Nothing really needs changed. Some minor things here and there can just add to it.

And I don't think anyone said it should look stock. But the body should flow nicely.

Taste is a matter of opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information